"Super Pumpkin" Mustang ???

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING "Super Pumpkin" Mustang ???

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

……….. yes thats the car on rt 118 ……… and no the orange car and my red car are two different cars 😀 the orange one is Petes and was a 302 and my car was a 428 CJ Mach 1 , I sold my car back in 1986 ………………………….. petes still has his and needs plenty of resto ……….. little at a time ……………………..tomato 😀

dino
        Keymaster
            quote donkauer:

Check with Dino……….. I’m sure he’s got some extra Casey Engineering stickers around………….Hey Billy, that’s all you……………………….Don……..

John has them …And Hows the Car Coming ? ready for Nostalgia Drags ?

tomatohead
            Participant

…….. progress is a little slow 🙁 …………. with four kids 😆 ……….. but going …….. 😀

dino
                Keymaster

make that 5—–you 😆

tomatohead
                    Participant

……. OK , you know sometimes it takes a while to get everything together so you can get a project started , and we all know how things pop up that need to be done 1st , and then all of a sudden you have a place to work on the car and you have the car moved and your working on the car , to be at a DOVER RACE next 😀

Attachments:

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

T. Head, get er done!!!!!!!

‘V’

tomatohead
                            Participant

…. we gettin her stripped down !!! 😯 ……. Thats my buddy “PETE” its his car , yuo ll being seeing more of him soon 😀

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Hey…D/SA cool…wow you are dedicated…looks like a LOT of work ahead…Don’t be a stranger !

tomatohead
                                    Participant

….. this work is possible with the “USE” of his shop Tom “TJS TOWING” Zottoli in Somers NY , this is where I do all car work , engine assy is done at my garage in Stormville , heres a pic of “TOM and PETE” , ………. TJS TOWING 914 277 2220 tell em “tomatohead” gave you his number 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                        Participant

…. OK we got her ready to roll inside, it will be warmer in here to work on , going to get chilly soon 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                            Participant

….. we were able to start some fitting of new parts yesterday ,we would probably worked on the car today but it THANKSGIVING so we gonna take a break 😀

Attachments:

patina
                                                Participant

Mater for a race car how did it get so rusty?

Pat

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

…… PAT , I guess sitting outside for 20+ yrs 😯 didnt help and the truck mounted batttery leaked acid in the truck over the rear frame rail the spring shackle and the interior held alot of moisture so you get the idea ………… anyway thats all in the past now ,and its being lots of fun and we should be at the DOVER RACE in Sept 2016 😀 …… we been cuttin out the rusted spots an putting in the new panels and unbolting everything that unbolts and bolting new parts back on , I will be getting ALL NEW front end suspenion parts , next week and will do that also 😀

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                        Participant

Yeah Pat, you wonder how that could happen, but I’ve heard a lot of stories of when
                                                            the race car was retired, they just parked it behind the garage or barn and the car sat
                                                            there and rotted into the ground. Some had trees growing through them. When you
                                                            think about it, remember watching a specific race car go down the track for a couple years.
                                                            Then the guy moves into a newer race car and you never see the old car again. Where
                                                            did it go ❓ How nice it would be if we all still had our first race car ❗ 😮 MEMORIES ❗ 😀

Frank… 😎

dino
                                                            Keymaster

My First Car Down the Track …’67 . My 54 Ford -3 speed Hurst ,272 y-block ,blue plexi windows,surfer decals in back side windows…about 100 Dover pit passes hanging off of radio knob.Shown parked next to Tower, with School of Visual Arts student decal ‘SVA”. Hey…That gives me an idea!…See:
                                                                http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4631

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 139 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.