"Trick Tank" 62′ Dodge and "Bis-Kwik" 66′ Biscayne

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR "Trick Tank" 62′ Dodge and "Bis-Kwik" 66′ Biscayne

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY
        Seems we have two ‘NEW”s !!
        We have NEWTOWN,CT,which is close to Danbury and we have NEWINGTON ,Ct. which is close to Hartford !!
        ‘V’

paul-ceasrine

Dino and V-Bob,

Newtown and/or Newington. My friend Mike said Newtown, but maybe he misunderstood
            the telecast, or maybe he didn’t. Anyway, the car was found in Connecticut, and that’s a good thing, right? Can’t believe no one else remembers that car at Dover. Is everybody from
            68′ thru 70′ still under a chemical enhancer 😀

Gary (Storm King). Right about throwing stuff away. When my father sold his shop in 98′,
            he couldn’t give anything away. All the small block Mopar 340 stuff, even the Big Block 440 stuff, damn even the small block Chevy stuff (all the Fuelie Heads), pink rods, and factory aluminum dual-plane intakes, nobody wanted to pay any decent amount of $ for that stuff.
            All’s anybody wanted, was his cache’ of CHEVY BIG-BLOCKS. Steel cranks, 4-bolt main blocks,
            L-89 aluminum heads, and open-chamber SPEC. PERFORMANCE heads.

Have to penalize you one viscous-drive fan-clutch. I think Joe Kenney had “Trick Tank”
            for 68′ and the entire 69′ season, (and maybe a touch or two in 70′) before making the
            Camaro switch over. Those damn 69′ Camaro’s, had about a half-dozen different engines to choose from in 69′ (302/290…350/255….350/295…..350/350….327/275…..327/210), and thats only the small-blocks, GEEZ.

In 1969, over at Mopar, we had a 340/275…383/335…..440/375…. and a street HEMI.
            Thats for the whole damn division. 😕

Paul (If I’m wrong about “Trick Tank”, I’ve got a 1964 factory Race Hemi NASCAR-type oil pan,
            worth about $$$$$$$ for you).

dino
            Keymaster

Got an idea …IF Bis-Kwik in NEWington….need a street…got guys right there. Also …maybe Lee knows something If ran Dad a lot. ON Classic Car? TV show ?

paul-ceasrine

Dino,

Gary Dancosse’ of Manchester, Connecticut has possession of “BIS-KWIK”, the 66′ Biscayne.

You mentioned Willie Hormente “Kandid Kamaro” earlier. Willie left “The Automobile Shop”
                    (I think in 74′ or 75′) and went to work for Jay Hanson at Jefferson Valley Service Center, right up the street from my fathers engine shop.
                    You might want to shoot an e-mail to Jay, alot of guys ran cars at Dover through his garage, and maybe he has photo’s to share. Jay a good hard-working guy. Still has the business.
                    Jay ran “GoldiLocks” 69′ Nova, 396/325hp SS/HA. Did pretty good in 72 thru 74′.
                    Of course he did, my father did his heads 🙂
                    Willie had his Camaro parked their, outside with no engine in it. I’m pretty sure Willie was in the process of putting together a 56′ Chevy (in one of Jay’s bays) when tragedy struck.
                    Jay married a girl Theresa who’s father lettered alot of cars in that area, including Jays’ “GoldiLocks” of course, and my fathers Cuda “The Shadow”. Not as good as
                    you though, he was a little cheaper (OOH! Less expensive I mean.)
                    I’ll try to track down Jay’s web-site.
                    Or if you contact them, just say my mom Jeannette Ceasrine from Valley Motor referred you.

Paul

bobby-s

FYI
                        Here are pictures of the ORIGINAL T – Bolt
                        Nazy Crate at Beaver Springs Dragway last year
                        the weekend of the York reunion,
                        It was all hand painted back to original
                        by the original painter/pinstriper Howie,
                        car looked awesome.

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

BIS-KWIK INFO FOUND! ‘This Guy has tons of article and if you click on his name :
                            Matthew Litwin
                            …A long list of what he wrote shows up..see all his “Vintage Racer” articles .
                            Bis-Kwik artilce http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2008/06/01/hmn_feature16.html

Saw something he did On Al Joniac’s Mustang with NO mention of Harvey Wilson ?

dino
                            Keymaster

While were at it with a few cars here…Found this at JalopyJournal.

Attachments:

paul-ceasrine

Doctor Dino,

Thanks for this posting and research. You made my day, really my Indian Summer 😀
                                    My All-Time favorite car.
                                    Remember the way Joe Kenney dominated Stock Eliminator at Dover with this car in
                                    68′, 69′ and maybe 70′, before he went Camaro (convertible) 😕
                                    A lovely little 383/343 HP Dual-quad Carter-carbed 62′ Dodge wagon, just out for a
                                    Sunday drive 🙂
                                    Fit very nicely into the 10.50 – 10.99 (wt/hp) G/SA class. For the 1969 thru 1971 seasons.
                                    Running 12.70’s or so..Sometimes with the brakes depressed going through the traps 😉
                                    Does anybody believe that car weighed in around 3700 lbs ❓
                                    A little back info. Joe and “Trick Tank” finished in the top 15 at the Super Stock Nationals at York, PA in August 8/10/69′. (1 week before Woodstock..Wonder if Joe was a Rock-N-Roller).
                                    1969 NHRA G/SA record holder….. Appeared at the NHRA Winternationals in Pomona,
                                    February 69′ or 70′ (not sure on year), and made to the Semi-Finals in Stock Eliminator.
                                    Not sure if this car made to the 1971 NHRA Summernationals at Englishtown, but Joe Kenney
                                    again made it to the semi-finals in Stock Eliminator. Not sure if it was with the
                                    62′ Dodge wagon (which would have been in H/SA) or if it was with his new ride the
                                    69′ Camaro (350/255HP) convertible J/SA.
                                    Paul (DINO, you are very nice) “Grazie”

dino
                                    Keymaster

POSTED THIS , due to complete detailed History on Joe and his cars .Thanks to Brian for the excellent ‘Finds” …think from its format…its a National Dragster Article-1980.

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Brian Found This Too (In National Dragster-1980)

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

And this -Natl’ Dragster again 1980

Attachments:

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

WOW!! Almost fell off my chair when I saw Joe’s face. What a GREAT guy and Good friend.
                                                    Ralph too. One time at Dover I was at the sitting on the starting line Ralph was behind me waitting to go, the guy in front of us broke down track, we backed up and shut them off. When I restarted to do my burn out, I (Dummy) was still in reverse when I let the clutch fly at about 8,000 RPM’s :o, Ralph behind me did the same only he was in 1st. Fiberglass everywhere, boy was he pissed :evil:. Miss then both. Rich M&M

paul-ceasrine

VERY NICE BIOGRAPHY…

Staples at Dover.
                                                        Joe had a few little tricks in the tank also 😉
                                                        Like the slightly staggered front-end on the 62′ Dodge Wagon.
                                                        Also, once watched him stage at the lights (Lane 1, Tower-side), after staging, the lights activated, Joe backed up about a foot or so, then took off, “Tripping the Light Fantastic”
                                                        (Remember that phrase Dino). Jos must have pulled about a 1/2 car holeshot on the
                                                        other car.
                                                        Somewhere, maybe in Cars Magazine, there was an article about “Trick Tank”, showing the engine compartment, and open valve covers. Good article, maybe 1970-ish.
                                                        I think that 69′ Camaro (350/255HP) convertible, was in J/SA in 1971 first, then K/SA in 1972, before going S/S. That’s the car that made it to the 1971 Summernational (semi-finals)
                                                        at Englishtown. He knocked off the favorite (George Cureton) in the quarter-finals.
                                                        GOD SPEED, GOOD FRIEND. THE DOVER ALUMNI WILL NEVER FORGET THE THRILLS.
                                                        PC, Have a Nice Sunday

bobbigmac

The “trick Tank” was a killer car , a real money maker . If I’m not mistaken it was from Ohio ,I don’t think it was Dave Boertman’s car , but it did win a national event before Joe bought it .
                                                            The plane crash was a great loss for Dover 2 real good racers gone . the other fellow with Joa was Ralphie Feola he had a 57 Corvette that got me several times .. Damn! Bob McArthur

paul-ceasrine

“The Trick Tank”
                                                                BobbiGmac,
                                                                Off “The H.A.M.B.
                                                                The 62′ was Dodge Wagon was originally purchased by a Mr. Tom McCrea, a New York
                                                                native. It was purchased in August 1965, off a used car-lot. No mention if it was a
                                                                daily driver, or street-strip car.
                                                                The car sat for about 9 months, un-touched. It was purchased by Charlie Hampp’s, another New York native, in the spring of 1965.
                                                                I’m guessing, but it sounds like Mr. Hampp’s put the car together for drag racing.
                                                                Whether he lettered it “Trick Tank” is unclear.
                                                                It sounds like Joe Kenney (Hopwell Junction) purchased the car at the end of the 68′ season.
                                                                1969 season, ran in G/SA and won its class at the 69′ Nationals.
                                                                Car could run G/SA 383/343HP with the dual-quad set-up.
                                                                Or could run H/SA 383/325HP with the single four-barrel.
                                                                Depending on……………the weather????
                                                                DINO, who ended up with that car. I think it was mentioned that Ron Frost bought the car.
                                                                But I do not remember seeing that car at Dover in 71′ or later.
                                                                Joe Kenney switched over to the 69′ Camaro (convertible) in 71′.
                                                                Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.