"Trick Tank" 62′ Dodge and "Bis-Kwik" 66′ Biscayne

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR "Trick Tank" 62′ Dodge and "Bis-Kwik" 66′ Biscayne

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    billy-casey

I knew Joe , but not that well , but I knew Ralph very well , we were both sponsored by Speed Parts Center , saw him almost every day . Ralph beat me for king of the hill on the last doy the track was open . which I’m almost positive that was the last run down the track… Billy 😥 😥 😥

bobbigmac
            quote Paul Ceasrine:

Dino,

Gary Dancosse’ of Manchester, Connecticut has possession of “BIS-KWIK”, the 66′ Biscayne.

You mentioned Willie Hormente “Kandid Kamaro” earlier. Willie left “The Automobile Shop”
            (I think in 74′ or 75′) and went to work for Jay Hanson at Jefferson Valley Service Center, right up the street from my fathers engine shop.
            You might want to shoot an e-mail to Jay, alot of guys ran cars at Dover through his garage, and maybe he has photo’s to share. Jay a good hard-working guy. Still has the business.
            Jay ran “GoldiLocks” 69′ Nova, 396/325hp SS/HA. Did pretty good in 72 thru 74′.
            Of course he did, my father did his heads 🙂
            Willie had his Camaro parked their, outside with no engine in it. I’m pretty sure Willie was in the process of putting together a 56′ Chevy (in one of Jay’s bays) when tragedy struck.
            Jay married a girl Theresa who’s father lettered alot of cars in that area, including Jays’ “GoldiLocks” of course, and my fathers Cuda “The Shadow”. Not as good as
            you though, he was a little cheaper (OOH! Less expensive I mean.)
            I’ll try to track down Jay’s web-site.
            Or if you contact them, just say my mom Jeannette Ceasrine from Valley Motor referred you.

Paul

Paul, Bob McArthurI know Jay Hansman and in fact worked for him a while back. He is still quite the busy guy with many businesses and now 2 kids and a new wife(same family) . He still has many cars but “goldilocks” is gone Lee Valentine had it for a while I think and then it was sold. Jay still talks of Williw H. and really liked him. Tradjecy Jay had a tremendious fire/explosion at the station and lost many photos of the race cars.He has many cars corvettes,34 ford , 70 big block el camino I put togetger for him .66 Nova ,and on & on give him a call in the AM cause he’s a busy guy to track down but a great source of race car setup nice guy too I think 914-245 2333???

paul-ceasrine

BOBBIGMAC,
                Booby, besides having our shop there in Jefferson Valley, we lived right up the street, off
                6N, on Rose Drive, just before Stillwater Road.
                Nearly everyone on our road, worked pumping gas at the station. Originally, that station was a Sinclair station, with the dinosaur emblem on the big sign. Then BP, then Jefferson Valley
                Service Station. We always called it JAY’S..
                Yes, Jay Hansmann, good guy and hard working. I still remember the U-Haul’s, and then
                the conversion to Jefferson Valley Rentals. Always nice race cars there in the early 70’s.
                I remember when he first started racing the Nova, gold SS396, Cragars up front and
                black steel wheels on the back. Ran 13.80’s. Then, CenterLines, a trick motor and
                WHAM!! 11.80’s. Hit several S/S Eliminator Finals in 73′ and 74′. Not sure if he got a
                winner, but sure of several Runner-Ups. I think he still brought the car up to the track with
                the tow truck, lifting the back-end of the Nova up, and towing it Dover on the front wheels.
                396/325HP, with the Quadra-Jet. I still remember it like it was yesterday.
                Jay’s was the best garage for my mother to deliver cylinder heads and flywheel jobs to.
                Jay and my mother worked out a deal, no business check for jobs, only tax-free dollars
                (If you know what I mean ;). Then she would make a Bee-Line to the Valley Market to play her lottery numbers. The catch, she told Jay not to tell my father anything 🙄
                PC

paul-ceasrine

Joe Kenney bought the 62′ Dodge wagon from Rick Johnson, out of Hopkins, Minnesota.
                    Rick set the MPH record with that car in October 1966, with a 110.97 mph.
                    It held the MPH record through the 1967 season.

pc

don-kauer

Hey, Just looking at this post and reading back a few posts I saw a familiar name not from Dover fame but from when I lived in Westchester…………I owned DKS Towing out of Armonk and I had a friend whose name was Theresa who worked in a doctors office in Armonk………She was dating a guy named Jay from the Yorktown/ Jefferson Valley area….This guy Jay owned some Tow trucks….Maybe coincidence but it rang a bell………………..Don Kauer… 🙂

paul-ceasrine

Don K.
                            Theresa dated Jay Hannsman, owner of Jefferson Valley Service Center (aka Jay’s BP).
                            Jay raced ‘Goldilocks’, 1968 SS396 Nova, which ran SS/HA.

I went to school with Theresa (Lakeland High School).
                            Her father was a painter (not on Dino’s level).
                            He lettered Jay’s Nova and my fathers 68′ Cuda ‘The Shadow’, as well as a few other Yorktown, Jefferson Valley and Mahopac cars/trucks.

I think these are the correct people.
                            Also, Charlie Rangel is innocent of all charges 🙄

Paul

sixfiend

I’ve been working on putting info together on JK and have done this so far….. some of the leads and info I got from his site….

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1433005281631.42815.1727900827

Attachments:

paul-ceasrine

Pat,

The 1962 Dodge Model #440 3-seat passenger wagon,,,,,,,,
                                    There is another name lettered on the car,,,,,,I’m guessing Rick Johnson’s old lettering.

The ‘Trick Tank’ ran in 1969 (G/SA) and 1970/1971 (H/SA) with the 383/343 HP (dual-quad set-up).
                                    Who ended up with the wagon after Joe went to the 1969 Camaro (convertible) in 1971/1972.

Paul

paul-ceasrine

Joe Kenney,,,,,,,,,1973,,,,,SS/NA 1969 Camaro 350/255 HP (LM-1 Engine)

Joe started off the 1973 campaign by winning Super Stock Eliminator at Cecil County.
                                        At ‘The NHRA National Open Event’,,,,

pc

sixfiend
                                            quote Paul Ceasrine:

Joe Kenney bought the 62′ Dodge wagon from Rick Johnson, out of Hopkins, Minnesota.
                                            Rick set the MPH record with that car in October 1966, with a 110.97 mph.
                                            It held the MPH record through the 1967 season.
                                            pc

Paul, just to clarify…. Joe bought the 2 door car from Rick Johnson and he built the “Trick Tank” wagon at the Crankmasters car club barn in Hopewell Jct. I built my 68 Camaro modified production 6 cylinder Camaro during the same time in the same barn.

Attachments:

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.