"UNDER CONTRUCTION REPORTS" needed !

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 1st.DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS- 2009 "UNDER CONTRUCTION REPORTS" needed !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Whats the progress ??? Carpet Bagger…Lil Ole WhineMaker….Blown Hearse….Gramaten Dodge….Diggers Digger….Pats MG…..We Know about Tomato -head…..Alley-Opp…..Davenports Camaro…… ? others ?

dino
        Keymaster

Pat just sent this….Wow ! Looking better than it ever did…And Not done….Get some paint on those headers !

Attachments:

patina
            Participant

Dino that’s Brother Mike trying out the much altered Kirkey seat. Car is in color, headers are sandblasted and motor is nearly ready. More pictures to come.

Pat

tomatohead
                Participant

Yes I am putting a master cut off switch in for the truck mount battery and the 8 pt. roll bar has also arrived 😀 but I have taken a small detour 😆 but …….yes …. paint is next ❗ ……………………tomato 😀

Attachments:

hearse-bill

hmmm…..the blown hearse….progress……welll……the body has the 62 chevy wagon roof welded in……the rear door has been repaired and fit back to the body……the drivers side quarter is all repaired……the drivers door has been repaired and all wood has been removed….the wood removal has been the most time consuming part of the body repair…..still have the cowl and most of the pass. side of the body to repair….but we did the much worse side first…so it wont take nearly as long….as far as the chassis….I have the front end all rebuilt and painted…assembled….and the engine trans mounts all in…and duplicated from the really scarry origonals…..I have decided to use an 8 and three quarter chrysler rear…and that is all done with all current safet y stuff…..have all parts do build engine just dont want to assemble just yet….soooo…..as you can see…were gettin there….slowly but slowly…..we still race the Austin and the stude…plus dad and I still have our hot rods ….so its not like we dont try….I hope to race both cars and bring the hearse project to island…but I may need someone to volunteer to bring the hearse there cause the race car will be on the trailer….

….Help ! got to get it there ! ……[edit-dino]

dino
                        Keymaster

DOVER CSI :Top PRIORTY Directive …code name–“Hearse Haul” Your assignment: FIND Truck-trailer volunteer to tow Dover Icon to Nostalgia Drags…contact Bill Coleman ……..’remember ..if you or your DDS.com force are caught or captured, the adminsitraror will disavow any knowledge of your existance…this tape will self-distruct in 10 seconds …good luck…….*

…Mission Impossable…remember ?

hearse-bill

Dino…your toooo funny….I am sure some one will come to my rescue……thanks….BC

dino
                                Keymaster

If I hear one guy say HIS car wasn’t ready so….’ He left IT …AND IT’S TRAILER AT HOME ‘…without volunteering to get the chance ,of a lifetime ,to tow the “Hearse “…..YOUNG MAN …you will be grounded and no TV for a month !

dino
                                    Keymaster

….More photos of the “MG” build.

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                        Participant

Man ❗ ❗ I want to tell you guys that the can of “Miller” beer I drank it that other picture last week was ICE COLD 😀 ❗ I am sure you know besides a welder ,I have a real nice “ice box” to keep some stuff cold 😆 ….it use to be my wifes grandmothers and her name was “PUALINE” so we call it the “PUALINE SPECIAL” 😀 😆 ❗ ……I was up in the top of the garage and started moving the new Mickey Thompsom slicks and trick tires and the fiberglas fenders , bumpers and the fancy “new” chrome grille for the “lane” down stairs to start lining up the front end before …. PAINT ❗ ❗ yes looks like another busy week end for tomato …..and YES we are planting the gardens as well 😀 …………..so looks like when I am not planting …I will be removing chrome and sanding 😆 ❗ ……………….tomato ❗

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Just got this from “Pat”….RE: MG
                                                Dino,
                                                here is one I have of the MG as it was last raced. Note class, car was also Candy Apple Red over gold with no lettering. We are going back to Dover Days look.

Attachments:

patina
                                                Participant

I just mailed a check for the same Hilborn stacks as in the above picture, then when I got back to the shop UPS was dropping off the Hilborn front cover. Things are coming together rather nicely.

While I’m at it Best Wishes go out to Bill Casey, Get Well soon Bill you are in our prayers.

Pat

masracingtd1167
                                                    Participant

Pat jusst think? the record for c/a is 7.39 my how things have changed!

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

starting to “test” fit fiberglas fenders, fiberglas hood and fiberglas bumper , along with all the grille brackets hood hingles and bumper brackets and ram air tubes 😀 ………..and I have to go plant some more “vegies” but paint and “custom” Dino lettering is NEXT ❗ ❗ ……………………………tomato 😀

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

I will say that there is going to be a “break” in the race prep and there “WILL be FIREWORKS” saturday at Tomatoes 😀 ❗ ❗ …………………………tomato ❗

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.