Rig For Foul Weather ! IRENES coming

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Rig For Foul Weather ! IRENES coming

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Seems if we were one week later with our event…It might not have happened 😯 The Dover Guys ‘upstairs’ must have put in the fix with the “Big Guy”. They’re comparing it to some 1944 storm that did major damage. You guys up there Batten down the hatches, lower the mainsail and get out your foul weather gear. Whole coast from Jersey up to Cape Cod will be effected. Hey- “Oddjob” Tony Mone lives in the Outer Banks ! …Stow the El Camino Tony! .

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Yeah Tony, You better store that beauty away. We need to see you back next year !
            I was glad I had a chance to talk with you for a while. Can’t wait to see the changes
            you make to your ride for next year…..As always, you are a class act…….Stay in touch !

Frank……..

Attachments:

hvy70ss
            Participant

Hey Tony,
                Great meeting you….your El Camino, Casey’s ’69 Camaro, Iorizzo’s ’68 Camaro and Terenzios “Italian Way” altered are “welded” in my brain as Dover favorites. How ’bout this…at the time I had an Aurora H.O. slot car track. Instead of a road course I had a dragstrip set up in my basement. Favorite cars…yellow ’41 Willys and a Aqua (Teal) ’68 El Camino. The El Camino had big slicks out back too. Yes the El Camino was “just like” the one this 12 year old saw at Dover racing back then. Talk about childhood heros!! Be safe with the storm coming up.

Bobby Smith

rcgarren
                Participant

Hi Dino, there are 2 ( Old Dover Farts) that live on the Outer Banks that we know of, Tony & Me, Lattest update at 5 AM 8/25/2011, Category 3 with winds sustained 120 mph ++++ ( that was my trap speed at Dover ). We are in line for a direct hit. I have Determination inside my haulmark and hope it and my house make it,

dino
                    Keymaster

Roger…you must have moved…We missed you and ‘Determination’ at the race. I just taked to old OddJob (He’s in “Belvadere”), an hour inland and I’m about 2 1/2 hours west of Wilmington, way inland .Tony is busy stowing anything that might blow away. He’s got the El Camino In the barn ,covered up.Masiello is gearing up the Town of Westport Road Dept. equip. ,in case they need to move fallen trees. V-Bob is Inside his footlocker up in the attic. 😯 Bobby Smith works at West Point Military Academy Power plant.He’s going through the Emergency prep bit. It’s raining at M&M in Florida now …Rich said he’s halfway between Ft.Lauderdale & Miami…doesn’t see a threat ,but gave the home generator a pre-flight. Jersey is already soaked…Anybody there ,got a report ? And Oh- Long Island out in the cross hairs ! .So much for the weather ….Watch & wait.

dino
                        Keymaster

Good Grief ! guy on weather channel said they could get 15 feet of water in battery park -NYC…’Fastlanes’ on the coast in Stamford ! AND I saw one tracking model put it going dead center over Lebanon Valley. Boy -did we all dodge the bullit by a week. ‘Smitty” said his nostagia group is considering cancelling their race …well yeah !

dino
                            Keymaster

Heres a Radar shot 4 pm on Friday …little white dot is my location…Real breezy to windy now …looks like some outer rain bands might hit us …no biggee.

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Its REAL Windy here now as the ol girl tears up the outer banks….Saw on Foxnews ,the expected 10-12 iches of Most rain in the Hudson valley area near OLD Dover -Poughkeepsie-Kingston. Pat ! man the bilge pumps…Brian’s house on high Ground as is Mary 4×4…Sunday Am we see if NYC Subways get salt water 😯

dino
                                    Keymaster

They’re reporting a LOT of power outages all up the coast including New Jersey now…I expect many of the ‘group’ may be offline soon, and into Sunday…unless you have a battery laptop. Looks like ‘eye’ is going to go right over Danbury 😯

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Rain here,sleeping on top of the footlocker !!!
                                            Worse winter weather ever,tornadoes last month,earthquake the other day ,hurricane now!!!!
                                            Whats next ??? OH !!!

‘V’

gramdog1
                                            Participant

ISTHIS GOD’S WAY OF TELLING US WE NEED MORE——————DRAG RACING? 😮 😮 😆

babycakes
                                                Participant

Well,so far lots of rain coming down,and wind 10 to 15mph here in upstate N.Y. Thank goodness still have power.I know the worse is yet to come with 40 to 60 mph winds,and very heavy downpours later on.Oh well,I’m like the rest of yous’ hanging in there! Later on tonight I’ll be singing ‘good night Irene,good night’ (and good riddance) !!!

patina
                                                    Participant

Just heard that the Hoositonic in Gaylordsville is at flood stage. Hope all is well Big Al take care. I,m taking on water, pumps on, will be getting spares of every thing. So far still have power 9:50 AM.

Pat

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY
                                                            Good day to make sauce!!!
                                                            OK so far as of 10 a.m.!!!
                                                            Waterbury has lots of power outages!!!
                                                            Keep the faith have another one !!!
                                                            See you guys at BIG AL’s Sept. 4th for the DDS Reunion and at The Valley for the Fall nostalgia meet Sunday October 2nd!!!
                                                            ‘V’

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Marty 4X4 might be called in for River duty…he’s a military security Harbor boat commander -retired…might have to call in the expearianced guys ! Hey- Fastlane- hows the Stamford coast holding up?…If you have power to read this …V-Bob just fell off the footlocker…Who’s bailing out the race car garage? Will Lebanon’s pits flood again…Jim K….do a recon with camera !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.