Rig For Foul Weather ! IRENES coming

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Rig For Foul Weather ! IRENES coming

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    bossguy

Hey VB, you got me curious, what goes into Lithuainian sauce?

vbob
        Participant

HEY

Be careful this is like a load of 90%!!
            http://www.angelfire.com/ut/recipes/honey.html
            ‘V’

dino
            Keymaster

Kauer -Action Rat ? hows the river By Big Als ????

dino
                Keymaster

V-Bob 😯 …”1 quart grain alcohol”… Put that on your Kilbasa and who cares about the storm!

fastlane

😀 WELL WE HERE IN SOUTHERN CT. FAIRFIELD COUNTY ON THE SHORE KICKED THAT BEEEATCH OUTTA HERE IRENE. HAVE SEEN ONLY MINOR DAMAGE MY POWERS BEEN OUT SINCE 9 :15 A.M. THIS MORNING BUT MY 3000 WATT HOME DEPOT GENERATOR WAS READY AND CAME TO THE RESCUE SO THE FRIDGE T.V. AND ALL NESSCEITIES ARE ALL UP AND RUNNING A O.K. A FEW BRANCHES AND SMALL STICKS AND LEAVES TO CLEAN UP TOMMORROW AROUND THE YARD 😎 FASTLANE 😛

dino
                        Keymaster

Checked with Lebanon just now…Pete ‘the bean counter” -only one there ….said they ran drags yesterday and had everyone with a trailer “evacuate” the pits .Only steady rain …no flooding …concerned with the ‘creek’ overflowing, when eveything drains down from the north.

john-sachs-sr
                            Participant

Talked to the Grover family a little while ago. They’re without power. Other than that not much else.
                                60 mph storms for us are a daily event. 😯 Lot of N.Y. and Conn. pictures on our Fox News channel. Elmsford, where my wife grew up, has enough flooding to warrant water rescue for some residents. 🙁
                                Hope all of youse don’t get much damage. 😉
                                John

bossguy

VB you are da man! I’m mixing up a batch in my bathtub right now! 2 things came to mind though, I guess I shoulda cleaned the bathtub first, and where am I gonna shower for 2 weeks while that batch clears! 😆 🙄 😆

patina
                                    Participant

For the most part http://youtu.be/rHJoj9IqeKg but in Prattsville, Gilboa, and Margrettesville got it bad. Bridges out and roads washed out. One of our ODF’s Jack (Aurora 7 Willys) lives around there.

Pat

dino
                                        Keymaster

8pm curfew in Bridgeport … 2 homes collapsed in Fairfied. 😮

Danbury report:
                                            http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Irene-brings-nothing-spectacular-to-Danbury-2144904.php

anonymous

Hey Dino..Just came back from Gaylordsville..Everything is OK around Big Al’s !!!

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

Hey, just got the power back around 7:00 pm. on my side of Thomaston, CT.
                                                    Power went out at 6:30 am…A lot of wind and rain. Trees and power lines down…
                                                    I’m a lot luckier than other parts of the state. In East Haven, 4 houses by the
                                                    shore line were washed off their foundations..GONE !! 2 more houses were so
                                                    badly damaged, that they have to be demolished….Hope everybody survives
                                                    the storm !!

Frank……..

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Marty 4X4 checked in on cell phone…no power for two days in Kingston….picking up all the junk on his property.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Ok …checked a few of the “kids’ in the Dover family….ODDJOB Mone …Ok …had a slight power outage but back on now (Generator kept his air on)…he’s a hundred miles from the coast. Phones out -so can’t contact Roger Garren near Outer Banks.Billy Masiello’s wife says he’s still at work,keeping the Town of Westport trucks running ,doing clean-ups.No power since Sat night at home in Shelton….and don’t know when it will be restored.V-Bob O-AK in Waterbury area in his neighboehood but just blocks away -No power. As power comes back ,we’ll hear the storys, of all the goodies that went bad in the refrigerators.

hvy70ss
                                                            Participant

Checking in from Ft. Montgomery (50 miles north of NYC). Heavy winds/rain. Sun. 2 am til about 12 noon…we got close to 10″of rain here!!
                                                                Kids seen kayaking on baseball fields. Orange County hit hard many roads, bridges GONE!! Upstate ALOT WORSE than here…Cohoes, Scenectady, Albany many homes lost. Just heard Vermont slammed hard too. LVD flooded but say they will open this week. My powers been out since Sunday 6pm…back on Friday they say. I have no complaints….many have lost all in the northeast. Check out CNN or the Weather Channel the videos from upstate are freaking scary!! Hope all is well with everyone.

Smitty

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.