SANDY…Frankenstorm …’the Topic’

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION SANDY…Frankenstorm …’the Topic’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

From our Buddy the weather man Jason Caterina at FoxNews- Albany:
        “Ok everyone, here is the latest news on Sandy and its impact on us here in the northeast. With landfall occurring well to our south, we are less concerned about the rain, which we will get to the tune of 1-2+” in the lower elevations with the possibility of significantly more in the higher elevations, Green mountains, Berks, Cats, ADKS due to upsloping winds and areas to the south of the Capital District as you get closer to the storm’s center. Now, I think the thing that I am most concerned about will be the EXTENDED period of high winds we are going to be dealing with. The NWS has posted a HIGH WIND WARNING for ALL OF NEW YORK, VERMONT, MASSACHUSETTS, CONNECTICUT AND RHODE ISLAND from Monday morning at 6am until 11am Tuesday. That is when the worst of the winds will take place. We will experience 30-50mph sustained winds in the lower elevations with gusts to 60mph. In the higher elevations you can crank those up to probably 40-60mph sustained and gusts over 75mph. The wind will really pick up early Monday morning and continue to worse throughout the day. The highest winds will likely occur Monday evening into the early morning hours of Tuesday. Obviously these winds are more than strong enough to down trees and widespread power outages will be possible and quite frankly, LIKELY. Certainly now (and I was saying this all week so hopefully you listened!) is your time to get prepared. I’ll talk more about that in another post in a few minutes. Regarding the flooding, which is certainly possible. However, I did notice on my way back from Syracuse on Saturday that they have opened the floodgates on the Mohawk River locks dropping the level of the river significantly in preparation for the rain. That should definitely help in controlling some of the flooding possibilities.?

dino
        Keymaster

Amtrak just cancelled all rail service north of NYC and and the Atlantic seaboard..no word when it will be restored…Ton of airlines grounding service also. 😯

dino
            Keymaster

Crazy stuff going on from what I see on CNN-Fox & weather channel…expect to loose contact with some with the power outages.

dino
                Keymaster

From the mind of Dino…. Who Has No Electricity? 😕

babycakes
                    Participant

Dino,I’m good,here in upstate N.Y. The storm was moderate.Not good for my sisters in ‘Jersey’,they got ‘hammered’ with power outages,partial flooding,and tree limbs down.Fortunately they took my brotherly advise,and purchased generators,good to power the complete there complete house.Looking at the news,I feel sorry for N.Y.City,Jersey shore,and east coast states,that took the ‘blunt’! 😮 😐

dino
                        Keymaster

In the Height of the storm Kevin Bleakly and freinds(Paul Monaco & Mark Sullivan )hike to the fire tower on Mt Beacon Ny during Hurricane Sandy 100 mph plus gusts!!!!!

He’s a ‘strange’ man. Also on this page is some other videos he took of the hudson river…Kevin has way too much time on his hands :
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/revinkevn

dino
                            Keymaster

Tommy Iorizzo’s Daughter Jennifer posted this on Facebook from her home in Fleetwood,N.Y. said:”This is the block my car is on. EVERY pole on the block is down but 2! Mother nature at its best!”

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Ok …this isn’t Good! B.J. Masiello’s trailer got hit

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster
                                        dino
                                        Keymaster

Just in from “B.J.”….B.j. Masiello -2 minutes ago “Tree is clear and trailer is safe thanks to Wayne Hofmann for the help”

masracingtd1167
                                            Participant

Thank you Wayne and B.J. ! The dammage along the coast is terrible ! I have never seen it this bad . Some parts of Fairfield are still under water ! It will take week’s to clean this up.

dino
                                                Keymaster

WizeGuy just posted ….”Still no power but genrators kickin in”

VBOB …got power in Watertown? Duh…guess he can’t answer -No unless his computor is hooked to a generator…My Mind 🙄 I’m making a number of calls tomorrow…I’ll give ya the latest.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Found at Dover FaceBook Page:

William Masiello
                                                        I have lived and worked in the Westport Fairfield area my whole life and never in my 62 years have seen so much damage from a storm!

Chris Massarella (Total Insanity Funny-Ran at our Race) New Jersey
                                                        Checking in. No damage, but no power for the forseeable future. Gas is like gold, thank god i’ve seen the Road Warrior 100 times and know how to handle the situation. Already started draining the Novas to feed the generator…

William Horton
                                                        Everything nice and quiet here in West Hartford; a few downed limbs is all. Never lost power. Staying home today; figured the less idiots on the streets the better. Hope all my friends in NY and NJ and the CT shore are all okay.

South Norwalk Shot…its on Water Street 😆

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Tommy D -Pawling Area, stated “Im in a hotel right now and i hope my power comes back on very soon…..”

hvy70ss
                                                            Participant

Power out for 3 days…got it back last night @ 10:30. Neighbors pine tree came down on my house. Luckily no major damage….just gutter and maybe 2 shingles on the edge. No holes in roof. Ran on my track generator for freezer,boiler and……coffee pot!! Time to upgrade to a big generator though, this weather around the northeast is getting nutty. Hope all ODF’S are OK. NYC, LI,AND NJ real bad. 🙁

Smitty

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.