SANDY…Frankenstorm …’the Topic’

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION SANDY…Frankenstorm …’the Topic’

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

John Shimer JUST sent this from his house in Roxbury,Ct…This can’t be good for the folks who are still without power along the coast. Latest forecast is 4-6 inches with wind gusts up to 50 mph. Local schools went home very early.

Attachments:

patina
        Participant

Isn’t that last years picture, I thought the 64 wagon was sold! 😮 😮 😮
            Pat

dino
            Keymaster

Nope …Just took after he hung up with me.

dino
                Keymaster
                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Tommy Iorizzo’s Daughter Jennifer posted this on Facebook from her home in Fleetwood,N.Y. said:”This is the block my car is on. EVERY pole on the block is down but 2! Mother nature at its best!”

She just posted on FaceBook that she went back home today Finally getting power back on after TEN DAYS.

dino
                    Keymaster

Steve Bird just checked in …said “Crashing on the mountain already, FD and PD responding, possibly multiple cars. Dispatch saying “roads glare ice”
                        Steve is located In Windsor ,Mass. Near Pittsfield-Lebanon Valley area .

frank-j-majauskas
                        Participant

Hey just talked with V-Bob. He’s parked on 84 East bound. Traffic dead stop in both
                            directions bumper to bumper. Been sitting there for about 2hrs. He said he fueled up
                            before starting his route, so he all set. I wonder how many will run out of gas sitting
                            there trying to stay warm…Not good !! I hope everyone makes it home tonight !!

Frank…

dino
                            Keymaster

Chris Massarella-Driver /owner -“Total Insanity “Funny ran last two years at our Race -From Jersey just posted:
                                “Power outtage 2012 has finally come to an end at the Massarella estate. Many highs and lows over the past week and a half. Lowest being my renewed addiction to PB&J sandwiches (a demon i thought i had beaten years ago) and the high being my new beard that demands respect! my power bill better be like 6 bucks this month” ( 10 days no power)

dino
                                Keymaster

It ain’t getting much better…Gas rationing in Long Island NYC and Jersey …Odd Even format …NY Mayor says only 25 % of gas stations open and Gov. Cuomo “Mad” at Utility Companys Delays in restoring Power , His Quote:” How do you run out of Poles?” Bruce At Boss-Hoss in Stamford says his Electrical Contractng Co. ‘wide open’ installing generators and setting up temporary Power hook-ups. Then 3 pm today another 3200 people LOST power in Westport.

dino
                                    Keymaster

From: Dutchess Cruisers dutchesscruisers@gmail.com
                                        Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM
                                        FIRST DELIVERY OF SUPPLIES TODAY…………STILL COLLECTING SUPPLIES
                                        WE ARE COLLECTING CLEANING SUPPLIES FOR THE VICTIMS OF STORM SANDY ON STATEN ISLAND, NY. YOU CAN DROP OFF THE ITEMS AT OUR STORAGE LOCKER #1, BEHIND HOPEWELL AUTO PARTS ON FRIDAY (11/9/12) BETWEEN 4 & 7 PM….
                                        WE ARE MAKING OUR FIRST OF MANY TRIPS WITH SUPPLIES THIS MORNING.
                                        WE THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED …………………THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST BY SENDING A EMAIL TO dutchesscruisers@gmail.com AND BE SURE TO WRITE YOUR FULL NAME IN THE NOTES ALONG WITH THE WORDS .

babycakes
                                        Participant

Thank goodness here in upstate New York there are people with “BIG” hearts,and will do anything it takes to help these poor victims in the city to survive! No doubt it’s gonna take a ‘long’ time for these people to get back to a ‘normal’ life,when you watch the news media coverage,most have a ‘positive’ attitude and keep the faith! Gov. Cuomo estimates the damages to be around 33 billion,that ‘Sandy’ caused!

dino
                                            Keymaster

dutchesscruisers@gmail.com
                                                Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM
                                                Subject: STILL ACCEPTING DONATIONS & “THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THE VICTIMS”
                                                To:
                                                I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE DONATED AND CONTINUE TO DONATE.
                                                TOMORROW (TUES.)WE WILL BE DELIVERING 2 MORE TRUCKLOADS OF SUPPLIES TO THE VICTIMS.

WE ARE STILL COLLECTING CLEANING SUPPLIES, BATTERIES, GLOVES, BAGS, SPRAY BOTTLES, BLEACH, SHOVELS, GAS CANS EMPTY OR FULL AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE FOR THE VICTIMS OF STORM SANDY ON STATEN ISLAND, NY. YOU CAN DROP OFF THE ITEMS AT OUR STORAGE LOCKER BEHIND HOPEWELL AUTO PARTS ON TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY(11/13-14/12) BETWEEN 4 & 7 PM.

dino
                                                Keymaster

I don’t think most are aware of the ongoing problems this storm has caused. In Ct. as on Long Island….many STILL don’t have power.Just talked to Bruce Vetti (Former Dover Altered racer & owner of BossHoss of Stamford-Nostalgia Drags Sponsor).He also runs an Electrical Contracting Business. He is swamped with Generator sales and hook-ups BUT he also is overwelmed with Home repairs and Temporary hook-ups were water damage has occured.Said people still have water in basements 4 ft. deep.No power can be restored until the entire home is inspected and any damaged cuircuts-meters-breaker boxes ,etc. ALL replaced.Not enough electrician contractors to handle it all.People ripping up hardwood floors-taking down walls…its a mess.thats just in his Stamford Area. Billy Masiello in Westport said yards are full of furnature and household belongings just waiting to be hauled away.Long Island and Jersey even worse,with Staten Island still without much support.Thats why all the Donation drives are still in operation.If you have anyone in the tri-state area running Donation drives,see what you can do.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.