SANDY…Frankenstorm …’the Topic’

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION SANDY…Frankenstorm …’the Topic’

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

We where very lucky, never lost power or a tree branch. It helped that I cut down a bunch of trees this summer. My friends on LI were not so lucky, a few lost their houses completely in the fire and tidal surge. I pray that they are okay. I have not heard about some other friends that can’t be reached.

Pat

dino
        Keymaster

Smokey just checked in…Says parts of Danbury Still no power…His Daughter Has None…He’s OK …said at his house only off for about 5 mins. Shimer -no power til yesterday ,But on Generator and woodstove. Grover has Power Too. Cell phone service spotty …lot of towers out but being fixed.Don Kauer no power still—out for 4 days…Getting no answer from Coast Conn. guys…Stamford -Bridgeport …left messages.

dino
            Keymaster

Brian Just checked in from his delivery truck….Suberban Propane has him transferred from Kingston area to running deliveries in Northern Westchester…He just called from Katonah…Heading to 30 stops filling household Propane Generators only in Goldens Bridge-Bedford Hills – Mt .Kisco -Katonah-Cross River -Lake Waccabuck & North Salem. Seeing Gas Stations Out of Gas – no power or long lines ..even people with jerry cans standing in line. Many sections still no power -a lot of trees down. 😯

dino
                Keymaster

Chris Kraft ( owns wheelstanding 55 chevy-Carmel ) noted on FaceBook today, Yonkers PD kept order as he had to turn away customers at his ‘OK Corral’ Station… Quote: “Yonkers P.D. rules, had my back when I had to turn the mob away…….without gas.”

heres a shot from yesterday…Police on site…mile long Line,

Attachments:

babycakes
                    Participant

It’s sad to see how those who lost ‘everything’,looking for food and shelter,and the inexcusable response the ‘city’ itself is reacting towards the horrible tragedy,taking so long! I have NO respect for the hotels charging ‘double’ to these poor victims that have no place to go! It’s definately ‘mayhem’,looking at mile long lines for ‘high’ priced gas to refuel there vehicles.Hopefully,those who’s homes are still livable,get there power back on,for the weekend,when you hear the predicted cold nights we’re gonna have.Thankfully,all of upstate,and other states around,jumped right in to help the needy in the city,and Jersey,who were victimized by Sandy,that’s “AMERICA”!!!

dino
                        Keymaster

Kevin Bleakly said Cops guarding the pumps where he lives 😯

dino
                            Keymaster

In From Carmel, N.Y. area:
                                ” cops at the 2 stations off 84 & ludingtonville road, near dutchess county line, another illegle run station put price from 3.89 to 4.45. few still closed ’cause of no gas or power. Yonkers, FORGET ABOUT IT, almost had fights .”

dino
                                Keymaster

Chris Kraft said late yesterday (has Station in Yonkers):
                                    “Gas is on the way……the calm before the storm…..setting phasers to kill!”

….not Stun>?

Just 5 seconds ago …”Cumbys in Amenia NO gas”

babycakes
                                    Participant

Talked to my sister in Jersey Sunday,Odd-even gas fill ups started down there.My bro-in-law Mike,waited 4 hours to fill his 5 gallon gas can for his generator! Still a bunch in town with no power;side streets scattered with debris for cleanup; however schools reopen today.When I look at some of the news film coverage with those that got hit ‘hard’ it reminds me so much like a Mad Max movie! Possibly another nor-easter,Wed.and Thurs.?

anonymous

After losing power for a week after hurricane Irene, I said I’m not putting up with this BS anymore.
                                            I buried a 500 gal propane tank in my backyard behind a retaining wall (the wall was the biggest expense in the project) and installed a 15000 kw GE standby generator (same as Briggs and Stratton) with an automatic transfer switch. When the storm hit, the power went out for 6 seconds until the generator came on. It ran for 4 days and I nver noticed any difference.

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

What’a ya get a night for the guest room? everybody over to Al’s house ….Party Time….Good Ole Yankee Ingenuity…Hey Brian…PROPANE …’clean & efficiant”…. 😉 like the pipe to locate in the snow for fill-up. Heres Al’s T-Bucket from around 1967…He’s STILL looking for it

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Here we go again……Batten down the hatches…

Attachments:

masracingtd1167
                                                    Participant

This is my first time back on computer since last tuesday . We have been working non stop trying to pump water from street’s and yards around Fairfield beach .We set up huge 12inch pumps to send the water back to long island sound and they worked .On wednesday the water on beach road was 2 feet high . 32 homes were condemed so far . All the homes in this area have all there funiture and belongings piled up on there front lawns . It looks like a war zone down there!

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Mas …can you take some photos…?

dino
                                                            Keymaster
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Mas …can you take some photos…?

FOUND THIS by the local Police Dept.:

Posted by Fairfield Police Department – Connecticut on Friday, November 2, 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.