Sighs of the times……signs

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Sighs of the times……signs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    gene-terenzio-sr
    Participant

check out NHRA Phil Burgess blog Scroll down to signs

dino
        Keymaster

Save ya the trip to:…”NHRA INSIDER” left column -home page http://www.nhra.com

WHO GETS CENTER ‘STAR’ Billing ?????? 😀 DOVER ….thats the first sign…I re-did it in about ’69

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Guess What …I tought there were only two…This one (Original) AND the redo I did BUT at Dover-Fest …Brian brought ALL his relics and had a Photo of the REDO I did ! THAT I FORGOT TOTALLY ABOUT…sometime around 73-74 ! To match the Last Logo update I was trying to pull off ,to Pump up the “look ” of the track. The photo IS bad But get this …He thinks he found a guy THAT HAS IT …he’s on the case and will try to get or at least get a better photo. My memory a little bad in 73-76 time frame. The photos surfacing are explaining A LOT !

storm-king

Memory issues not a problem, Dino, after all, Elton John has no recollection of performing a concert in a duck costume!
                    It’s my favorite E.J. concert video.

dino
                    Keymaster

Elton must have consumed same amount of adult beverages and pharmicuticals in those days like many /not all, of us did…Remember the sixties and you weren’t there ! I got smart with a little “upstairs” help in 84…whats his story?. BUT it is AMAZING what is finally surfacing …We have “found” so Much and I can’t wait to dig in to the Video editting.

dino
                        Keymaster

Forgot…ANYBODY have a photo???…it’s got a Christmas Tree on the left with DDS going down vertical, and I only saw the bad black & white…. So don’t know the color.

dino
                            Keymaster

Got this from Bob smith …Its the “Blue one” …interesting …here we are riding with Bob coming up to Dover….He was 12 years old ! about 1969

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

NEED MORE SIGN PHOTOS !…posted in Video search …we Found ANOTHER LAYOUT THAT’S ORANGE…I must have REPAINTED IT THREE TIMES ….memory shot ..saw in Kinash-Schlegel footage…(IN TEASER II ! ) NEED CLEAR Photos !!!AND YOU GET A QUICK GLIMPSE OF IT …In the Video On the Home page.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Brian sent me This copy of the THIRD re-do I mentioned , in the New Milford Times Article …had to be ’74 …cause it’s dated Feb.17,1975. We think we can get a COPY OF THE ARTICLE ! The nice ladies at the New Milford Public Library Are searching thier archives ,as I type this ! (They keep newspaper copies back to the 1800’s ! ) Librarys CAN be the source of stuff !(Can you see Brian driving them nuts at the town of Dover Library ?)

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Library did’nt have ….but our tommy Day (Action Rat) took the challenge to track down, as he lives near there. So he sent this as a Dover CSI ‘Field Report”—-amazing ! :

Dino: Still searching paper..It was the new milford advertiser..original owner died in florida in march..located his son who recalled that issue and told me he was a fan of action rat..I set him on to the ODF site..his father had no archive but he sent me to the papers 2’nd owner..he had nothing and sent me to his partner..also nothing BUT he knew the photographer that took the photo’s and said he saw him in passing just lately so he is alive and still in the area..he also stated that he most likely has negatives of all his work..trying to find him..Oh I also put an add in two local papers..no luck..so bottom line a complete paper is not to be found but a picture might be—–Tommy

WHEW !….nice work Tommy

anonymous

HEY DINO…the search go’s on…all dead ends…don’t know what else to do but still trying 😕
                                                did have one lucky find in the attic at my old barn now owned by my son 😮
                                                a big box full of Dover Win Trophy’s..68..69..70 😎
                                                some need repair…will have them for the Reunion 😀
                                                NO Brian…these are mine 😉

dino
                                                Keymaster

Brian thinks he’s “found” someone that “might” have this sign stashed away someplace near Wingdale. Now THAT would be a Find! We’re going to put a Want Ad in the paper the “locals” get and see what happens,as far as ANY Dover related stuff.

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY
                                                        great idea!!
                                                        Wanted Dead or Alive Dover Drag Strip Stuff!
                                                        Pictures , movies, paper anything related to DDS !!
                                                        OH, put it in Craigslist do it in Ct , NY,NJ etc..
                                                        OH OH, Bargain News onnline !!

‘V’

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Well they’re were 4 signs…Original with Fueler…the “Blue” one …the Orange one and the last one -Color? don’t know….where is it now?

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Wonders never cease…Get this Message on Facebook:
                                                                “Hi, I have a large 4×8 sign I think came from drag strip would like to post on your page to see if anyone is interested in it……I live in dover plains, ny found in my dads tool shed in ceiling…….nice sign……..thanks appreciate it”……Mary DeVito-Thomas
                                                                Found in the CEILING? Brian…Crank up the goat!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.