Sighs of the times……signs

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Sighs of the times……signs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Like the lottery….HEY,YOU NEVER KNOW!!! Struck ‘Dover’ gold once again!!! 😮 😮 😮 😮 😀 😀 😀 😀

dino
        Keymaster

Well …Hoping For the Entrance Sign…But This Is the Real deal that was on the Staging Lane Fence….I Have Her phone # if you’re interested…She was asking 400. on Ebay and got no takers…She’ll ‘negotiate ‘…I told her that was too much.

Attachments:

patina
            Participant

$400.00 on E-bay and no takers, it truly is a sign of the times. Everyone watches “Pickers”, “Barrett-Jackson” etc. thinks this stuff is worth millions.

Pat

ricky-white
                Participant

Reading this post and I just remember that a friend had a Dover sign hanging in his garage some years ago. I think it might have been the one on Route 22. I’ll give him a call and see if he still has it. Didn’t think he will part with it but I’am sure he would sent me picture.

babycakes
                    Participant

Yeah,like Pat sez,I think this sign is a bit ‘overpriced’, being that it’s not one of the original ‘DOVER’ entry,or road signs 😮 again, my ‘personal’ opinion 🙄 .

ricky-white
                        Participant

As promised, here is a picture of the Dover Drag Strip sign that was on the wooden pole on Route 22 northbound by the dinner. Pointing east so people would know to make the left onto Pleasent Ridge Rd. When I called him tonight he told me that the two nails that held the sign to the post were still in the sign and they are holding to the wall. The story is that just after the track closed down someone took a ride all the way up to Wingdale just to get a Dover Sign. This sign is in an undiscloable location were it has been since 1976 with a car that ran at Dover in its original perfect condition.

Attachments:

patina
                            Participant

The “sign is in an undiscloable location were it has been since 1976 with a car that ran at Dover in its original perfect condition”. The sign or the car 🙄 🙄 🙄

Pat

ricky-white
                                Participant
                                    quote patina:

The “sign is in an undiscloable location were it has been since 1976 with a car that ran at Dover in its original perfect condition”. The sign or the car 🙄 🙄 🙄

Pat

Both car & sign. I sent the owner a link to site after posting picture of his sign. Hoping he’ll come on board and post some pictures and stories.

babycakes
                                    Participant

It looks ‘identical’ to the one Richie Head has,even condition wise!

dino
                                        Keymaster

Clusternut…whats all the secrecy about?…think Cakes is right…Richie not that hot on computer…I’ll call him.

dino
                                            Keymaster

yup…it’s Richie’s… just had a great talk with his wife..He’s at work….catching up on “Wingdale” news. He’ll bring it to display at our race.STILL looking for the Entrance signs….Got a few ideas how to put the word out in Wingdale. Think It may be stashed in town, by some old resident, unless it went to the landfill with the tower demolition.Never know.

ricky-white
                                                Participant
                                                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Clusternut…whats all the secrecy about?…think Cakes is right…Richie not that hot on computer…I’ll call him.

The secrecy was a joke. This sign is not the one Richie has. It belongs to someone from Yorkers who raced at Dover. The sign is hanging his his garage. He still has the car that he raced at Dover, sitting in his garage. He may have run it a couple times at Racway Park after Dover closed. Other than that the car remains untouched with one of those Fenimore Autobody style paint jobs.

don-kauer

Brian’s paint was always recognizable anywhere from any distance…My first good paint was from Fenimore…Love to know who that is ❓ ❓ ❓

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Cluster Man…So …There’s Two…interesting..trying to determine original location of each ???..Have your Yonkers guy call me…Like to get some more shots and info on sign & his car… My # on Home page…but here:
                                                            910-997-4444

ricky-white
                                                            Participant

Dino. I put location where he said the sign fell in to his hands in the post with the picture. Don you must likely know him Don I will send you a PM. He’s a very quiet guy and doesn’t say to much. I don’t want to give any info without his permission. I did give him all the info about this site, so if he comes on that would be great. I will call him again and ask for a better picture of sign and ask him to to bring car and sign to Valley for the Dover weekend. Dino I Will also forward your info to him.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.