Speed Parts Center

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past Speed Parts Center

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    c-feola

dino, that ad is from national dragster paper.1977
        …………….Wow Dover Was history Already…{.dino-edit}

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Hey Rich, I remember that day that you had that incident with Ralph’s
            corvette in the burn-out area ! OUCH !! If I remember correctly, Ralph
            pulled out his duct tape and patched his baby up and continued racing.
            What an eye catching corvette that was ! Loved it !! 🙂
            Frank…

mikey

I remember it too. Boy was Ralph pissed. For a few seconds, he was absolutely speechless. After those few seconds though, well, you don’t want to know. Lets just say that it was very colorful!! …………..Mikey 😆

tomatohead
                Participant

…… Boy ❗ ❗ “CASEYS” camaro IS no. 1 ❗ …… I have to see if I can find that issue on ebay ………………. then FRAME that page ❗ ………… Chris 1977 the year , what month and date ❓ ……… hey you still in Hopewell ❓ I am right around the corner fron You ❗

tomatohead
                    Participant

……Hey Chris do you know if “The Red Barn” across the street from the beer distrbutor the one that used to be “The Crank Masters ” place , on “Joes Mothers Road” ❓ ❓ ❓

dino
                        Keymaster

Did it stay open after Ron passed away?.When did it close?

don-kauer

Dennis DiMattia took it over with Tommy Hurd…They were there for alot of years….The building sold 3-4 years ago and Dennis is upstate N.Y. and Tommy is around ….About 4 years ago I ran in to him in Carnegie Hall at an Arlo( “you can get anything you want”)Guthrie concert Thanksgiving weekend… 😆 ….( “the 27 8×10 color glossy photos” ). 😀 ..I heard he is still in the area….. Teaching again maybe ?……….Good solid guys.. I miss them…………Don………. 🙂

ricky-white
                                Participant

I think Tom is teaching in Yonkers Schools. He still lives in lower westchester

ricky-white
                                    Participant

Bobby’s Altered at Raceway Park I think this is after Dover closed

Attachments:

ricky-white
                                        Participant

one more

Attachments:

yonkersbrad

i/c/w speed parts center in elmsford….i worked with GARY PIERCE(at AT&T in white plains)….great guy and racer….and, from speed parts center, who remebers RONNY DOLLINGER..??

dino
                                                Keymaster

Brad…gotta read all the pages of a topic…1st page of this topic had this you probably overlooked it:
                                                    http://doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=239

paul-ceasrine

Gary Pierce – Hatch’s All American ‘1957’ Handyman Special.

Photo on Page 1.

yonkersbrad
                                                            quote BOBBY S.:

I posted this before and
                                                            remember when me & Andy towed this home from the barn/garage it was in.
                                                            Think Gary was his name, owned-HATCH’S ALL AMERICAN station in peekskill.
                                                            Has to cut the trees away from the doors of the building.
                                                            Early 70’s if I remember. Had no motor in it but the trans and headers were there.
                                                            We never got it on the track plans changed, was sold to a local guy
                                                            left out side for about 2 yrs, that POOF gone no one remebers for sure where it went
                                                            stories it stayed in the lake carmel area but no proof.
                                                            Another piece of Dover history gone but not forgotten,,
                                                            Bobby S.

i worked with GARY PEARCE at AT&T in white plains. he worked the night shift as a tech and i worked days. we used to talk about his racing ventures at dover.

yonkersbrad
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Brad…gotta read all the pages of a topic…1st page of this topic had this you probably overlooked it:
                                                                http://doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=239

i’m so sorry i missed the info……..ronny was a good man.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.