Tony Chickery…"Chickery & Hampe"

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Tony Chickery…"Chickery & Hampe"

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    paul-ceasrine

DINO,
        Jeannie’s (Barbara Eden’s) belly-button was only visible on a couple of early shows.
        I think the TV censors ruined everything, and made her cover that cute-thing up 😥
        …….As for their GTX, got them running 12.10’s in 1970.
        Got to make the coffee.
        PC

paul-ceasrine

RICH,
            My Florida Region “Dunkin Donuts” representative.
            I found a photo of the “Mr. Ed” Dart (before Tony got it) at National Trail Raceway (Ohio)
            1969 (SS/B). Send me your mailing address, I’ll send you a copy.
            Also, I think I did err on the 67′ GTX classifications. As the Plymouth was classed up in the later years. Looks like I owe someone (3) Claudia Cardinale’s and a pair of Sophia Loren’s.
            1967 GTX 440/375HP Classification
            Year..Stock Class..Super/Stock Class
            1967 B/S SS/E
            1968 D/S SS/F
            1969 D/S SS/F
            1970 D/S SS/H
            1971 E/S SS/H
            1972 E/S SS/H
            1973 D/S SS/H
            Paolo,,

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Paolo:
                PAULIE’S So. FLA Dunkin Donuts checking in.
                That would explain SS/HA! M&M didn’t start sponcering it t’ll 1970.
                Thats a real man to admit he was WRRR mistakin!
                I’ll just take a “mum”, I get back to you on that.
                Ricardo

paul-ceasrine

Ricardo (You Look Marvelous) Montoban Marchese’,
                    All those class changes in mid-year confused me.
                    In 1969, the GTX 440 was classed in SS/G for a short period. Then Mopar put out the
                    440 6-Pack in 1969 1/2. The 6-Pack cars went into D/S or SS/G, and the 440 B-Bodies
                    went into E/S or SS/H.
                    Paul Castellano

dino
                    Keymaster

Castellano? AND where were my morning snacks at Island ? Over at Fairbanks Heading:
                        “…………….And I expect my Canoli delivery promptly at Island Oct .18 ” …of course that date it rained…where you there with a wet paper bag? nothin worse than a soggy Canoli .

storm-king-2

So did Tony run the GTX part of 1970? Because 1970 was the year we ran the Duster against Mr Ed in Pro/Stock. Or was Hampe running the GTX that year?
                            Bill
                            I thought all that Black Arrow/Storm King stuff was confusing. I’m getting a headache.

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Bill:
                                Welcome home and No! They had split up in late ’69 or early ’70. They sold the car to a guy named Donny (Hasbrook (sp)) who worked with Chick at the printing place (night shift). Chick had to help Donny with the car as part of the deal, but drag racing just wasn’t Don’s thing so he sold the car (about 6 mo.)to Bruce E. Smith (M&M) Chick stayed on to help Bruce, that was still part of the deal. Maybe when Bruce reads this he can fill us in a little better.
                                There was bad blood 👿 between Chick & Hamp for quite awile a real shame! But we got them back together talkin & as some what friends. Just was never the same.
                                Rich
                                PS: Here’s a Black Arrow little known fact/rumo: Bill Jenkins worked at a Chry. Dearlership in Millbrook NY. where he meet Doc and drove the Arrow for awile. As the story goes? Are you MORE confused now ?? 😮 😯

storm-king

I don’t believe so, Doc bought the ‘Arrow from Bud Faubel in PA. How would Jenkins be driving it around in Jersey? Bill just dug up the original bill of sale for the ‘Arrow last week.

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Gray:
                                        Hi. That’s why I said fact/RUMOR! The story was that Jenkins worked at a Chrysler dealership in Millbrook, NY in the ’60’s. That’s where Doc’s office was. So it sounded like it could be true, but I don’t KNOW this as a fact as I never asked Doc whenever he came in the store. 😳
                                        Rich

dino
                                        Keymaster
                                            quote Paul Ceasrine:

DINO,
                                            Jeannie’s (Barbara Eden’s) belly-button was only visible on a couple of early shows.
                                            I think the TV censors ruined everything, and made her cover that cute-thing up 😥
                                            …….As for their GTX, got them running 12.10’s in 1970.
                                            Got to make the coffee.
                                            PC

Here’s Barbara In the Movie Ride The Wild Surf in 1964 (before Blond)can you believe she graduated H.S. in 1949!
                                            Oh well ….Back to race cars

Attachments:

paul-ceasrine

DINO,
                                                Are you saying here that Barbara (Jeannie) was not a true blonde. It looks like she was a CopperHead, before she made it big in the Beach Movies, and then into that little bottle 😯
                                                I think we may have to protest her hair, bring her down to the tech inspection area, and open up the hood to see whats going on in their 😀
                                                Hard not to forget they way she looked in “I Dream of Jeannie”. Not bad for a 33 year old,
                                                in 1967.
                                                Could it be possible that Bill “Grumpy” Jenkins was in Millbrook in the mid 50’s. He did attend Cornell (Ithaca, NY) in 53′. Hopefully he went to that great little diner in the center of town
                                                (if it was their back then). If he went to Dover back then, I bet he was not only the first person on line, but the only one. 😆
                                                FORD question? Did Ford have a special order 289/271HP K-Code engine for the 1966
                                                Ford Fairlane or Mercury Comet/Cyclone. Not a production line car, but a special order?
                                                Help from drake or Mr. Tomato….
                                                Paul ( “I’m Moe Green. I made my bones when you were going out with Cheerleaders”)

dino
                                                Keymaster

Hopefully we’ll get back to Chick ‘n’ Hampe…Jeannie,Jenkins and Fords? I’ll stick the Jenkins Question at His Topic.Got a guy in Canada writing a book about Him …Ford Questions In New Heading “ASK THE FORD ANSWER MEN” AND Jeannie …”Open Up The Hood”? THAT would be eye opening…those Duel 4-Barrels Are deffinatly double pumpers.Well I’ll sneak in one more reply…. “Yes Master”. Wouldn’t It be neat ,if your “lady” answered that way .?

dino
                                                    Keymaster

HAS nothing to do with this Topic But Paul needs to know .Oh and in the movie were stars Fabian and Shelley Fabres

Attachments:

paul-ceasrine

DINO,
                                                            YEP!! That confirms it. Barbara (“Jeannie”) was Copperhead-colored under the hood 😀
                                                            As for the double-pumpers. Yes, they were real, and were “Spectacular”.
                                                            If I do recall, in 69′, didn’t she run BB/Cup 😆
                                                            Back to the 67′ GTX. Found a very nice article about them in “For B Bodies Only”.
                                                            Describes Sox & Martin’s success in SS/E in 67′ (Winning the U.S. Nationals) with the
                                                            4-speed. And also, Dick Landy (actually Mike Landy campaigning) running a sister car,
                                                            Dodge Coronet R/T 440 in B/SA and sometimes SS/EA, and capturing the NHRA record that year.
                                                            Shelley Fabres’. Didn’t she outrun Elvis in an MG in one their classic movies.
                                                            Paul (“Psychotic Reaction” by the Count Five)

paul-ceasrine

Rich,
                                                                After all this time, finally figured it out,
                                                                1967 Centolanza’s first GTX (67′ 440 ran in SS/EA)
                                                                1968 Centolanza’s GTX 440 (Ran in SS/FA)
                                                                1969 car sold to Tony (Chickery & Hempe), (S/S classes re-adjusted) Car ran in SS/IA (9.50 – 9.99 wt/hp)
                                                                1970 car ran in SS/HA (S/S classes re-adjusted)
                                                                PC,,,,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.