VINDICATOR FORDS …the almost complete record

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY VINDICATOR FORDS …the almost complete record

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Now I thought I had a pretty good idea of the Carmel Ford ” Vindicators”, campaigned by Drake Viscome UNTIL Drake “hisself” ,dusted off the scrapbooks …and started sending me Photos of his Cars I NEVER KNEW exsisted ..so here goes ———————————————
        OLD CARS LOCATED IN PHOTOS that might never have been seen for some Time !

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

I have MORE …hold on …….Some found in Big ODF(T.O’Shea) Photo gallery…Falcon courtesy -Video Bob

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

BUT …the one “that got away”…no photos YET….Drake’s First -Gasser…a COMET, Red &White… first one I lettered for him and how we met. Dover CSI-?

bobby-s

Dino
                    this the one,,
                    from a Reporter Dispatch (local paper) article
                    Feb. 9th, 1967

bobby s.

Attachments:

storm-king

Dino, you won’t believe this but I have a picture of that Comet! Of the very few photos that survived the move from Ok. To Ky., that one is still around. I’ve got a shot of it in the staging lanes.
                        I know Drake bought at least a couple of Al Joniec’s cars over the years, and it looks like the Sam Auxier Mustang in one picture, and I’d bet the former Stone, Woods, And Cook Mustang in another. In fact, I think that’s the S,W,&C Pinto, also. I always like the Bat-Car with the electro-statically applied fuzz paint job. Not great for low drag, but cool for sure!
                        I’m blown away buy all the other cars though! I had no idea either. Drake has been a blessed man to have had all that fun; and yes, he really did keep his kit in top shape.

Love the chopped, probably 2.0 Pinto gasser! Long live comp eliminator! Down with NHRA!

dino
                        Keymaster

Thats It Booby ! And the flathead rail that Pat Cramer (ODF Member) got. …..AND Ford fans …THERE’S MORE ! Drake just jammed my e-mail with so many …give me some time to post….I had NO idea! whew!

Attachments:

bobby-s

Then I bought the FED from Drake & his dad.
                                there are 2 pictures in Terry’s galleries of it.
                                one with my brother being flat towed after a run and
                                another with me putting day light under the front wheels
                                1969-1971 seasons.

dino
                                Keymaster

Thought I was done here BUT NOOOOO…Drakes sending More After these ,later this week 😯
                                    For sale ad from a Dover Program…what would THAT be worth now?….
                                    NOTICE ENGINE WITH “HOLES” IN THE CENTER…TRICK LIMITD PROD> Can_AM MOTOR (not A HEMI)

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

More from Drake…This is an interesting shot…Can just see the nose of Skip North’s Full body “Norseman Chopper” Dragster running with Drake …( Skip …need a ‘whole ” shot of this car-don’t have !) looks like 74-75 right ?

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Drake at Cecil County…Who’s in the All American Drake ?

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Drake at Beaver Srings against the Kustom Kuda.

Attachments:

dennis-doubleday

The “All-American” is Butch Kernodle’s car,although Charles Lee may be driving it here.The “Keystone Kuda” is Joe Amato out of PA.Cool shots,thanks Dino. Dennis Doubleday

dino
                                                    Keymaster

LAST BATCH …he did send me some Current things of his Son’s so I’ll put those in Current Projects forum heading . WHEN I GET A COLLECTION LIKE THIS…I WILL post for the viewing pleasure of All visiting as part of our Intention to present and preserve our heritage of never before published, personal photos from the Dover Days …next up will be additions to the “Terenzio Files” In photos heading as we have recieved more. IF We continue to get large “Team” or Driver collections like these…we’ll go to seperate page gallery’s …..hope that happens-(About TO DO the LAGANA Collection!)

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Opps …Drake found some more ! (could That be a little Dig at the Grapestomper -LaRegina?…in the cartoon ) 😆

Attachments:

vindicator
                                                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 NAW’ NOT EVEN CLOSE ON ANY “DIG”…@ THE LIL’ OL WHINEMAKER/BOBBY LA REGINA… BOBBY HELPED US SO MANY TIMES…FOR SO MANY YEARS…”U” CAN’T BITE THE HAND….THAT FEEDS YA’…BUNKIE!!!…U-DINO…OUGHTA’ KNOW… U DREW THE “CARTOON” ON THAT COMET…IT WUZ’ “OFF” OF DOUG NASH’S B/FX COMET!!!…BUT THEN AGAIN… YOU WERE LIKE 16-17… AS I WAS…AND MOST EVERYDAY…AT SOME POINT… I REALIZE…THAT WUZ’ A LONG TIME AGO!!!…AT LEAST IN CALENDAR…YEARS…. 😆 😆 😆 DRAKE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.