VINDICATOR FORDS …the almost complete record

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY VINDICATOR FORDS …the almost complete record

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    paul-ceasrine

DRAKE,
        I got up early again. Some guy in a black 66′ 427 Galaxie (with open headers) was doing burn-out on my road 🙄
        He was looking for Lake Glenieda. Said something about trying to cross the lake without
        getting his tires wet. 😆
        Swears he could make it across from the West Road Amoco to Dain & Dills lumber yard 😯
        1968 (January edition) Rodder & Super/Stock magazine. Falcon F/C front cover.
        IS THAT ONE OF THEM? Also, Funny Car meet at Capitol Raceway, Maryland.
        Probably from October 67′.
        Thankfully you referred to me as “Paulie Walnuts” 😀
        I’m glad you didn’t call me “FREDO”. Then ask me to go fishing. CLICK!! BOOM!! SPLASH!!
        Cleveland Rocks 🙂
        Were talking baseball. 1954 Indians. #1 Dissapointment in all of baseball. Didn’t win one game forom the Giants. Hero, no doubt DUSTY RHODES.
        Willie Mays catch. Still believe he pulled a CADILLAC on the last 2-steps. I played centerfield for Lakeland High 74′ and 75′, and made a couple of catches better than that. Of course they weren’t Vic Wertz missles. 😯
        Paul “Don’t Call Me Hyman Roth”

vindicator
        Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY “PAULIE”…ALWAYS THINK/THOUGHT “WALNUTS” WUZ’ COOLEST GUY ON SOPRANOS’…U…HADDA’ LUV THE HAIR/HEAD 😆 😆 😆 ONLY PART OF CLEVELAND THAT “ROCKS”…AS I SEE IT..IS THE HALL OF FAME (ROCK N’ ROLL)…BEEN TO MANY, MANY BALL GAMES (OUT THERE & AROUND THE COUNTRY… FOLLOWIN’ CLEVELAND TEAMS OVER THE YEARS)…BASEBALL,FOOTBALL, BASKETBALL…NOT “REALLY” 😆 😆 😆 HAPPY ENDINGS’ (A LOTTA’ FAN “HEARTBREAK”…u…get the idea))…LEBRON @ THE PRESENT IS A “WONDER”…THOUGH…THAT 427 BLACK CAR…WORKED A LIL’ BETTER AS A FAIRLANE…A LIL’ SMALLER/LIGHTER 😀 😀 😀 …BEEN “READIN’ YOUR CHRYSLER “NEWS” ON CLASS RACER…REAL INTERESTING STUFF…REALLY ALWAYS LIKED THE WALTER P. CHRYSLER…CARS/ENGINES…BUT YA’ KNOW THE FOUR LETTER WORD/CAR…THAT BEGINS WITH…F… 😆 😆 😆 REALLY IS WHERE WE HAD/HAVE OUR LOYALTIES…DID TELL YA’…NEVER CLAIMED TO BE THE “SMARTEST” GUY…DRAKE…PS…STEVIE VAN ZANT’S…”BUSTER POINDEXTER”…HAIR/LOOK AS OWNER OF THE BADA’ BING…WUZ’ KINDA’ “REAL” TOO 😆 😆 😆 P.S.S….”INQUIRING MINDS’…WANNA’ “KNOW”….WERE THOSE CATCHES…U… MADE @ LAKELAND…IN PRACTICE???!!!*** 😆 😆 :lol:…JUST “SQUEEZIN’ THE TOMATOES!!! 😆 😆 😆

paul-ceasrine

Drake,
                Don’t forget about BIG PUSSY. Didn’t he get WHACKED?
                Cleveland, I spent the coldest winter there, in the summer of 1977.
                Actually it was Cincinnati, right off the Ohio River. My old girlfriend lived in
                Loveland, Ohio.
                One thing about Ohio, a ton of drag strips to choose from.
                Best right arm in all of baseball, Rocky Colavito (Right field; What a Cannon!!)
                Best left-handed pitcher. Herb Score, until Gil McDougal’s line drive caught him in the
                head/eye. Could have been called a Pre-Koufax…..
                Let’s see, 1975 Senior in Lakeland. That makes me…………Junior Old 😆 😆
                Why am I laughing. I should be crying 😥 😥
                You never saw right-center field at Lakeland. If you did, you would understand about my catches. At 290 feet from home-plate, right-center had a sloped-hill that went down about 100 feet, at a 60-degree angle.
                Now there I could have used one of your F/C parachutes…
                ACINI PEPE’.,,,,,,,,Paulie 😛

anonymous

I found these pictures of Drake Viscome’s Vindicator Mustang funny car and Altered on the very cool website’ The Acceleration Archive’
                    The Mustang was purchased by a Norwegian drag racer named Steinar Stolen who ran it at Santa Pod Raceway and in Norway in Pro Comp and later as a BB/FC. The funny car was sold to Norwegian drag racer Tom Andersen Where abouts of the car at present are unknown.
                    Thanks to Allan Currans of The Acceleration Archive http://theaccelerationarchive.co.uk/site_map.html also JW last’s 70’s Funny cars http://www.70sfunnycars.com/index.html for their help.

dino
                    Keymaster

WOW….Far out “Farout! Hey Drake …Another two “found”

dino
                        Keymaster

Thanks…never saw that one either.

vindicator
                            Participant

HEY GUYS…THAT CAR WUZ’ ORIGINALLY SAM AUXIER’S (REAL GOOD) ULTRA/STOCK CAR…WE PUT A WAYNE GAPP/ BOSS 429 MOTOR IN IT…PLAN ( 😉 😉 ;)) WAS TO RUN NEW NAAR HEADS UP PRO/STOCK STYLE CIRCUIT..RAN TWO OF THEIR “RACES”…JACKSON,SOUTH CAROLINA (LAST)…THE FINISH LINE WIN LIGHTS WENT OUT…THEY HAD A “SPOTTER”…CALLIN’ THE WIN/LOSS DEAL…WHAT A “REVOLTIN’ DEVELOPEMENT” 😆 😆 😆 THE MILITARY BOYZ…WERE BETTIN’ PRETTY HEAVY…AND DRINKIN’ ALL DAY…IN THE HEAT TOO…THEY WEREN’T TOO HAPPY WITH SOME OF THE “RESULTS”…A MAJOR-LEAGUE RIOT…BROKE OUT 😆 😆 😆 …MY DAD WENT UP TO THE TOWER…TO GET THE MONEY DUE (FIGURIN’…WE WUZ’ GETTIN’ OUT..AS FAST AS WE COULD)…A GUY (IN THE TOWER) SHOVED A GUN/”SIX-SHOOTER IN HIS FACE/”BEAK” ❗ ❗ ❗ …SAID SOMETHIN’ LIKE…”BOY…U…AIN’T GETTIN’ NO MONEY…NOW …GET OUTTA’ HERE”…AND THAT’S JUST…WHAT WE DID (ONLY SAW AMBULANCES & POLICE CARS ALL THE WAY OUT THE GATE/ROAD’) 😆 😆 😆 …GOT “HOME”…KNEW WE WANTED TO RACE ON SOME LEVEL THAT HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE IN SOME $$$…SOLD IT (THE CAR) PRONTO ( A GUY WHO HAD WANTED IT FROM SAM BEFORE WE BOUGHT IT)… MADE A “DEAL WITH WAYNE GAPP FOR THE LOGGHE STAMPING/ FLIP-TOP MUSTANG MACH1…AND AWAY…WE WENT 😎 😎 😎 …MY DAD…A WORLD WAR II VET…NEVER GOT “OVER” THE JACKSON, S.C. FIASCO…LITTLE DID HE KNOW…OF WHAT WAS TO “COME” IN THE NEXT 10-12 YEARS…GOIN’ UP & DOWN THE ROAD 😉 😉 😉 DRAKE

bobby-s

Drake
                                    looks like another lettering job
                                    from Al Sanuta, he usto do all
                                    of Ortiz’s tow trucks that left the shop,
                                    he usto have the trick of 2 or 3 colors on the brush
                                    when he started his outline anf borders different.

I still talk to Barry & Grandson Phill
                                    at the shop in Hopewell Jctn
                                    they do work for some of my trucks on campus.

Bobby S.

vindicator
                                    Participant

HEY…FOR SURE…THAT WUZ’ THE ONE & ONLY AL SANUTA (DON’T REMEMBER…COULDN’T “FIND” DINO…MEEBE HE WUZ’ IN HIS PURPLE HAZE ‘ERA??? 😆 😆 😆 BUT WE HADDA’ GET DONE…LIKE…NOW…U…GET THE IDEA)… MORE THAN A LIL’ OVERKILL WITH THE SCROLL STUFF AROUND EVERYTHING… 😆 😆 😆 AL HAD ACTUALLY PAINTED AND LETTERED OUR ORTIZ TOW TRUCK (S) @ HIS ORIGINAL SHOP IN KEARNY,NEW JERSEY …BEFORE HE RE-LOCATED TO NEW YORK…AND ULTIMATELY…MASS.-NEW HAMPSHIRE…QUITE A GUY (A CHARACTER…BUT AIN’T ALL “AR-TISTS” A LIL’ WEIRD…HEY I GOT IT…DINO…THE WEIRDO 😆 😆 😆 )…NOT REALLY A “AWESOME” DRAG CAR LETTER-ER…BUT A TRUE TALENT 😀 😀 😀 HE OFTEN DID TRUCK/COMMERCIAL WORK FOR US (A VERY RELIABLE “CAT”) …FOR YEARS…KNOW THE ORTIZ FAMILY…QUITE WELL…ACTUALLY WENT TO GRAMMER SCHOOL WITH BARRY…MY DAD KNEW/DID BUSINESS WITH PHIL FOR YEARS…WE LIVED JUST UP THE HILL FROM ORTIZ (SHOP) ON COMMERCE STREET IN THORNWOOD FOR YEARS…WHICH WAS ALSO DOWN THE ROAD JUST A LIL’ WAYS FROM DAD’S GAS STATION @ THE 4-CORNERS RIGHT AFTER WWII… 😆 😆 😆 I DID A LOT OF “BUSINESS” WITH THE CURRENT ORTIZ (MARK) IN THORNWOOD…WHO FABRICATED A BUNCH OF STUFF FOR THE PARKWAY POLICE CARS/VEHICLES (WESTCHESTER COUNTY)… WE WON THE ANNUAL “BID” A BUNCH OF YEARS FOR PLEASANTVILLE FORD…I HAVEN’T TALKED TO BARRY IN YEARS..THEY “MOVED” TO HOPEWELL JCT. AS I RECALL…AND I BELEIVE…MARK HAD TOLD ME FATHER-PHIL PASSED AWAY YEARS AGO… 😥 😥 😥 ‘DEMS WUZ DA’ DAZE…MY FRIEND…WE THOUGHT THEY’D NEVER END 😀 😀 :D…IF…LIFE’S ALL ABOUT THE MEMORIES…WHOA’ WILBUR…I…GOT ‘EM 😀 😀 😀 SO MANY…GOOD ONES/GOOD PEOPLE… 😎 😎 😎 DRAKE… JUST HADDA’ ADD A LIL’ SUMPTIN’ 😆 😆 😆 …AL WAS A REAL GOOD FAMILY MAN…BUT HE ALSO WAS QUITE A MUSICIAN…PLAYING WITH A BAND IN THE NORTHERN NJ AREA FOR MANY YEARS…MY RE-CALL WUZ’/IS SOME SORT OF POLKA BAND 😀 😀 😀 HIS HERITAGE WAS POLISH/YUGOSLAVIAN..AND PHIL ORTIZ…SUGGESTED HE SHORTEN IS PROFESSIONAL “NAME”TO SANUTA…SO PEOPLE COULD REMEMBER HIM…HE TOOK PHIL’S “ADVICE” 😀 😀 😀 …RAY “RONSKI”…ALSO ONE COOL/ VERY GOOD GUY 😀 😀 😀 THE “UN-CROWNED”GOLD LEAF “KING” OF WESTCHESTER COUNTY… (LONGTIME THORNWOOD/HAWTHORNE “HOMEY”)AND BEYOND…”REAL” FAMILY NAME AIN’T RONSKI (FOR “SAME” REASON)…BUT HEY…THAT’S ANOTHER “STORY”…FOR ANOTHER TIME 😆 😆 😆

don-kauer

Outstanding, Drakester………….You are 100% THE MAN…………No one has a resume’ like yours….Luv ya Bud………Don…

bossguy

I didn’t know the guy who lettered the 69 Drake, but as soon as you tied him into Ortiz wreckers I could see the connection in the “frills”. Phil welded in a patch floorpan on my sons Ranchero about 7 years ago. He did a great job and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to anyone. He also gave us a tour of his shop lotsa neat “stuff” there!

vindicator
                                                Participant

HEY DON…THAT “RESUME”…U…SPEAK OF…SOMEBODY (I THINK IT WUZ’ JACK REDD/DRAGTIMES) TOLD ME ONCE…THAT ONLY ME AND CHARLES MANSON (CAN YA’ BELIEVE IT ???!!!***) HAVE AS MUCH “X-POSURE” IN THEIR LIFE “STORY”…’CEPT OL’ CHARLIE’S BEEN ON THE “INSIDE” FOR A LONG TIME NOW…I BEEN ON THE “OUTSIDE”…LOOKING IN 😆 😆 :lol:…MISS YA’ DON…LIFE’S LIL’ LONELY…700 MILES FROM “HOME”…U…GET THE IDEA 😀 😀 😀 HOPE ALL IS WELL FOR U & FAMILY…DRAKE

john-sachs-sr
                                                    Participant

Al S. did leaf on 2 of our cars.Second time around on the Anglia in silver leaf.Ronnie found him,and If Al worked any cheaper, 😉 it would have been for free.Good scroll work on the Ortiz trucks.
                                                        Another great,and friend,was commercial artist Richie Adolphson.No leaf work,but lettering and pictures spot on. 😀
                                                        John

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

….I luv that car ❗ ……………………………….. tomato ❗

don-kauer

Every car Drake had was hot..We all loved his fleet………..Even the tow vehicles were cool………………Don……..

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.