1955 CHEVY STOLEN IN 1995 STILL MIA

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR 1955 CHEVY STOLEN IN 1995 STILL MIA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

Hey
        My good friend and ODF Frank Majauskas had his 1955 Chevy stolen back in 1995 and has never been seen again!
        I thought this site might bring his long lost baby home!
        It was stolen on December 5th 1995 from his locked garage under his house in Thomaston, Connecticut !!
        He came home from work late in the afternoon and the home was ransacked and the car gone!!
        The car has been on the cover of The Bargain News paper!Last color was the blue and white paint !!
        The car is a 55 2dr hardtop,motor is a 427 Chevy with aluminum heads,Dough Nash 5 speed with line lock and a 12 bolt rear with ladder bars!!
        The body is blue and white with raised rear fender wells!
        It has a Nomad rear bumper!
        Interior is black with a power bench seat that is notched for the shifter!!
        This is an old Dover Drag Strip car!
        Frank raced it many Sundays in Wingdale!!
        It was never lettered or given a name!!
        The car ran in modified production class!!
        Any information on this car will be held in strict confidence!
        There will be a reward for information leading to the recovery of this car!
        In the flyer that was handed out in 1995 $1,000 and that price will be adjusted to 2009 values!
        Contact numbers are Frank 860-283-6012, his brother Jim 860-274-0814 my number 203-980-1040 Franks email FAT55 @ SNET.NET, mine BOBSRED57 @ SBC GLOBAL.NET!1
        Here are the pics !
        Thanks,
        ‘V’ Bob

Attachments:

vbob
        Participant

Hey
            more pics!
            ‘V’

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

It’s last color Blue & White Right ? those reworked rear wheel wells are a dead giveaway, IF they weren’t restored back.

vbob
                Participant

Hey

Yes ,when stolen it was blue and white!!!
                    Here’s a pic of ours cars together for the last time in the summer of 1995!!
                    Just think, a couple grand cash $$ will buy you a lot of beer and Slim Jims !!!!
                    Also,this was Franks ‘FIRST’ car ,we all remember that first one and wish we could have it today!!

‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
                    Participant

Hey
                        Anyone remember seeing this car around,it’s had to be in someones garage in the area!!!!

‘V’

jackman
                        Participant

Posting a vin # might help,,,,,,,, They did have vins back then right? BTW check this link a nice vidio of of mr postner getting his Vette back in 2006 the kicker was that it was stolen in 1968………http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/01/17/national/main1216695.shtml

Good Luck

vbob
                            Participant

Hey

2nd hand mail !
                                I was told the car was seen two weeks after it was stolen being driven on route 202 in New Milford,Ct.!!The person saw the car and the FUN 55 marker plate but did not know it was a stolen car until months latter! The person thought it was very odd to see such a fine car out in the winter weather!!
                                Keep lookin guys!!

‘V’

vbob
                                Participant

HEY Franks 55 is still M.I.A. !!
                                    It had to bee seen ,just think of all the beer and Slim Jims you can buy with the reward $$$!

‘V’

maso
                                    Participant

I would like to interject something here if I may just for discussion. I think it’s on topic enough.

Those “Lo-Jack” devices.

They relay GPS data via satellite to the detectives in the event that your car gets stolen. Anybody here have any experience with those…???

http://www.lojack.com/Pages/home.aspx?crcat=ppc&crsource=google&crkw=lojack&gclid=CKyr863r7ZgCFQIMswodx2Mp1w

I read a real heartbreaker once about a guy in California with a Model-A Coupe pick-up truck, restored and running that ( get this… ) had been in his family since 1931. He parked it, turned his back and… guess what…??? Can you say “Chop Shop:…???

But… let’s talk about Lo-Jack technology for a while, please.

There is also a device that you can buy yourself that you can use to track your car yourself from your own computer at home called a Zoombak: go see: http://www.zoombak.com/ … and that is on sale this week at Pep Boys for about $100.00. You could also track your teenage kids with it…!

vbob
                                        Participant

Hey

Thanks Maso, that looks like the best $100 you can spend.
                                            I’m sure Franks 55 was not the only car that was stolen locally by the same scum If they do it onetime and get away with it they’ll be back again!!!Just like the fox in the chicken coop!
                                            Cars ,motorcycles ,trailers are easy pray.
                                            Just look at some of the complete race car opperations that get stolen !!!
                                            The trouble is you go through life thinking, ahhh nobody will take that!!!
                                            It’s safe!!!
                                            ‘V’

maso
                                            Participant
                                                quote video Bob:

Hey

Thanks Maso, that looks like the best $100 you can spend.
                                                I’m sure Frank’s ’55 was not the only car that was stolen locally by the same scum If they do it onetime and get away with it they’ll be back again!!! Just like the fox in the chicken coop!
                                                Cars, motorcycles ,trailers are easy pray.
                                                Just look at some of the complete race car opperations that get stolen !!!
                                                The trouble is you go through life thinking, ahhh nobody will take that!!!
                                                It’s safe!!!
                                                ‘V’

In the first place.. The Zoombak device does not buy you police protection and you will be on your own with it.

The fact of life is; Most valuable cars are worth more in parts than complete and that plays nicely into the hands of what we call “Chop Shops”… and that is hedious. It also means that you would have to act fast in the event of a car theft. What happens to a Lo-Jack or a ZoomBak if a stolen car is quickly dis-assembled…? “Nuther words… there has to be a very quick responce from police authorities.

Never the less… I suppose that the Zoombak software probably gives you a tracing of the movement of your vehicle right up to the time and place where it may have been dismantled and that at least would point you to something. But too little and too late I’m sure.

I wish we had some kind of nation wide privately operated Hot Rod Registry just for specially built cars, and in that we could set up a dedicated GPS tracking network against theft and pay for it by dues. And when a theft occurs… a nationwide network of on the spot like minded enthusiasts to push it through for justice sake. An action comitte. Antique car owners could do the same thing.

anthonyc

I dont think these cars (classics) get chopped, I think they get sent overseas to south America and Eastern Europe.
                                                    I know of a couple of guys that their cars were robbed and they never turned up again. Not even a part. The registration
                                                    policies in many of these countries are nothing like here they probably dont even exist if you have enough money.Just get plates and go. I remember many years ago on the news a whole mess of cars (newer cars)were found in The Dominican Republic,still riding around with NY and NJ plates on them. It may turn up someday, some lowlife might get caught for something else and it could be in their possesion. I hope it does.

maso
                                                    Participant

Has anybody here ever had any experience with the Lo-Jack device…???

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY

I have never known of anyone using one let alone getting a car back with one installed.
                                                            I’m sure the pro scumbags have a scanner of some sorts that lets them know if one is on the car !!
                                                            The dirtbags are always one step ahead !!

‘V’

anthonyc

I know a guy that used one in his Grand National.It got stolen in The Bronx in Throgs Neck and the cops tracked it to Bruckner Boulevard.He said(the owner) It seems what the theives do is they swipe and park it far away from where they took it then wait to see if the tracking system works (if the cops come and get it) if its there after so many hours (maybe 12-24) they go back and have their way with it whatever it may be.He got it back 2 hours later with a broken steering column but at least he got it back. Another good item is a steering column lock,if they cant bust the column usually they wont steal the car.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.