1955 CHEVY STOLEN IN 1995 STILL MIA

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR 1955 CHEVY STOLEN IN 1995 STILL MIA

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant
        quote anthonyc:

I know a guy that used one in his Grand National.It got stolen in The Bronx in Throgs Neck and the cops tracked it to Bruckner Boulevard.He said(the owner) It seems what the theives do is they swipe and park it far away from where they took it then wait to see if the tracking system works (if the cops come and get it) if its there after so many hours (maybe 12-24) they go back and have their way with it whatever it may be.He got it back 2 hours later with a broken steering column but at least he got it back. Another good item is a steering column lock,if they cant bust the column usually they wont steal the car.

That is somewhat hopefull.

I would have both the Lo-Jack and the Zoombak, because at least with the Zoombak I could do the tracking myself right from my home computer if the detectives delay too long, and my computer would have a time-line record of it too.

I must say, it’s good that the Bronx cops actually did respond to it in a timley way. Actually, if they wanted to, they could have set up a sting ambush about it, then thay’d have a suspect. I suppose the detectives could set up a decoy vehicle and follow that to the “chop shop” and thus stop a whole rash of simmilar robberies. That’s the way I’d like to see my tax dollars spent, how ’bout you…?

What do you think of that…?

Any more comments…?

anthonyc

I think for new cars they are getting harder to steal .If they really want it they will tow it.I think the cops do set up sting operations like that .It seems they set the car up with a fuel pump cut off and the car goes for a while and dies then they grab them.This sounds good but you probably only get joy riders that way, not a sophisticated car theft ring.I think it comes down to the owner protecting their property especially with an old car because joy riders arent going to take them its going to be somebody that can sell it because someone else some where else wants it. DO what ever it takes to stop them when you feel vulnerable ie: disconnct the battery, use a cutoff switch somewhere,hell, chain it to a tree or parking curb from the chassis,make it hard to get, and obvious that something is going on.

vbob
            Participant

HEY

Just to bring this MIA 55′ up front again.
                Now that spring is here , the garage and barn doors are flying open,keep this stolen car in the back of your head .She is hard not to take notice of!
                Car shows ,parts swaps are in the air ,you never know where she will show up !
                There is good $$ for someone finding her ta boot!!!

Frank and I thank you !

‘V’ Bob

vbob
                Participant

HEY

Hi boys n girls ,it’s the first day of summer , the racing car show season is at full throttle!!! In your travels keep an eye out for Frank’s stolen 55′ Chevy , she still hasn’t come home !
                    As you know by the pics I posted ,she was raced at Dover Drag Strip in different colors through the years !!Like any girl her looks have changed but when you see her she still has “that look” !! There’s that ‘something’ about your ‘first love ‘that you will never forget !!
                    She was and still is Franks first’ !!
                    Through the DDS web sites forum you have found its Chevy cousin Billy Caseys ‘Super Pumpkin’,though ‘Super Pumpkin’ was never stolen, she was found by this forum and is living a happy life in a distant land far far away!!
                    So when you see a 55 Chevy 2dr hard top just give it a good look over and under for any clues of it being her,she will always be a part of Dover Drag Strips past, Frank and his friends thank you for the effort !!

Thanks,and have a safe and enjoyable summer 2009,
                    ‘V’ Bob

vbob
                    Participant

HEY

Well summers on its last leg,Labor Day is this weekend and the fairs are in full swing!
                        Still lots of racing and car shows to do,it’s my favorite time of the year, the car just seems tyo have a little more spunk with the cooler tepms and less water in the air!
                        Though it was a good time to bring Franks stolen 55 back up front so all the newer members can see what we have been looking for!
                        Once again Frank and I thank you !!
                        You never know!!

‘V’

dino
                        Keymaster

Bob …Check out Keith Ingersols website “Lost car registry”…It’s at the Posts about Him …That’s what He does …Finds Cars ….found link …here—-> http://www.the-lost-car-registry.com

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

Thought I’d bring Franks stolen 55 Chevy back up front before winter sets in !
                                My good friend Frank made the trip to take in the 1st Annual Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Race with another long time buddie of ours that also raced cars at Dover, Carl ‘Bootie”Booth!!Good to see them at Island!
                                Nothin would finner than finding this ole gale and gettin her back home!!
                                Keep your eyes and ears open, ya never know!!

‘V’

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

Time to bring Franks stolen 55′ back up into the staging lanes again !!
                                    I know you guys that have been on the DDS site for awhile have seen this post before but I bring it back up front every now n’ then for all the new faces out there !!She’s out there somewhere and wants to come home!!
                                    Thanks for puttin up with me but the 55′ and my 57′ were like Forest Gump said “LIKE TWO PEAS IN A POD !!OH,HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
                                    ‘V’

don-kauer

Holy crap, I just went into this site and saw this blue and white 55 Chev…I have probably seen this car half a dozen times driving around the area…I always admire it when I see it because it is beautiful….I live in the New Milford Ct. area and I suggest you contact the New Milford Police Dept. I’m not the only one who has seen this car…..This has been in the area for quite awhile……If it is not the same one I’m seeing it is a dead ringer…………………..Don……..

dino
                                        Keymaster

Don …REWORKED WheelWells ? You And Tommy Day could be our Area Operatives !

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY

Don, Dino and others!
                                                The car WAS last seen the winter it was stolen( It was stolen on December 5th 1995) being driven by someone in New Milford ,Ct.
                                                This was comfirmed by a police officer that saw the car, FUN 55 marker and thought it odd such a nice car being driven that time of the year.Here’s the kicker , the police officer did’nt know it was a stolen car, a month later he saw one of the flyers that was posted in a local business,then he called the Thomaston,Ct. police to tell them what he saw !
                                                Ya never know,keep on the look out ,might just have been her!!Thank you!!

‘V’

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY

It’s springtime and the garage doors are staying open all day now with the warmer weather!!
                                                    Franks 55 is still M.I.A.and with all the car nuts looking at this post someone has seen her on the street, on a trailer, or in someones shop!
                                                    Good $$$$ is still there for her return !!!
                                                    Shes an old Dover girl and has lost her way !!
                                                    Thanks!!
                                                    ‘V’

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Still think those wheel wells are a CSI Factor.IF someone is showing it -Cruise-Show with hood open -is there anything that might be an ‘identifier’ VIN # ??? or plate -tags -major weld -something that couldn’t have easily been altered or modified? If repainted …look for an area they would have had a problem masking and look for old colors….SEARCH Rhinebeck And tell Frank to put the word out On Forum at Hudson valley cruise site (Jim Biron’s thingy)

mikey

I would think if there is a policeman in the ranks, or you know one, they could run 1955 Chevy 2dr through DMV, and get a list of registered cars. You could then check them all out one at a time. Yes/No??………………..Mikey 😆

P.S. How many registered 55s can there be?? Actually, it does not matter, because you could find yours !

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

Thanks Bobby for bringing my stolen 55 Chevy up again. Mikey, the case file is still open
                                                                at my local PD. From time to time they still check with DMV. I had a friend on the Police Force
                                                                that was like a blood hound, but he passed away a few years ago. ” RIP Terry, I miss you ! ” Dino,
                                                                I’m going to list some personal items that were on the car. Some items would take a lot of effort to change.
                                                                Nomad rear bumper
                                                                Cowl Induction hood
                                                                Tow Tabs – welded to frame under front bumper
                                                                Tabs welded on frame for engine-catch cable
                                                                Channel iron welded on frame over brake and gas lines (passenger side – clutch area)
                                                                Square holes cut in frame w/side holes drilled through frame ( changed leaf spring location
                                                                to inside frame.) Also has square box welded in spare tire well (clearance for mounting
                                                                leaf spring. Series of holes in flat panel behind rear bumper ( for elect. fuel pumps)
                                                                Firewall dented in for clearance for Vertex Mag. Mini tubbed (3″) Koni-coil over ladder-bar.
                                                                Narrow 12 bolt. Thanks so much guys !! Too much more to list. Frank…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.