ASK THE FORD ANSWER MEN

Forums Forums RACE TECH QUESTION FORUM ASK THE FORD ANSWER MEN

Viewing 7 posts - 196 through 202 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

Thanks for ALL the help!!!
        I picked up a t-stat at the local Ford parts store.$32!!!On the net someone said 2 10 mm bolts are all thats in the way other than like Pete said removing a couple plastic air parts!
        OK, what time can I bring the f150 over to your house?
        gonna wait till it gets above the freezing mark to tackle this outside job!I remember while in high school changing rears,tranys and clutches in the ole 60 Starliner in the middle of the winter outside without giving it a second thought!
        Now you give it a lot of thought ,like, what if i cant get out from under the car etc. etc.!

Thanks for the help!!!

‘V’

dino
        Keymaster

V…I fell down & can’t get up 😆

dino
            Keymaster
                quote Babycakes:

Hey Dino,glad to hear the ‘ping’ noise disappeared! I thought of another cause;I thought perhaps a cracked exhaust manifold,and or leak at the front exhaust pipe to the exhaust manifold ( it be like a ‘pinging’ sound also) But, since the noise went away,that eliminates that theory! Pat, your a pip! 😀

…actually remember it in conjuction with the ‘change’ in idle speed…like the motor clicking in adjusting itself.

babycakes
                Participant

Food for thought,it might have been one of the hydraulic lifters picked up a piece of crap,and ‘stuck’ for a while ? Who knows? 🙄 .For now,noise gone Dino, keep your finger’s crossed! 😀

dino
                    Keymaster
                        quote Babycakes:

Food for thought,it might have been one of the hydraulic lifters picked up a piece of crap,and ‘stuck’ for a while ? Who knows? 🙄 .For now,noise gone Dino, keep your finger’s crossed! 😀

No it really sounded like it was in the cab…like the dash….then again…coulda been my cell phone low on battery 😆

bossguy

VB I hope that was the t-stat AND gasket, they retail about 31.00 together. I would have charged you 17.92 Are you near Torington Ford? My friend is the PM there.

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

Gee, too late thanks for the offer Jack but I bought one at Shakers.Oh,it did come with an O ring ta boot!!!

‘ V ‘

Viewing 7 posts - 196 through 202 (of 202 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.