ASK THE FORD ANSWER MEN

Forums Forums RACE TECH QUESTION FORUM ASK THE FORD ANSWER MEN

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Junked it ? what would that be worth now ? …what year he do that?

vbob
        Participant

HEY
            Dont remeber ,that was after Nam,Smoke on the water fire in the sky!DAH DAH DAH oh,heres a 428 I looked at new, note hood pins, wide tires,hood scoop, bottom fender badges!on the Ford lot in Thomaston,Ct. but bought the Fairlane 500,less $$!

‘V’

Attachments:

bossguy

Peekskill Ford was at the top of Welsher Ave? I’d go see Louie the Parts Mgr from George Cook Ford in N Tarrytown when I started working for Geo. Cook Ford. Behensky was the Linc Merc dealer on Rt 6. When Peekskill closed I went thru what was left on the shelves, Found a NOS Boss 302 rev limiter on the shelf, I gave it to my friend from Eastern Mustang. It’s worth a boatload of money now!

vbob
                Participant

HEY
                    Found this up in the attic under Ford guys stuff!
                    Ran more on dirt roads than assfault!
                    ‘V’

Attachments:

smokncobrajet
                        quote bossguy:

Peekskill Ford was at the top of Welsher Ave? I’d go see Louie the Parts Mgr from George Cook Ford in N Tarrytown when I started working for Geo. Cook Ford. Behensky was the Linc Merc dealer on Rt 6. When Peekskill closed I went thru what was left on the shelves, Found a NOS Boss 302 rev limiter on the shelf, I gave it to my friend from Eastern Mustang. It’s worth a boatload of money now!

Correcto Mundo.It was right at the corner of Washington Street and Welcher Ave.There was a little ice cream stand next to it on that road which was Blue Mt.
                        Your friend from Eastern Mustang,would that be Bobby A?

smokncobrajet
                            quote Paul Ceasrine:

JUNE,
                            What are you doing up so early.
                            OH, my other favorite Ford was a green Mach 1 428 Mustang 😀
                            Only if the wife was driving, she shifted better than her husband 😆
                            I think that Ford dealership, going down the hill into Peekskill was ‘Behensky’ first, then may have switched to Peekskill Ford. If I remember correctly, my father did cylinder heads for them, and they raced a 69′ Boss 302 (the owners son had it) in SS/J (I think). They also
                            had a 67′ or 68′ Shelby.
                            How’s Rudy.
                            LOL Paulie

I’m up early every day.I work ya know.Someone has to make $$ to keep the stangs runnin around here.You must be thinking of a different Ford dealer,no hills on Washington Street where Peekskill Ford was.I’ll have to ask Rudy about the shelby and Boss.He knew all those guys there.
                            Rudy’s fine.We will become GRANDPARENTS tomorrow.The little blonde terror,aka Rudy Jr,and wife are having a daughter tomorrow via a scheduled c-section.
                            Rudy Jr was the one and only who we’d drag to Dover cause no one would watch him 😮 and he was the one who was playing on the M&T’s and busted off the valve stem right before a run.All my friends,to this day still remember that and how high I lifted that kid over my head before I realized I WOULD go to jail for doing what I wanted to do. 😳
                            J~~~

smokncobrajet

So Paul,you’re up early too.Where do you work that makes you keep ungodly hours? Where is home these days?
                                J~~~
                                PS:I still miss my CJ

bossguy

I went thru Peekskill Ford with Jim Kelly who had bought out his partner Bob a little earlier.

smokncobrajet
                                        quote bossguy:

I went thru Peekskill Ford with Jim Kelly who had bought out his partner Bob a little earlier.

Name doesn’t sound familiar.What year,70,like your Boss?Still have it? John Ritornado(sp) was the salesman in 76 when we bought the Cobra ll. We’d bought our CJ in Mahopac from DeFranco Ford.I don’t remember that guys name though.
                                        J~~~

smokncobrajet

Sorry Boss Guy.Just looked at your Boss pic,and it’s a 69!

paul-ceasrine

OOPS, I slipped again.
                                                Behensky Mercury (Not Ford), on the left side of Route 6, heading down the hill into the
                                                center of Peekskill. The son (I believe) had a Boss 302 Mustang that ran in S/S. (SS/J ?)
                                                in 72 or 73? Also, a Shelby floated around there too. And one of the girls at the cleaners or bakery there had one of those ‘California Specials’, a red coupe. June that wasn’t you, was it?
                                                Probably not, it was a small-block with an automatic. NOT ENOUGH TORQUE 😆
                                                Peekskill Ford right on the corner, at the south end of Washington Street, opposite the Armory. Down the street from TNT Auto Parts. And don’t forget the BY-PASS DINER 🙂
                                                Paul

smokncobrajet

The Bypass Diner is still there.The Armory building is still there too,but I don’t know anything else about what it’s used for.That hill in Peekskill,the one with the Merc dealer,I drove every day to work from Mahopac on my way to the Beech Shopping Center.I got my first speeding ticket on that hill.
                                                    J~~~

paul-ceasrine

JUNE,
                                                        Congratulations on becoming G———-S. Hopefully another Bundle of Joy.
                                                        Do I presume, the baby’s first name will be SHELBY 😀
                                                        Hope all is well for the mother and baby.
                                                        Paul

dino
                                                        Keymaster

DeFranco Ford …I lettered that on “sombodys” car…Brain fade

bossguy

DeFranco was on Rt 6 in Mahopac. I believe the building is now Park Ford, Linc-Merc which moved from Rt 6 in Peekskill when Behenskys old building burned down a couple of years ago. Not to be confused with Curry Ford in Yorktown which also burned to the ground in the middle of the night.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 202 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.