ASK THE FORD ANSWER MEN

Forums Forums RACE TECH QUESTION FORUM ASK THE FORD ANSWER MEN

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    realmongo
    Participant

Funny, I was on the phone with Marti this morning over an engine tag I ordered back in April and did not even think to ask. As far as the “Eminger Invoices” go, they bought all of them up and nothing exists prior to the 1967 model year. I did order the Eminger Invoice they have for the ’84 GT though.

UPDATE: Marti called today and said they can’t find the original factory invoice for my car.

bossguy

Uncle Adolphs new camaro vs Mustang
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXpECrDIHjc

realmongo
            Participant

Well through talking with people and the process of elimination, we managed to figure out the ’65 was sold through Mark Downing Ford in Huntington Beach, CA. It probaly came to the Norteast with a sailor who was stationed at Long Beach a long long time ago.

Update on those rods too, the earlier C2OZ rod has a tapered neck where the later C3AZ rod does not.

paul-ceasrine

Hey A,
                    Terry Ashby started off with a 65′ Falcon 289/200HP 2-barrel.
                    Ran in K/Stock in 68′, 15.80’s.
                    Headers, Cragar-type steel mag wheels.
                    3-speed on the tree (column). Then put in a 4-speed with Hurst shifter.

Sold the car, and bought a 67′ Mustang GT white 4-speed 289/200HP 2-barrel, from
                    Carmel Ford (I think)?
                    Heavier car, ran in L/S, also in 68.
                    PC

dino
                    Keymaster

Bet ya don’t remember the billboards that said “This Is Ford Country,What are you Driving ? “

bossguy

I have that bumper sticker in my scrap book dino, from Yonkers Ford, circa 1964

realmongo
                            Participant

Where was Yonkers Ford located?

bossguy

On Broadway near Ruckel Pontiac within walking distance to Saunders HS

ford88

Thought,you ford guys would like this set-up thats going on my 289 in my 66 fairlane super rare…ED

paul-ceasrine

Didn’t Jack Lord drive a big-block Ford in Hawaii Five-O.
                                            Drake, what kind of camshaft and valve train was in that engine 😆

Paul

maso
                                            Participant

Any of you Ford guys like to have this for an avatar…?

mikey

OK all you Ford guys, we need some help. M&M Speed has purchased an old U-Haul box truck. F350 cab and chassis, dually, with a 14′ box. It’s a 1997 model with a 460 gas engine. We are looking for a little more power, and better fuel economy, if possible. I assume that headers will help both “wants”, but what about different injectors, and/or some distributor work?? I’m not a Ford guy, so I don’t really have much of an idea where to go here. We will use it to tow Riches El Camino to shows, and also to display and sell parts at the Shows. Thanks for your input, guys we appreciate it. ……………..Mikey 😆

Yes, guys, Dino will be “Lettering” it up, we already have some drafts, and it looks great!! 😆

bossguy

Mikey, I never fooled with an injected 460 but there is a 460 Ford Forum, you might try that or ford racing.com. About my sons Ranchero car cover. He was in a horrific accident on his way to school in Ga in August. He just got his cast off 2 weeks ago and just got out to the Ranchero today for the first time since August. I’m going to see if Covercraft will work around the lack of reciept. I’m just letting you know in case Covercraft contacts you or Rich. Thanks, Jack

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Mikey,you might wanna try some of the performance ‘cam’ company’s that produce ‘special’ r.v. camshafts,for motorhomes,or tow rigs,for performance and economy.Also these company’s that produce performance ‘chips’ for your p.c.m. Your right about a dual exhaust system (with a cross-over header pipe,off the headers).That’s a ‘big’ help! In 75,I had a Ford pickup with a 351 Cleveland engine for towing my race car; and in 88,I had an 83 Ford with a 300 six cyl. used for camping with a 8ft. slide in camper on it. i followed these proceedures (except using a performance chip) on both ‘different engines,and found good power take-off,and mid-range power,along with 3 to 5 mpg more,on gas mileage! It may not seem like alot,but at almost 4 bucks a gallon for gas,makes you think what you can do to ‘improve’ fuel consumption.Hope this helps ya.Pete.

mikey

First off, Thanks, Jack, and yes, I’ll talk to Rich about the cover. I feel really bad about the screwup. I also feel bad for your son, hope he has been recovering nicely. Second, Pete, thanks for your input too. We appreciate it.. I really think the headers and a dual exhaust set-up will do wonders. Then, we will go on from there. ………..Mikey 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 202 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.