DON GARLITS At DOVER…’Big Daddy’ just sent e-mail

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST DON GARLITS At DOVER…’Big Daddy’ just sent e-mail

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant
        quote dinotheweirdo:

Finally read this Whole thing…sorted it out …boy what commentary…Here’s what it all boils down to:

1962-Swamp Rat III-C..Connie Swingle ,driver…TIME run -?
        1963-Swamp Rat 5-B..Don Drove…8:12 @ 192
        1964 (May 3) Wynns Jammer …Don Drove…8;11@ 196 *
        1965 (May 24) WynnsJammer (with Zoomies)…Don Drove…8:03 @ 196

* I was there…!

Also…

I have some digitized 8mm video of the 1962 Rat III Swingle event, and Dino has it too, but it’s not great quality.

dino
        Keymaster

Looking for Time & MPH Connie ran in ’62

dino
            Keymaster

Gramatan Dodge Crew !..Nutson, Gramdog, Klatt …Smokey, Grover,Sachs, you where there in ’62 …what did Connie run?

dino
                Keymaster

new mystery….keep seeing ads in Eastern Drag News issues during July 1964 for Aug. 2 as Date for Match Race Between Garlits And Chris Karamesini ? two ads BUT no Race result Story About it. Anyone have one ?-Aug 2 ’64 Dover story…Methinks since no photos can be found and no story (so Far) that the Match got CANCELLED.Don had just been there by himself on May 3.

…..Now get this Paul posted this “Itinerary” Item passed in to him:
                    August 2, 1964 Island Dragway, Great Meadows, New Jersey (runs 7.78 @ 201.34)
                    (runs back-up of 200.89)
                    ………………Hmmmm….

patina
                    Participant

Thats correct and I have a Island Dragway decal stating
                        “N.H.R.A. Sanctioned
                        1st Official 201 M.P.H.
                        August 1, 1964

Tried scanning but file to big.

Pat

tomblake
                        Participant

Chris Karamesini (The Greek) was at Dover on June 13, 1965.
                            Dates on the back of two pictures in my collection are of Karamesini.

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Right …year later …good color shots in Cullen Collection and new Hibbert collection IN Big ODF Galleries….with a few others scattered around.Thats the silver full body car with Chizler on it.

dino
                                Keymaster

Brian on the lead of ‘Supposidly’,an original Garlits Dover Poster hanging on someones office wall. Got the tip -off ,from a delivery guy that saw it yesterday.As I type he’s waiting outside the place ,waiting for it to open up. He always tracks down the rumors! what a guy. Will have “field Report” later as to it’s authenticity.Brian knows all the exact dates and will see if it’s legit. Many of these turn out to be bad counterfits…maybe he’ll hit a real relic .

mikey

Hey Dino, there was at least one itinerary of one or two of the cars in that CD I sent you of Garlits Museum photos. There may have been a time for Swingles run, I don’t remember. …………………….Mikey 😆

dino
                                        Keymaster

See this post for the poster investigation…Wasn’t a Garlits poster -But just as good
                                            http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2282

huxie007

In 1961 wasn’t the driver for Garlits car Connie Kalatti

dino
                                                Keymaster

No …Connie SWINGLE ..Read page 4 of this topic.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.