GASSERS.!.At Dover —–Photos/Stories /Historys

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR GASSERS.!.At Dover —–Photos/Stories /Historys

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    kman
    Participant

hey pete.. one word.. UNREAL… this whole website has given me literally hours… no.. days of enjoyment .. THANK ALL OF YOU for keeping dover alive… makes me kinda’ wish that i was a “dover regular” back in the day…. about v bob ??? .. what can i say… made me instantly feel like i was part of the “club” .. thanks for that v man… much appreciated.. as is appreciated my other new friends made at the valley … i would mention you all but fear i might leave someone out… soooo… in the future.. if you see some old guy that looks a bit like yosemite sam pointing a camera at you… simple… just smile….

kman
        Participant

heres to ya’ mr. bob….

kman
            Participant

yeahhhhh !!!!

340swinger
                Participant
                    maso
                    Participant

“BACK OFF… YA’ VARMIT…!!!”

patina
                        Participant

I got nutten better to do. I went to church, followed the NHRA Vegas race on the computer, watching the Texasa NASCAR race on TV and going through the threads on here and the HAMB site.

Pat

Attachments:

patina
                            Participant

Looked through all my photo’s in my files. These are “Gassers at Dover”

Pat

Attachments:

tomblake
                                Participant

VBOB…..Your last picture brings back memories. That was the beginning of the 55 gasser for me.

patina
                                    Participant

You mean; Pat …..Your last picture brings back memories. That was the beginning of the 55 gasser for me. 😛 😛 😛

Pat

tomblake
                                        Participant

My bad, Pat. Thought they were from VBOB. Not to many pictures of the 55 in the early stages.

patina
                                            Participant

I understand Tom , it’s too much sunshine and non stop car shows 😛 😛 😛 Is there part of the 1/4 panel missing in front of the wheel opening?

Pat

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY
                                                    Tom, a couple of those are made from my original slides!
                                                    The ones with black boarders
                                                    ‘V’

tomblake
                                                    Participant

The black area in front of the rear wheel is primer over newspaper and Bondo. Remember every little money back in those days. 🙂

babycakes
                                                        Participant
                                                            quote TomBlake:

The black area in front of the rear wheel is primer over newspaper and Bondo. Remember every little money back in those days. 🙂

Tom,you made me rewind my brain,back in the day,and laugh! Not mentioning any names,I had a friend who had a body shop.There were a few (shoddy) used car lot dealers,ask him to ‘patch’ some rusty spots,for 50 bucks,paint,material,and all. That’s what they got; bondo,and
                                                            newspaper,spot paint,for the 50 bucks! And you know something….it looked ‘decent’! lol.

tomblake
                                                            Participant

My repair lasted three years after doing it with the newspaper/Bondo trick. Still looked good when the car was sold. Wouldn’t do it today but back in the day with no money and a race car that cost $100. What could you lose?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.