GASSERS.!.At Dover —–Photos/Stories /Historys

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR GASSERS.!.At Dover —–Photos/Stories /Historys

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Dino,I remember seeing the Lobianco Bros. run down ‘E’ town in the early 70’s.One time against Harry Hall from Pa. ( he bought and used to run K.S. Pittman’s chopped 33 Willys AA/GS, which he totaled loosing the l/front wheel in the traps), Harry ran against them in a new F/C. Anyhow,the brothers go way back to the early 60’s.they ran a 55 Chevy blue C/G out of the Chestnut Garage.They spent moocho $ on it.Eventually they sold it to none other than “Jersey John’ Anzelmo (John helped them as a pit crew member). ‘Jersey John’ ( with the help of the Merkel boyz) got the 55’s act together,and set a national record with it. ‘Jersey John’ is now a drag racing historian in Jersey. Now GET THIS!!! He was at Pat D’s camp at Rhinebeck this year,at the cook out! V Bob and the Dover gang, got to talk ‘ole’ drag racing times with him,and ‘yes’,he remembered our ole B/G Willys also!

patina
        Participant

Standing behind the “Vitar” car are l – r Paul Sullivan, Vinnie Tarentola and Eddie Sanzo. In the back ground Eddies
            trademark Pontiac Grand Prix

Pat

dino
            Keymaster

go back to page 7 where I started the new shots

babycakes
                Participant

Pat,your 100% right with Eddie’s trademark Pontiac Grand Prix. I remember twice on Rte. 80 in Jersey,flat towing our race car to Island Dragway,doing about 75mph, when all of a sudden ‘WOOSH’!!! Eddie’s Grand Prix ( with race car behind) would pass us like a ‘rocket’ heading for the strip! I guarantee you if you pulled the heads off that Pontiac,you wouldn’t find ‘any’ carbon build up on the valves or piston tops!

vbob
                    Participant

HEY

@ DDS Reunion Marcus Dairy!
                        ‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

V-Bob…That sure looks like Don Murphy’s ’30 Chevy Coupe “Summer Song” …been around since the late seventies and a regular at The Sycamore Cruise in Bethel, Ct. …82-88.And He did take it for a run down Dover.

babycakes
                            Participant

Dino,I think that’s a ‘Ford’ Model A body (29-30?) not a Chevy coupe.

patina
                                Participant
                                    quote Babycakes:

Dino,I think that’s a ‘Ford’ Model A body (29-30?) not a Chevy coupe.

GIVE THAT MAN A CEEGAR 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Pat

dino
                                    Keymaster

OPPS…tried zooming on the Grill emblem and it all blurred out..Don’s coupe looks just like this though.same color -everything..So Who be the owner of this ?And what year Reunion V-Bob? Come to think of it ,his Headlights are Painted ,not chrome.

dino
                                        Keymaster

found this about the “B/Gas Supercharged” meet I didn’t do the ad…I would have said BB/G Reminds me of the Poster that had “Fuel Coups ” . Chet And Joe were a little clueless on details.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                            Participant

While we’re on the subject of ‘gassers’, I would love to express my CONGRATULATIONS to both Larry and Wanda Blanchet of Maine, taking on the ‘Mission Impossible’ project of Al DeAngeles’ ole ‘Mystery Willys’ gasser! I guarantee 90% of us looked at it,when 1st. discovered, we would had shook our heads,said, let it rust in peace,and walked away,saying,what a shame! Apparently,both Larry and Wanda live by the rule ‘ never say never’; be optimistic!!! After seeing ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos (of the body shell) it’s a ‘ miracle’ how it looks now! Even better than if it were coming down the ole Willys assembly line,when new!!! No doubt in my mind both Larry and Wanda are blessed with hands-on mechanical abilities,and craftsmanship!!! I was ‘TOTALLY’ AMAZED! Seeing this, is what this ODF gasser lover’s heart beat going and going! Many thanks Larry and Wanda,you did a ‘beautiful’ job,so far!!! 😮 😀 😀 😀

me-gasser

Well I haven’t been on here for awhile. Been busy with a lot of things. This is a picture that we took of the Mystery Willys a couple of weeks ago. We’re still got the same tires and wheels on her as when she raced. Still not sure what our plans are for it but we think it’s looking good. Thanks for the kind words.
                                                    http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg87/blown392/007_zps5431f344.jpg

babycakes
                                                    Participant

ONE WORD…..”BEAUTIFUL”!!! DESCRIBES IT ALL!!! 😮 😀 😉 Pete.

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY

46 years ago today, Sunday August 25th 1968 was the BB/GAS meet at Dover Drag Strip!
                                                            ‘V’

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Here ya go kman, a taste of the ‘legendary’ V Bob’s classic photos! ’68’ BB/GS Meet at Dover! Bob has entertained us ODF’s for ‘many’ years now with his ‘large’ collection of both photos and film,from past and present,that we so much appreciated, and thank him for! He certainly is a ‘dedicated’ member of the club, keeping the morale up for many of us! THANK YOU Bob for sharing these ‘rare’ gasser photos!!! :geek: 😀 Pete.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 113 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.