GASSERS.!.At Dover —–Photos/Stories /Historys

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR GASSERS.!.At Dover —–Photos/Stories /Historys

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    pauljbayarinas

i’m not positive but i think the black 39 chevy C/G once belonged to my cousin john lukosavage ❓ in this picture it has a different nose but still has the truck floater rear and tube front axel we ran it in the 60’s then he sold it to go to stock cars 😳 he worked for dickie doyle in bristol conn.for a while the car had a 283corvette motor with hilborn

tomblake
        Participant

[/quote]I see. I beg your pardon. I thought that you had told me that the engine was out of the 10% wheelbase/spark plug limit. My bad. Either way, that car is essentially a Gas Coupe in concept even if that spark plug is a little too close to the rear axel.[/quote]

Maso….we talked about why we didn’t run gas with the 37 and I did tell you the set back was more than 10%. Don’t remember if it was or not NOW but we did run gas at least once.
            Might have been first time out and if I remember Bill said they didn’t know what to do with us as far as class. It didn’t mater to us as long as we got to race.

dino
            Keymaster

Tom .says right on the window A/G

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Stand By for more Gasser Action…Just scanned new photo Collections .Remember…hundreds of photos in Dover Historical Photos -Multi-media section (Register & login to view) Plus soon to be 3700 photos in ODF Premium Members Galleries.Will post Gasser teasers from New Collections Tomorrow.

dino
                    Keymaster

Found this in the new Lee Valentuine collection Paul Grant pontiac engine -Had Green knock your socks off MetalFlake.Tiny Eglit later bought.

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Another from Valentine Collection…’Chargin Charlie’s ”55

Attachments:

maso
                            Participant
                                quote TomBlake:

quote :

I see. I beg your pardon. I thought that you had told me that the engine was out of the 10% wheelbase/spark plug limit. My bad. Either way, that car is essentially a Gas Coupe in concept even if that spark plug is a little too close to the rear axel.

Maso….we talked about why we didn’t run gas with the 37 and I did tell you the set back was more than 10%. Don’t remember if it was or not NOW but we did run gas at least once.
                                Might have been first time out and if I remember Bill said they didn’t know what to do with us as far as class. It didn’t mater to us as long as we got to race.

Ummm…

Thinking about that…

Perhaps that’s the reason why nobody ran ’36 – ’37 Fords much in the Gas Classes. Those years Fords were the same chassis wise. Maybe you just couldn’t mount an OHV engine in them and still be within the 10% limit. That’s just a speculation on my part. I don’t think I have ever seen a ’33 through ’35 Ford in any Gas Class either.

dino
                                Keymaster

Time To Pump this topic up…I’ll be posting much more here…In The Meantime ….lets hear from You Guys AND Post new photos!

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY
                                        Some already seen maybe not!
                                        ‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Attachments:

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY

The ole Sanzo-Sullivan Willys Gasser still at it kickin ass -taken names!
                                                ‘V’

Attachments:

maso
                                                Participant

Tell me ’bout the H/G Chevy, “Goldfinger”. Can that be a six cylinder engine…? Details please if you have them. ❓ 💡 ➡

babycakes
                                                    Participant

WAY TO GO V BOB!!!! Love looking at these ‘gassers from the ‘golden years’,and Sanzo’s (Repoli’s) Willys,along with Paul B’s blasting down the 1/4 mile! Well appreciated! 😮 😀 Pete.

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY

Have some more here for ya !
                                                            ‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
                                                            Participant

HEY
                                                                OH, a couple more GASSERS!
                                                                ‘V’

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 113 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.