GREAT CHEATER STORIES

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST GREAT CHEATER STORIES

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

OK Tri 5 guys!!!

‘V’Bob

Attachments:

gene-terenzio-sr
        Participant
            quote Randy Fish:

Tied to his testicles. 😉

Heres one, A guy with a A/A ford power, drilled a hole in the spark plug seats so when they P&G’ed him the thing would leak and he would come up with less cu. in’s.

I’m sure you have an idea who that was, Gene. And yes . . . Dino wins the two-pound Spicy Chalupa! Correct answer!

Hey, I spent a great deal of time with Anthony and Mickey last weekend at Pomona. The conditions sucked but Anthony got it figured out. I’ll feature their car later in ’09. It’ll be in the same issue with Rick Jackson’s car, which I have to shoot at the Winternationals after it gets painted.

I already told Anthony this, but you need to know, too. You guys were my heroes. I’ve got great memories of watching your cars. I even have a nighttime photo from Englishtown (that Bob McClurg gave me) on my office wall of the “Italian Way” BB/Altered. Thanks, man![/quote]
            Randy ,wasn’t Mike Pavia with them at Pomona?

billy-casey

Yes Dino, Casey Enginering on tuckahoe rd. were you lettered my 57 chevy… I was sort of in comp. with Bobby Lagana, but when Bobby worked on your car,it might as well be in the local newspaper , thats when I met Pat Molla around 1968/69 , The POISON IVEY 55 chevy and then his camaro … he was the first , in 6 months there was 6 of them and nobody knew nothing 😈 😈 😈 it was quite funny….Billy

storm-king

O.K., no throwing in a modern picture of a “typical” tri five Chevy of the day. You gotta use a real back in the day pic. 😆 (Zat work better than the other more discriptive word for you, Dino?) 😉

dino
                    Keymaster

Hows this fo… “Junky” -1968..Hand made steering column …fanatical attention to detail…and Ran

Attachments:

storm-king-2

How stock were we in 64 & 65 ? We ran the stock 6 qt. oil pan. Didn’t know any better, cost us a cam & main bearings in 65 doing a match race against ta da , ” the Black Arrow” at Dover. My dad would have killed me if he knew I was going to 7200 rpm, I wanted to win.
                            Bill

dino
                            Keymaster

WAS ‘Ta da ‘ the BLACK ARROW stock ? after it returned from the Winternationals ?? da Grump was no slouch when it came to ‘bending the rules” …heard his “Monster Mash” had so many tricks ..they crushed it ,when done with it, to eliminate the evidence.

dino
                                Keymaster

My brother Ted …always found this dumb cheater idea after lunch…all he did was look under each “Stock” & S /S car when they came into staging lanes for first round. And find that during lunch they had removed the entire stock exhaust stem …pipes,mufflers …everything! to save weight ,they said. Easy fix-You’re disquilifed ! back out of the lanes ..the whole day shot …stupid

bossguy

Bill Casey, my brother Bill bought all of Ed Prouts Boss 429 altered parts. I don’t know if you or Drake provided the lead on that. I think he still has it all, zoomies, magneto, dry sump pieces, 5 cams, rods cranks etc. I do remember hearing about a M/P camaro that had sand in the rear braces of the roll bar. I asked Rick Rickman why the Tasca Ford Cobra Jet was never at national events since it ran so well every weekend and he said he heard it had an aluminum 427 Le Mans running as a Cobra Jet and wouldn’t make it thru tech. Similar story about the Sox and Martin Super Bird.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Still would like to hear what Big races Doc took the Arrow to ,after the Winternationals in Legal trim…Could he not Win as good as Grumpy ?

vindicator
                                            Participant

😆 😆 😆 GEEZ’ JACK/BOSS GUY…HERE I AM COUNTIN’ ON YOU FOR “MEMORY”(YOU’RE THE “LEGENDARY” FORD PARTS “GURU”..DON’T-CHA’ REMEMBER…WE “ANNOINTED” U…LAST WEEK??!!**)…I SEEM TO REMEMBER…U..AND/OR YOUR BROTHER BUYIN’ SOME BOSS 429 STUFF FROM A GUY… “LEADHEAD”… (HE HAD A BOSS 429 CAR TOO…) THAT WORKED WITH US @ CARMEL FORD…AND HE/WE GOT U IN TOUCH WITH ED…OL’ ED WAS/IS THE PROVERBIAL “PIECE OF WORK”…ACTUALLY A SMART GUY…REAL GOOD RACER…BUT HIS STUFF WUZ’ A “BIT” CRUDE TO SAY THE LEAST…AND O’COURSE OL’ ED ALWAYS HADDA’ HAVE THE “EDGE”…FROM BEING A LIL’ “LARGE” (MAYBE HIS REAL WEAKNESS…WUZ’…MATH!!) IN THE CUBIC INCH DEPARTMENT…TO LEAD WEIGHT IN THE HELMET…NEVER REALLY COULD QUITE UNDERSTAND THAT…HE COULD ALWAYS RUN WELL…WITHOUT THE “NONSENSE”…BUT JACK …U…BEEN AROUND THE CAR BUSINESS…ALMOST… AS LONG AS ME…IT AIN’T ALWAYS ‘BOUT INTEGRITY…SOME “CATS” JUST ALWAYS…GOTTA’ HAVE THE “EDGE”…IN EVERYTHING THEY DO…OR “TRY” TO DO… 😆 😆 😆 THEY WORK HARDER TRYIN’ TO “SNORK” U…THAN IF THEY WERE JUST “STRAIGHT” UP @ THE OUTSET…THEY’RE TRULY “TALENTED”…AND ACTUALLY READILY COULD ACCOMPLISH SUMPTIN’… 😆 😆 😆 ED GAVE ME A LOT OF HELP…GENUINE…HELP…IN THE VERY EARLY DAYS (AIN’T EVER FORGOT THAT)…U…JUST HADDA’ DECIDE GOIN’ FORWARD…HOW YA’ WANTED TO RACE… 😉 😉 😉 NO MATTER WHAT…I ALWAYS…JUST DID AND DO…LUV THE “PROUTMEISTER” 😆 😆 😆 FOR A “REAL” FORD DRAG RACER IN THE “LOCAL” TRISTATE AREA…ED…THE LATE WALLY LYNN… THE LATE NAZY CRATE… PETE SHADINGER…AND REALLY A JUST A FEW OTHERS WERE THE “REAL” FORD GUYS…BACK IN THE LATE 50’S… VERY EARLY 60’S…’64-’71…THE 7-8 YEARS THE FORD FACTORY CARS WERE AROUND…IS ANOTHER “TALE” 😀 😀 :D…ON A NATIONAL LEVEL…BY THE MID-LATE 60’S…I’VE GOT A NUMBER OF “STORIES”… 😆 😆 😆 WITH & AROUND ED…JUST AIN’T A ONE OF ‘EM…CAN BE TOLD…ON ANY FORUM…WITHOUT A LOT OF PARENTAL GUIDANCE… 😆 😆 😆 NOW MATTER WHAT… ED COULD & DID MAKE U…P**S…YOUR PANTS…ALWAYS…DRAKE 😀 😀 😀 P.S. REMEMBER LIKE YESTERDAY…THE YEAR ED WON NHRA DIVISON 1 COMP ELIMINATOR POINTS CHAMPSIONSHIP (NO SMALL FEAT…) BELIEVE IT WUZ’ 1969 OR ’70..WITH THAT BOSS 429 A/A…I WUZ’ CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE…KINDA’ LIKE “MALCOM IN THE MIDDLE”…BETWEEN ED VS. BOBBY LA REGINA/ THE LATE RONNIE DOLLINGER A/A (CHEVY GUYS..BUT LONG TIME REAL FRIENDS)…THEY WERE HAVIN’ A “FIT” OVER ED…AND HIS WINNING…WUZ’ HE LEGAL?? I DON’T REALLY KNOW…AND NHRA DIV. 1…NEVER THREW HIM OUT (THAT YEAR!!)..IT WASN’T EZEE BEING A “POLITICIAN” 😆 😆 😆 …WE DID HAVE A COMP MEET @ DOVER THAT YEAR…AND ED DID PUT BOBBY/RONNIE “AWAY”…FOR A/A CLASS…JUST LIKE ‘OL BILL DRAKE/OL’ RUMBLE GUTS LATE HEMI/AUSTIN…DRILLED US IN CLASS FINAL FOR B/A (WITH OUR X AL JONIEC-BATCAR/HAIRYONE LONG-NOSE MUSTANG)…BUT BILL WAS A CLASS GUY… AND IT ONLY “HURT” FOR ‘LIL WHILE 😆 😆 😆 MY DAD AND I SPENT THE DAY IN BOTH ED & BOBBY’S “PIT”AREA…TRYIN’ TO KEEP THE PEACE…THEY REALLY DIDN’T “CARE” FOR EACH OTHER… 😆 😆 😆 ‘DEM’S WERE THE DAYS…

bossguy

Hey Drakester, I remember driving to Carmel Ford with my brother, I believe he bought a scattershield and headers from you. I just couldn’t remember how he met Ed because I never did. I’ll ask him Christmas day when I freeload a meal off him. Are you going to Jayces on the 10th? Do you remember any of that about Tascas CJ?

vindicator
                                                    Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY JACK… MAYBE JUST A LIL’ LIKE VIDEO BOB…BUT I’M HERE TO TELL YA’…HE IS ONE OF A KIND!!!…NO TELLIN’ WOT ‘DAT BOY WOULD “BRING” @ BARRATT-JACKSON AUCTION ‘EH… 😆 😆 😆 BUT MY ONLY “PASSION” ‘BOUT CARS/DRAG RACIN’ IS FORD STUFF (50 YEARS LATER…HERE I AM…WILLY LOMAN…”HISSELF”..A “SPENT” MONKEY) 🙁 🙁 :((I DID “STRAY” FOR THE LAST COUPLE YEARS OF THE FUNNY CAR “DEAL” THOUGH WITH A CHEV/RODECK…& DONOVAN HEMI) 😮 😯 😮 … FOR ME…THAT HASN’T TURNED ON THE “LIGHTS”…FOR ANYBODY THINKIN’ I BE VERY SMART!!…THE “TRUTH” IS OUT…I AIN’T… 😆 😆 😆 I DO HAVE SOME FOLLOW UP “HISTORY” ON THE 4-5 FACTORY ’68 CJ CARS…MISSED MY “NAP” TODAY…JUST HADDA’ DO A COUPLE OF “POSTS”…FEEL PRETTY “TAXED”…LIKE ‘USED UP”…FOR U… FOR A LIMITED TIME…AND A LIMITED TIME ONLY… 😆 😆 😆 I’LL DIG IT UP (OUT)…STAY ‘TUNED”…PROBABLY WON’T BE TODAY…BUT REAL SOON…YA’ HEAH’… 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE… P.S. JAYCEE’S GONNA’ BE A VERY LAST MINUTE DECISION…BUT I’M SURE I’LL SEE U…BETWEEN NOW AND MARCH 1ST

billy-casey

bossguy… SPEED CASEY HERE… I went with your brother the 1st time… I got his # from speed parts center . your brother was working for me back then and he went to the track with me quite often … Hows Billy doing . hope everything is well…Billy

bossguy

Drake, I was gonna e-mail you and tell you, I wasn’t sure if you knew my brother worked for Speed Casey. I spoke with Tom Caldara today, he said he’ll spend more time on here looking for his cars. Billy, I’ve told my brother you’re on here almost every nite, recapturing your mis spent youth! I’m going to his house for Christmas, he’s been on here but I don’t think he’s posted. I’ll try and fire him up, see if he’ll come to Jayces.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.