GREAT CHEATER STORIES

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST GREAT CHEATER STORIES

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    vindicator
    Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY JACK…THE ORIGINAL TASCA CJ CAR IS NOW OWNED BY “PIZZA JOHN”( U..GUESSED RIGHT…HE OWNS A COUPLE PIZZA “JOINTS”…QUITE SUCCESSFUL ONES’.. ‘EH) OF WINSTED ,CT….JOHN ALSO HAS A AWESOME ORIGINAL ’67 427 FAIRLANE & A COUPLE OTHER “PERIOD” FORD CARS..ALL “SLICK”…LAST TIME I SPOKE WITH HIM…HE WAS LOOKING FOR A “LEGIT” THUNDERBOLT OR AFX COMET…(NO “SHORTAGE” OF MONEY THERE..HAS “SOLD” MANY…MANY…”SPICE-EE” MEATBALLS..) 😆 😆 😆 …REAL NICE GUY…NO “YOUNGSTER”…IF YOU CALL DONNIE HILLER @ LITCHFIELD FORD (HE’S GOT A ORIGINAL BOSS 302 CAR LIKE YOU)..HE COULD PUT YOU IN TOUCH WITH JOHN… 🙂 🙂 🙂 ON THE LEGAL-ILLLEGAL SIDE OF THE TASCA CJ CAR…I DON’T REALLY KNOW…THERE WERE A LOT OF “RUMORS”…JUST LIKE THAT TASCA “STREET BOSS” (I KNOW FOR A FACT…THAT MOTOR WAS WAY “BIG”) I HAVEN’T SPOKE TO JOHN HEALEY…IN SOME YEARS…SURELY WAS IN THE “KNOW” ABOUT TASCA STUFF… ‘COURSE BILLY LAWTON PASSED AWAY SOME TIME AGO…BOTH “GOOD PEOPLE”… “SALT OF THE EARTH GUYS”…I BELIEVE THEY WERE JUST TOO “BUSY” WITH THE FUNNY CAR @ THAT TIME TO CONCENTRATE ON A S/S CJ MUSTANG (AS WAS DYNO DON NICHOLSON & GAS RONDA WITH THE CJ S/S CARS)…BUT IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO JOHN HEALEY…I’LL MAKE INTRO FOR YOU (ANYTHING… FOR YOU….”BUDEEE”…) 😆 😆 😆 AND GIVE HIS PHONE/CELL # 🙂 🙂 🙂 DRAKE

storm-king

Drake, Don’t tell me “Pizza John” Mafaro?

vindicator
            Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY BILL…’NAW “THAT” PIZZA JOHN (MAFARO)…THE “SCOOTER”/MOTORCYCLE GUY….IS FROM NEW JERSEY 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE… P.S. PRETTY GOOD PIZZA @ HIS FAMILY “JOINTS” TOO…

dino
                Keymaster

Cheater Stories? anything new ? Now I remember the ” Henry The 8TH ” 50 ford flathed stocker built for Lou DiRubba by Champion Auto …later owned by Jim Winkler . STOCK ? not hardly…had fiberglass fender panels ,gutted frame and a Canadian Police Interseptor Hi-Po- engine /cam . And Louie’s Pizzaria Had the BEST food! just up from Lagana’s shop.

maso
                    Participant
                        quote bossguy:

… I asked Rick Rickman why the Tasca Ford Cobra Jet was never at national events since it ran so well every weekend and he said he heard it had an aluminum 427 Le Mans running as a Cobra Jet and wouldn’t make it thru tech. Similar story about the Sox and Martin Super Bird.

That’s interesting because Richard’s car was tied for NHRA’s N.E. regional record in SS/A with the Tasca Ford in May of 1965.

bossguy

The Tasca CJ we were talking about was a 68, first year of the CJ.

rcgarren
                            Participant

I remember a 409 chevy ( black ) that was having traction problems one sunday and they talked there large cousin ( 250 lbs ) to ride in the TRUNK, after they got there time slip they pulled to the back of the pits and let him out, he looked like he had gone 10 rounds and lost bad, his bell was RUNG!. they tried to talk him into to again but it never happen as far as I know. It did make the car come out of the hole good. That had to be some ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

bossguy

I’ve heard of a water filled spare doing the same job.

gramdog1
                                    Participant

Bossguy, didn’t Bill Kolb’s wheelstander Econoline have a cement filled tailgate? 😀
                                        Come to think of it, probably all the wheelstanders did something similar

bossguy

I never heard that Ron. John Sachs is on here, he’d probably know. Matter of fact, I wonder where that car is now? Shed some light please John.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Hows it cheating , when you’re a paid “performer”with no class rules to meet.(Little Yellow Wagon” )…

john-sachs-sr
                                                Participant
                                                    quote Gramdog1:

Bossguy, didn’t Bill Kolb’s wheelstander Econoline have a cement filled tailgate? 😀
                                                    Come to think of it, probably all the wheelstanders did something similar

YES ………………….. 😮
                                                    When I built those Econolines,I used prolly 800 lbs. of lead in the tailgate.I will say,that when they started to sway(it was rare)they had a mind of their own!!!!!!!!!! 😯 😯
                                                    The “Yellow Wagon” was sold to a guy in Staten Island.I think his name was George,can’t remember his last name.
                                                    John

paul-ceasrine

My father had a machine shop (Valley Motor & Machine) in Jefferson Valley. He not only raced at Dover, but also built many engines and re-did the heads for many guys around
                                                        Putnam County and Northern Westchester. My fathers shop was right down the street from
                                                        Jefferson Valley Service Center, home base for Jay Hansens 68′ SS/HA “Goldilocks” Nova,
                                                        Frank Genovese’s 69′ SS/G GTO and Willy Harmony’s 69 E/MP “Kandid Kamaro”. I saw a lot of
                                                        “let’s say” not normal things run through my dad’s shop.
                                                        One motor, a 440 Mopar that came in for a Super Stock guy (No name please) had aluminum rods that were paint coated with a cast iron colored-based paint, and the driver side bank of the engine had 12.5-1 Arias pistons, the driver side bank had the stock 10.1-1 units.
                                                        He said he told the tech guys it was too hard to pull off the driver side head, so they always yanked the passenger side. He won a few times at Dover, and never got caught.
                                                        A minor classic is from a Modified Production car, the guy had an extra driveshaft that they brought to the track, and it was filled with lead. When he won in the finals, he stayed at
                                                        the end of the track, claiming he broke the driveshaft. His brother drove down to the end of the track, where they swapped in the heavier one. Never got caught.

paul

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Here’s another “Illegal Ballest’ story: I was up too late one Sat. and missed my ride to the track with my brother…..So I stood out on the hwy in Katonah ,to hitch hike to the track.Who stops for me ? Tom Iorizzo. No room in the tow car ,so I get in the race car on the passenger side ….Now every time we go over a bump, something “clanks’ under the rug??? so I reach down and pull the rug back ,and there stacked all over is a couplete set of bar-bell wheights 😯 …now, don’t think ol’ Tom was gonna work out at Lunch….more Hidden “Ballast” to fool the scales .

anthony-terenzio

How about a not cheating story one thing about my brothers cheaten was not a option they schooled me early on when i was just the little brother if you have to cheat you not good enough to race we were acused of
                                                                cheating but we never did NUFF SAID

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.