HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

HEY V-BOB…Could you post “I’m A Believer” by the Monkeys for me to Tomato and Patina…Just wanted to see what you guys would come back with…Great Photo’s…I did a lot with Holly’s and manifolds on super stock and modified production Big Blocks…My favorite tunnel ram was the first Weiand…It was three piece and easy to work on inside the plenum…
        Dino is certainly right about Old Skool…We made cool cans out of coffee cans and coiled tubing inside…No solid motor mounts,just chained front of motor to the frame…Made our own solid trans. mounts…Welded our rear spools solid and hoped an axle doesn’t break…On a pumping gas at the station budget this was how we could afford to race…and the story go’s on…

mikey
            quote action rat:

HEY V-BOB…Could you post “I’m A Believer” by the Monkeys for me to Tomato and Patina…Just wanted to see what you guys would come back with…Great Photo’s…I did a lot with Holly’s and manifolds on super stock and modified production Big Blocks…My favorite tunnel ram was the first Weiand…It was three piece and easy to work on inside the plenum…
            Dino is certainly right about Old Skool…We made cool cans out of coffee cans and coiled tubing inside…No solid motor mounts,just chained front of motor to the frame…Made our own solid trans. mounts…Welded our rear spools solid and hoped an axle doesn’t break…On a pumping gas at the station budget this was how we could afford to race…and the story go’s on…

and on, and on and on, and on and don’t forget the aviation gas, and on and on…………………. 😆

patina
            Participant

Action and Mikey this Buds for you 😆 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUyu5prWjTE

tomatohead
                Participant

…. what the heck is that 😆 Iam a beleiver ❓ ………. yea Iam a believer in FORD POWER 😆 anyway do you think it will fit under the bubble hood 😀 I am only looking for a couple of tenths 😆 or three ……………. 😀 and I all ready did measure it , and it should fit …………… come on guys … lets see YOUR intake manifolds 😮 big or small , tunnel ram or dual plane , and Ford Chevy or Chrys ❗ ……………. yea solid motor mounts with a chain , I use two rod ends with threaded ends left and right so you can twist it right up thought

tomatohead
                    Participant

…ok so lets skip the tunnel ram for now well have time later I promise 😀 anyway beleive it or not the Fairlane hasnt ever realy been charging of the alt 😮 when I loaded the car up for the Dover Drag Strip Race at Island last year it was not charging ❗ so I just charged the battery and figured I deal with it later at the track 😀 ……………that was last Nov and finelly this year I think I got IT ❗ the alt to charge 😀 ……. I myself have never converted a generator car to alt 🙁 tryed and I failed twice with the wiring 🙁 dont know what I did but it wasnt the right hook up ❗ … so I bought this one wire reg to bolt on to the back of the alt and hooked one wire and it s making 14.4 volts now 😀 what else can I say ❗ still have to aline the front end and get some mufflers on it and I will be driving to Marcus Dairy soon 😀 ❗ …… tomato yes there is a short video 😆 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zv4CV7fTy4

Attachments:

bossguy

Hey Mater, you working across the street from my job?

tomatohead
                            Participant

…………….. you mean “police station” 😀 ❓ …………….. I really try to avoid them ……..

mikey

Mater, that really is a nice car. I can’t wait to see it in person. Hey, about the alt. If all else fails, use a GM alt, 1 wire and done. Just be careful that the one you’ve got now doesn’t overcharge the battery. …………..Mikey 😆

bossguy

Mater, just west (toward Beacon) of the police station. They’re putting in 400 new apartments. Lots of earth movers over there.

dino
                                        Keymaster

You going to register it for the Street?

tomatohead
                                            Participant

… YES … its going to be reg for the street 😀 …….. its so I can start to get a little work done on the car , er I mean theres a straight away not to far from my house 2 mins away compared to 110 miles to the tracks ( the valley and Island ) you know just to drive it a little and check the brakes 😀

dino
                                                Keymaster

“check the Brakes” ? yeah right ….after an eigth mile burn 0ut…watch out for ‘the Man”

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

….. yes I will watch for him as I am going by , 😀

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

…… got a new camara for Dads day 😀 tach and a ign up grade from dual-points to electronic should juice things up a bit now that the alt is”putting out” 😯 …. ……. ………..

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

…………. ok ok ok you ever trip and drop something but no fall …. ???? …. , …… , …. and that something is your camara …. ????? …… and if thats not anything big ,….. my computor hadf a ViRus ….. and it was just enough to S%^&K but I think I am back on line , ……… now I know how “DINO” feels when he has crap with the site ………. state tune for a update on the fairlane soon as we get are pictures loading ❗ 😀 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 444 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.