More on the ’37 B/A

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR More on the ’37 B/A

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Maso…..Glad you did the photo shopped picture as you did and thanks to V Bob for sharing the pictures.
        I think that helps to show that it wasn’t Bill or Brian next to the car but a Dover official starter.
        It is amazing how some of these things can be put together with all the information collected from back in that time.
        Still have the question, who was the starter? Anybody remember him?

dino
        Keymaster

………………….outa the Park! Home Run…Found in my archives …sorting Everything I have today, and what do I trip over?…John Doyle’s photo CD. So heres the “birth’ of the “”37″…Shots at the B & T Texaco Station and Dover. Tow car only 5 years old!

Attachments:

tomblake
            Participant

Pretty cool about the history of the 37. It is amazing what comes out of the Dover site. Next we should have pictures of it going down the assembly line or in the show room. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
                Still have the open question about the starter. Dino or anyone.

maso
                Participant

One of these days…

We’re gonna find out who’s got it now and where it is today…!!!

I love it…!

This has got to be the second most interesting thread on DDS dot com after the one where someone discovered Helzapoppin’ One on e-Bay and Bobby Schlegel buys and rerstores it…!

dino
                    Keymaster

before my time…but this site is giving me an education on that…sounds like Smokey or one of the early guys might know..I’ll check with a few.

dino
                        Keymaster

I see where Tom has some concerns about the pictures, we all do ? but that is ME, Brian Doyle standing between the Stude and the 37, no doubt, period, even my brother John, confirms this.
                            The year 1964 or 1965, the Moon tank was put on the car by us in late 63 or 64 and stayed on the car until it was sold? The rear tires were recap wide white slicks we put on the car early on and were the only tires on the back whlie we owned the car.
                            Its all good, its fun and its great stuff, keep up the good work and if you have any questions just give a shout or email, thanks
                            Brian Doyle

tomblake
                            Participant

I hope no one thinks the thread on this car is anything more than interesting and fun. I enjoy the Dover site and the interesting information that has been posted on it.
                                Following the history of the 37 has been especially fun since we didn’t race the car that long, only part of one season but it has generated lots of interest.
                                But for only racing the car that short a time it has brought back lots of memories and some history I never knew.
                                I didn’t even know the car was a 37 and not a 39 till Maso pointed that out some time ago.

Brian….Do you know if the car was sold to Bill MacWilliams? Bill and I got the car back running again but is it possible there be someone between you and us?
                                When Bill purchased the car there was no fuel tank of any kind in it. The lawn mower gas can we put in the nose of the car was out of my E/G 55 Chevy.
                                The first picture of the car on this thread shows that gas can.
                                While we were running that car I started putting together the A/MSP fiberglass car and bought the pressure tank for it but installed it in the 37 first.
                                The wheels and tires were never changed by us, so they were most likely the ones you guys put on when you built the car. By the way you guys built a very fun 37 Ford, we enjoy the heck out of it.

Ok. Back to my question about the person between the cars on the starting line. I am referring to the guy standing on the black box between the cars.
                                That person, I still think is the track starter and I am posting several of the pictures from the Photo Gallery to see if anyone else remembers him. It looks to me like the same guy in all the pictures

Attachments:

mikey

Tom, he’s got to be the starter, but I can’t figure out who he is. Somebody from the F.T.A.?? πŸ˜• πŸ™„

maso
                                    Participant

Al Popalade’s daughter checked in here once before, maybe she’d know.

tomblake
                                        Participant

Went to the Plant City car show tonight and a green 37 Ford with a Chevy engine pulled in next to us. It sure felt like the old Dover Days again.

Hay Bill, if your watching the site, the car is for sale. Make a good car to bring to the 8th Dover race.

Attachments:

maso
                                            Participant

Could it be…???

:ugeek:

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.