More on the ’37 B/A

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR More on the ’37 B/A

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant
        quote Maso:

quote Gene Terenzio Sr.:

The teaser of tom blake and me racing , the question was asked in the begining of this tried, who won? did the teaser go to the finish line? if so who won? Gene.

Place your bets now…

Here’s another question for discussion: The Coupe’s W-Block ended up in the Modified Sportscar… and Gino’s nailhead ended up in the “Let It Fly” Altered… Did those cars ever line up together for a go at it…??? That might spark some memories…eh…?! 😆

I don’t remember the “Let it Fly” car but there is a lot of things I don’t seem to remember or got changed with time. The 409 from the ’37 did go into the fiberglass A/MSP car but it only ran Dover in 1966. What years did the “Let it Fly” car run at Dover?

Attachments:

gene-terenzio-sr
        Participant
            quote TomBlake:

quote Maso:

quote Gene Terenzio Sr.:

The teaser of tom blake and me racing , the question was asked in the begining of this tried, who won? did the teaser go to the finish line? if so who won? Gene.

Place your bets now…

Here’s another question for discussion: The Coupe’s W-Block ended up in the Modified Sportscar… and Gino’s nailhead ended up in the “Let It Fly” Altered… Did those cars ever line up together for a go at it…??? That might spark some memories…eh…?! 😆

I don’t remember the “Let it Fly” car but there is a lot of things I don’t seem to remember or got changed with time. The 409 from the ’37 did go into the fiberglass A/MSP car but it only ran Dover in 1966. What years did the “Let it Fly” car run at Dover?

Mid to end of 1966 to 1972 when i crashed it at maple grove, I do rember the name ODD JOB

tomblake
            Participant

Looks like there was only a slim chance we may have run each other after we made the engine transplants to the new cars. The “Let it Fly” car started running Dover as I was getting ready to move to South Carolina. I moved with the ODD JOB II car before the 1966 season finished.
                Not impossible but a slim chance. Now let’s see if someone can come up with the picture to show me wrong. This site has had that ability to come up with the impossible.
                Since Gene and I know we ran each other with the ’37 and the Studebaker but still don’t know who won, just maybe some will know if we raced each other with the new combination and can tell us who won.

dino
                Keymaster

Thats a tall order …we’ll check the video clips But give us a lttle time !

tomblake
                    Participant

Gene Terenzio Sr wrote…Mid to end of 1966 to 1972 when i crashed it at maple grove, I do rember the name ODD JOB[/quote]

Just looking back on dates of the ODD JOB II and what happened to it. I just realized a strange coincidence we must have crashed both cars about the same time. I crashed mine in Orangeburg SC in or about 1972 (don’t have the exact date)

tomblake
                        Participant

Just found the last time slip from Orangeburg South Carolina.
                            Date of the crash in Orangeburg was 10/19/67.
                            That was the last run of the day for top eliminator.

maso
                            Participant
                                quote TomBlake:

… As I posted earlier Bill MacWilliams supplied the car when we built this project. For the last 42 years I thought the car was a ’39. I called Bill last week to tell him about the Dover site …

When is Bill MacWilliams going to check into this site and see all this stuff for himself…???

tomblake
                                Participant

Hay Maso…..Bill is a member “wjm1942”. He has looked at the site but not posted anything. I don’t think he has seen the latest pictures, will try to contact him again. Thanks for the reminder.

maso
                                    Participant
                                        quote TomBlake:

Hay Maso…..Bill is a member “wjm1942”. He has looked at the site but not posted anything. I don’t think he has seen the latest pictures, will try to contact him again. Thanks for the reminder.

He ought to have something to add to this thread.
                                        ……Checked his profile: ‘last visited May 18….edit-dino’

tomblake
                                        Participant

We stopped in Macon GA on our way to the Dover race that was to be on Oct 18.
                                            We met Bill and gave him three pictures of our ’37 Ford from Dover. He hadn’t seem them because his computer was down.
                                            He was surprised to see such a good picture of the ’37 from back them.
                                            That’s why he hasn’t been on the site for some time but should be back soon.

Attachments:

maso
                                            Participant

I just got back from the Ford/Edison Museum in Ft. Meyers and they have a beautiful ’37 Ford Coupe there just like Tom and Bill’s but in dark blue.

billy-casey

Lets buy it and make a gasser out of it … 😆 😆 😆

maso
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote Billy Casey:

Phat Chance…!

It’s probably got the origional Dearborn paint job on it.

They had Model-T’s and Model-A’s too.

billy-casey

So What , I’ve destroyed many nice cars in my life , whats another one 😆 😆 😆 My 69 camaro was originally a SS396 , 375h.p. , 4spd , 4.10 posi ,black on black with white stripes . this became Super Pumpkin II …Who knew back then what these things would be worth

tomblake
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote Billy Casey:

When I saw Bill on the way up to the Oct 18th race he told me what he paid for the 37.
                                                                He bought the car for $150 but sold it for a huge profit $200. Wow a $50 profit, what a deal.
                                                                When he bought it there was no engine in it, maybe the deal wasn’t so good. 😆 😆 😆
                                                                I’d love to find a deal like that today.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 131 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.