More on the ’37 B/A

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR More on the ’37 B/A

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

HEY TOM…Guess what ? in viewing the VHS V-Bob sent (Part Of Our Big Video project) of his original 8mm footage ……theres the coupe RUNNING …That is an awfull tease …you’ll just have to wait 🙄

vbob
        Participant

Hey
            Dont forget all those still pics are from my slides which I’ll have setup for the Dover fest!!

‘V’

tomblake
            Participant

To try an answer the question quoted below:

I see a different looking tank in front and side panels under the hood. Are we absolutely sure that this is Tom Blake’s and Bill MacWilliam’s ’37 Ford.[/quote]

Talked to Bill about the tank. We changed from the non-pressurized tank and fuel pump to the aluminum pressure tank. It was a later addition and the side curtains were not always run. That should answer why the appearance is different between pictures.

tomblake
                Participant

Dino…..Are you suggesting the video might be of our ’37? if so that would be more than we would have ever expected.

dino
                    Keymaster

YEP…Think so …Sent BOBs VHS back to him…We did some computor tricks and copied it to DVD ….Now “MAybe” I can convince” papasmurf” to burn a copy for the nominal fee of ? + shipping, ….as long as it’s alright with the V-BOB. Hook up 2 VHS players and make a VHS copy… BUT why bother if it’s on a DVD already .Have to look at it and confirm the car ID .

tomblake
                        Participant

Dino…. When I read you response “YEP…Think so…” I called Bill to tell him there might be a video of the ’37 Ford racing at Dover. Both of us are pretty excited to see what the video shows. A video from more than 40 years ago of a thing we both liked back than and still have interest in today. Just amazing.

maso
                            Participant
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

HEY TOM…Guess what ? in viewing the VHS V-Bob sent (Part Of Our Big Video project) of his original 8mm footage ……theres the coupe RUNNING …That is an awfull tease …you’ll just have to wait 🙄

All this new found information will lead to interesting voice overs for the video project if you decide to do it that way.

I can’t wait to see this stuff for myself. Maybe I will spot myself as a kid in the pits…eh…???

tomblake
                                Participant

Dino….is it possible for us to view the DVD?

maso
                                    Participant
                                        quote video Bob:

These guys raced at Charlestown ,R.I. dragstrip!!
                                        How many peps out there can say they raced there??
                                        Lets see the show of hands!!!
                                        He’ll come around !!

‘V’Bob

Okay…okay…

Go see: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=669

Right now…!

dino
                                        Keymaster

HAVE CHANGED “BENCH RACING HEADING” TO INCLUDE “OTHER TRACKS -60’s70′ ….. so move Non-Dover discussions to there

tomblake
                                            Participant
                                                quote ANTHONY R. TERENZIO:

The red stuedabaker is my brother Gene’s car

Is brother Gene’s Studabaker still around and what was in that car?

anthony-terenzio

No he choped the roof off to make a roadster out of it and it did’nt work out too well
                                                    I think I had a 401 nail head /ALSO I see you live in Lakland we will be in Bradenton for the points race February come by and see us
                                                    will have the RYCO TA/FC we won this race last year. ANTHONY

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Bradenton sounds good, will try and remember February.

maso
                                                        Participant
                                                            quote TomBlake:

Bradenton sounds good, will try and remember February.

http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/

gene-terenzio-sr
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote video Bob:

Hey
                                                                That’s a pic from my orginal slide!!
                                                                Hers another from upstairs!

‘V’Bob

That is My stude, it had a 401 buick the same engine we ran in the A/A later on, I did cut the top but to chop it not to make a roadster, thing is I dont know crap about body work and all the kings horses and all the kings men couldint put the top back on so i junked it, funny thing i dont remember racing it, but there it is, the hole in the fender was the ex, I had a oil filter can from an old buick welded to the headers and then to the mufflers i was abel to cap it off with the top of the filter housing so i could drive it on the street, Oh Dino, see if you can get a spell check program, i flunked lunch.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 131 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.