News And Notes From Brian Marasco’s Searches

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION News And Notes From Brian Marasco’s Searches

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

First …It’s Brian’s sons Birthday tomorrow ! Edward will be 10.You saw him as our Ace helper At the Nostalgia Drags .He worked his Butt off at the “Goodie Booth” and was complimented by many as “a nice,polite Kid’ ! Thanks Edward! And Happy Birthday. Daddy Brian (our Track Historian) was my right hand man at the Drags …Helping where-ever the occasion arrived. For you New comers …it was Brian’s Enthusiasm for ‘Anything” Dover, that inspired this website. Now Brian Has a killer GTO ,but informs Me -He’s Going Racing ! too much looking and not on the track . He has got another Pontiac!…..But this one isn’t like his ‘cruiser’ .Oh no…It’s a ’70 GTO with a 455 and a Cage ! (10 second Bracket car) .That will be his ‘winter project’! Hmmmmm…..need another helper ! Edward will be in the Pits with Dad !

dino
        Keymaster

He Doesn’t STOP!…was at track again last weekend with Krosky and others …Just informed me, he scored about 250 MORE color slides from Roger Hibbert-former track official in early sixties and might be able to “procure” some other ‘relics’ from the Bethel,Ct. Dover guy. Slides being converted now.

dover1320

Found ! Donny Calandro’s stash cool pic’s from march& April 69 snow on the sides of the strip! and more he will run at next Drags with his Hemi rail. There’s also pic’s with Bobby Lagana ”70” and a real piece of history to go with new gallery more on that from Dino. BRIAN M.

dino
                Keymaster

Brian said He’s got a copy from Donny of THE bill of sale from Dave Hodgeman, selling “Plain Busted” to him..Funny car -$1400. 😮 and some Great Photos of it Never seen …He’s always searching …never stops!

dino
                    Keymaster

Just Got more Photos From Brian Today…Clem Lachance’s Toolbox, and some other relics he has “aquiered”…will post in appropriate heading.

dino
                        Keymaster

Forgot about this Topic…Good place to Post Brians latest findings. Today He just hooked up with Ralph Feola’s son Chris ,and is currently scanning …great stuff …never before seen photos…. The Vette was put back to stock and we have photos now of Ralph’s Wagon. Good stuff from ’73 too . Also scored a Great DVD from Cindy he’s sending me.Other hits at other garages include many old magazines and Ned stuff. Heading To A Bikers house who won in ’75 that has photos and trophies. One of the last Bike winners at Dover. More to follow. He has a lot of calls to reply to and places to visit …He’s on the Case !

dover1320

Hey going into overtime today i hung with Chris Feola a cool guy with some gems never seen before and the stories to go with them. We all know Ralph kicked #ss at the track and not just Dover. Chris is building a 71 nova and races a dirt car . We lived a couple of miles from each other and knew the same people but never met before. So look for the Feola gallery soon, later I made another stop for more treasures but more on that later . Brian

dover1320

Some new stuff coming to the form and museum to be announced all week i’will be tearing up the countryside collecting things in tri state area also many new leads. Brian

babycakes
                                    Participant

Just wanted to wish Edward a HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY! You couldn’t get a more mannerable hard working boy then he is Dino and within the next few years perhaps hopping into his Dad’s G.T.O tearing up the 1/4 mile ! Have a good one Edward !!!

patina
                                        Participant

Pete check out the DATE of Edwards birthday announcment 😆 😆 He will be 11 soon 😮 😮 Also I bought another drag news magazine with Merkle running Montgomary if your friend is interested, let me know.

Pat

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

Hey Brian, keep up the great work ! But I really don’t think that you consider
                                                this work ! :=) I always see a big smile on your face. I didn’t get a chance to talk
                                                with you at Island. I was only there for Saturday, and a lot going on there. BUT, I
                                                want to give you a “thumbs up” on your GTO performance !!! 🙂
                                                Frank…

babycakes
                                                Participant

Patina Pat hold that extra Merkel copy for me,yes I want it ! Thanks Pete

dover1320

Thanks Frank i saw you too but then you were gone we’ll hang soon with Bob in Wingdale.

frank-j-majauskas
                                                        Participant

It sounds like a plan Brian ! A very GOOD plan !!!! 🙂 🙂
                                                            Frank…

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Brian is Really hitting the highway lately searching stuff out…He just got more phone calls of things to track down

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.