News And Notes From Brian Marasco’s Searches

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION News And Notes From Brian Marasco’s Searches

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Brian Hit a Giant Car Show in Kingston today…Had his GTO on display.Home runs all around …plenty of Dover Guys-Great Car club connections And Get This….He thinks he’s FOUND THE ORIGINAL Christmas TREE ! -Really ! …he’s heading out to see it tomorrow.

dover1320

More day by day the old tree is said to be in my area at a old shop also some new stuff coming to the forum 1975-76 i am waiting on a call to see bike drag photo’s from 75. Dover shirts going like hot cakes at weekend car shows too !! Brian M

dino
            Keymaster

Brian really on the move lately…today he was at Jungle Georges ! Hawthorne Auto parts. I’ll let him fill ya in.

mikey

Brian called me the other day, said he found some pics of the Datsun truck I ran in P/Stock. Ran the truck 19 times, won 18 trophies. Snapped off the shifter the 4th time I raced it. I had a lot of fun with that truck. Took it to the 73 Summer Nationals, and they would not let me run it. Said there was no such truck in the books, only a B-210 car. I could have smoked them, that thing would run almost a full second under the record at that time. Oh well. ………Mikey 😆

dover1320

Today was cool… hung with George Olszewski of ”Hawthorne” Auto Parts. At same location over 40 years .He had many cars run out of his place and personal cars. George’s pictures coming soon to the site.He was there right up to the last day, he said he even sold his car when Dover closed.He didn’t want to run anywhere else.They have a lot of speed parts, more than I have seen in a long time .I’m going back soon . Brian m

dino
                        Keymaster

Brian Infiltrated the Track again today and did “recon” in Wingdale.They All know him Now!.He made some moves on 50th contats and even got into the American Legion.Of Course had to say hi to Lisa at the Post Office and ended up selling Dover stuff all over ! .He can give you the details…. Brian -tell them about the Other Ariel shots we’re getting .

dover1320

more and more stuff …getting aerial photos from uncle sam -get this Dino, Dover before Dover …yes have 1959 shot before it all started, just cows racing. Other years 67, 80, 94,. Dover Original T-shirt with metal flake on its way to me ,1 of 3 known to still exist, and of course more pictures . I had lunch at my favorite pizza place ”Cousins”, Bam!- sold him a Dover poster for thier wall …they wanted thier peace of history. Then over to Murphy’s speed shop with my new Black Arrow pictures ,with Fred in them -he loved those. The track property was just mowed and looks good …the survey will be next. Brian M.

dover1320

Today an early Dover racer stopped by and looked though the museum i had a few pics of his crosly a/altered .TOM Jamison ran 62-66 he has some of his own pics that he took, now in The ODF files he ran the little giant and many other big names then. Back on the road tomarrow to CT for more stuff. Brian

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY
                                        Brain just called from Shelton,Connecticut!!
                                        He has a search warrant for a house there with DDS goods!!!!
                                        The Valley isnt a safe haven from Brian !!!
                                        Oh, Shelton ,home of the Wiffle Ball http://www.wiffle.com/,maybe he’ll get some leads on Blakes gold 55 gasser ????

‘V’

tomblake
                                        Participant
                                            quote video Bob:

,maybe he’ll get some leads on Blakes gold 55 gasser ????
                                            ‘V’

I like the sound of that. That sure would be a fun car to restore back to the way it was during the Dover days.

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY

Brians updated cell call at 12:34 ,the Shelton,Ct. search and seizure went well.DDS goods are loaded and headed back to Brians DDS Museum in Kingston, N.Y.!! I didnt get the mans name but he raced an Olds and others at DDS from the 60’s into the 70’s!!Way ta go Brian !!Brian was short on time so heading straight back to N.Y. We will hookup next week and recon Wingdale for the beer pizza gig and start to survey the old DDS site for the 50th!!

‘V’

dino
                                                Keymaster

Brian is On The Move…nothings safe from our DDS historian. Museum is going to need another room!

dover1320

The GTO stormed Wingdale today with Joe Forte’s 67 A/MP original chevelle from Dover all locals looking and recalling some stopping traffic to look at the cars. I located never seen pic’s from 74 womans pro stock meet… this hot stuff chicks with go-go boots and Big blocks!. The sun was out and we pulled up to the line, well where it use to be for some photo’s . The library now has a table for me to work at when I am in town, they love the history too . Brian.M

fastlane

WOW ! 😯 I WAS THERE THIS AFTERNOON AROUND 3 P.M. I WENT INTO THE DINER TO TAKE A SQUIRT AS I WAS COMING BACK FROM CANNAN CT THRU THE SHARON CT AREA AND WENT DOWN THRU DUTCHESS COUNTY TO RT.55 . I DROVE UP INTO THE FRONT GATE / OLD DOVER ENTRANCE TO TAKE A LOOK DOWN AT THE TRACK AND THEN GOT BACK IN MY VAN AND WENT BACK TO STAMFORD. COLD UP THERE TODAY ONLY IN THE 40S . I DIDNT KNOW YOU GUYS WERE UP THERE I KNOW JOE FORTE PERSONALLY HE WORKED ON BOTH MY CHEVELLES THE 67 AND MY 68 I OWN NOW. I TRYED TO CALL HIM LAST NITE AT HIS HOUSE AND EVEN TRYED THE CELL NUMBER BUT TO NO AVAIL. NOW I KNOW WHERE YOU GUYS WERE HIDING. I SAW ON HERE HE WAS GOING TO MEET BRIAN AT THE WINGDALE DINER EITHER FRIDAY NITE ? OR WAS IT THIS SATURDAY / LAST NITE . CHRIS FASTLANE . 😮

dino
                                                            Keymaster

you Old Farts just can’t stay away from the place …can ya? guess I got the times wrong or Brian changed his date.Funny…think they were down at the shut down area and you were at the gate. We Be some funny old dudes now. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.