News And Notes From Brian Marasco’s Searches

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION News And Notes From Brian Marasco’s Searches

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Need Some Updates Here Brian…Know you were in Danbury-Bethel Area Today…What else to report in the last couple of monthes?

dover1320

Very busy this week meet Mike Vaast also talked to Paul Vaast hooked us up with there collection of slides. The most impressive yet i think, they did it all from racing to takin great pics at Dovers finest period. Then i met with Gary Hatstat from Danbury Dino set that up with perfect timing. Gary took pics from late 67 stuff never seen before good match race photos they all we be added to gallery soon. I just got done two days at Rhinebeck then to Pauling right next to Wingdale and going all out on that.Just caught local news on tv and saw my Dover banner at Rhinebeck coverage that was cool!!!!. Dino did a great job on the banner Thanks Dino. Brian

dino
            Keymaster

Heres Brians Set-upIn Pawling Sunday

Attachments:

dover1320

Today I did 51 pictures never seen before from 1971. Then hung with the Twisten Texan and spoke to Tony Mone ‘Odd Job’ it sounds like I was in the gasser pits, summer 71 and yes the pics will be on forum soon. Brian.

hvy70ss
                    Participant

Brian,
                        Just want to say thanks for ALL of your tireless efforts. Can’t wait to see your latest pics.

Bobby Smith

dino
                        Keymaster

Those latest Shots are from Paul Vaast….WHO just happened to walk into my shop today ,on his way from Florida to Conn. He picked up his ODF Member goodies and ya might see him at a cruise this weekend up there.Small world.

dino
                            Keymaster

OLD Posters continue to surface…Brian just found a contact for A Yankee Peddler Match Race..So far we have Nitro Coupes-Aug 1969….Soul Showdown-’71…IVO vs Prudhomne…..Summer Jam -74….and a lead on Shott vs. Paula Murphy.

dover1320

Dont forget poster for Sept 11 1966 Hurst Hemi Underglass for those mopar guys. I ran at the Valley sat. with Sir Lee Valentine, Pat Molle at A few other Dover Guys .The Goat went a blazing 10.60 at 126 mph with more in it .

hvy70ss
                                    Participant

Brian…10.60!! Nice pass. Congrats. Looks like this years Dover race may have a bunch of mid 10 second cars drivin by ODF’s. Can we say heads up match race??? My “orange crate” will be there. Who wants in for braggin rights?? We’ll race for one of those new shirts Dino just did. Thanks Dino!! LOl!!

Smitty 😀

dino
                                        Keymaster

heres a quick teaser shot on the Fuel Coupe poster….classic date …same day as Woodstock. “Action…Action” “hair Raising Runs”? 🙄 . . . love the spelling of ‘Coups’

Attachments:

dover1320

New photos coming from 74-76 taken by my a custodian from my old school . i ran into him at a car show he saw my dover shirt and it brought back some good memories. Brian

dover1320

I am wokin on the never seen John Gunn Private collcetion do to the film type it will cost a few hundred dollars but as we know history has to be saved . Stay tuned. Brian

dover1320

New film from 71/ 72 Dover and island drag way with Mikey and friends great stuff on here blue max verse hawaiian cops cousin the pits joe Kenny / Ralph f . Gunn, Hoffman, Casey, adesso. . Even two school buses of people parked on spectator side. Cool wheel standes , m&m dart , real thing jr, much more. Brian.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Brian mentioned Hawaiian and then sent me Rick Hanmore ( Newburgh) Photo Collection to scan & Post in the ODF Galleries. Found this in the batch…That isn’t the Blue Max…Its a a red vega from Div. 4 ‘Land of the Good Guys” …# 405 SO funny car freaks…whose car is it ? ? ? Did Beadle have a RED CAR?

Attachments:

cullyflower

The red vega #405 is Mart Higgenbothams Drag-on vega.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.