"Plain Busted"

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? "Plain Busted"

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Hi Bill,

I think the Dover photo was late 1966 or early 1967. Smokey gave me that pic. We ran the car with the Dick Carrs name on it for the first year. He was the former owner of the car in CA. We ran several times at dover as we needed as much practice as we could get, we went from running my B/S 427 Impala to 2400 lbs Nitro. A big jump. I can tell you that we ran the car with the Dick Carr name on it at the Super Stock Nationals at Cecial County. And the following year, the Super Stock Nationals was held at New York National Speedway and the car was already updated and renamed Plain Busted. Here is a photo of us running against Wild Bill Flynn, Yankee Peddler at NY National. If you know the years of those events, that should give us an answer. My mind has lost track of the exact years.

Regards
        Andy

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

That is one great shot…would like to get it in high res. so I can enlarge, crop and clean it up ! after posted as 72 dpi …it’s toast to fix. So you do have some more photos ,you’re holding out on ! Funny….thats theS/S nats. that I designed the logo for. OH…by the way WHO WON.,……

anonymous

Hi Dino,

I will send a photo of that shot without that vintage drag club on it.

Andy

anonymous

Dino,

You can answer the question then. What year was that S/S Nationals at New York, so we can try to figure out what year that Dover picture was taken.

Andy

storm-king-2

Andy,
                        I went to the first S/S nationals at York. The “Woodstock” of drag racing. That was just before I got drafted, & went to work for my uncle. Between Sept of 65, to Sept of 67 I didn’t get to keep up with events. Truthfully, I don’t remember the S/S Nats being held at NY National, but that could just be a senior moment. ( I don’t know what the mexicans had to do with this )
                        Like Dino said- who won?

Bill

ps – I went to watch, didn’t bring our max wedge.

tomblake
                        Participant

1966 was the year of the S/S Nationals at New York, National Speedway . Ran that event with the A/MSP.

anonymous

Thanks Tom,

That answers that question. I guess the S/S Nationals was 1965 at Cecil County? And that would put the photo at Dover to 1965????

Andy

dino
                                Keymaster

TOM’S Right About ’66 …Did the design and graduated the same year.

storm-king-2

The first Super Stock Nationals was in 1965 at York Dragway in Pa. It was the wildest thing I ever saw. The police couldn’t keep the spectators off the starting line. When they tried, fans in the stands threw cans & bottles at them. The Hemi Under Glass couldn’t get to the line to make his run. He just stood it on the bumper, & the crowd parted in front of it, & closed back in behind it. Crazy!!
                                        Every S/S, & AF/X who was anybody was there.
                                        Bill

anonymous

Wow, that must of been some show. Any photo’s?

Andy

vbob
                                            Participant

Hey
                                                While up in the attic I came across this post card I bought at NYN !
                                                The banner clearly says Super Stock Nats.
                                                Not sure the year

‘V’

Attachments:

anonymous

Very Nice

vbob
                                                    Participant

The card is very nice to see but the scan looks like s—!!

‘V’

anonymous

They always had big crowds at at NY National. That was one great track.

Andy

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Seems like the National track was short lived. Anyone know how long it ran?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.