"Plain Busted"

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? "Plain Busted"

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    cullyflower

The website http://www.dragracingimagery.com has photos from events at NY National from 1966 to 1977.
        This seems to be about right from what I remember.

storm-king

The picture of Ramchargers running “Jakes Speed” (Candies and Hughes in the early days from what I’ve heard) clearly shows the Ramchargers car as their 1966 tube chassis Dart.

anonymous

Hey Tom,

NY National closed in the early ’80s. I have several photos from the track and also have video. I will start a new post and start putting up stuff about the track online.

Andy

dino
                Keymaster

GOOD IDEA ! ” NEW TOPIC” ….SHOULD GO IN “BENCH RACING ” SEE NEW HEADING DISCRIPTION ….–>”And Other Tracks ”
                    Perfect place for this, and saw the Need for A “Home” for These Stories >>>>Dino

anonymous

Hi Guys,

The Super Stock Nationals was run at NY National in 1966 and 1968. In 1967 it was at Cecil County. The photo I posted running against the Yankee Pedaler, I think was from NY National in 1968?

Andy

dino
                        Keymaster

Just got this from Clark R….all the way from Texas !(Have a lot to go through!) Andy …Merry Christmas !

Attachments:

billy-casey

I’m pretty sure thats Charlie Castaldo looking on with the sun glasses… Billy

anonymous

Hey Dino and Clark R,

Thanks for the photo. That was my old friend Charlie in the photo and looks like it might be the same day as the photo Smokey sent me of the car with the guys back to us who I thoght looked like charlie.

Thanks again,
                                    Andy Panessa

anonymous

Hey Dino and Clark R,

Thanks for the photo. You are correct Bill Casey, that was my old friend Charlie in the photo and looks like it might be the same day as the photo Smokey sent me of the car with the guys back to us who I thoght looked like charlie.

Thanks again,
                                        Andy Panessa

dino
                                        Keymaster

We’re getting so many sources of photos …you mean we have the same “moment” from 2 differant anlges ! and the photographers didn’t know each other Til Now !

dino
                                            Keymaster

And the Hits keep coming …’nother ‘Busted at ? track ? Sent in by Andy hisself…thats him packin the chute. Photo from Dick Towers (match -race-madness.com ) Used with permission

Attachments:

anonymous

Thanks Dino for posting that picture of Plain Busted. I think that was taken at a funny car meet at Cecil County Md. That is me packing the chute.
                                                    Here is Plain Busted before it became a funny car. It was Bill Maverick Golden’s SS/A car.

Andy

Attachments:

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Just Talked to Dick Towers in Calif. who could have been the original source for that Shot At Cecil.. He’s working with us in supplying some photos to Randy Fish for a new series in Drag Racer Magazine: “Funny Cars–Stone age to Space Age”…Ol’ Plain Busted “might” be in the mix. Dick runs a photo website and is “caretaker” to some fantastic Collections he’s managed to save from distruction.

Check him out at —> http://www.match-race-madness.com

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Dick’s a cool guy …we talked on phone and that Shot of Plain Busted Was sent to Randy FROM Dick in Hi-res…ther’e buddies too…(to be a part of the Article) , cause the one we had was e-mailed kinda grainy. Issue out any day now.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Funny how this Forum and website works sometimes ! …Another chapter in “Where did Plain Busted End up?”…Get This : Pat Spatafore ( user name pxfiles) LIVES 10 minutes from Andy -Plain Busted. Had some trouble logging in AND in the course of talking to him on the phone …HE says He bought Plain Busted from Don Calandro and eventually sold it to some Fireman in southern westchester ….SO hooked them both up …come to find out They both worked with each other way back even. So Andy and Pat are going hunting together to find where the car ended up And Pat’s gonna help Andy get his Camaro ready ! ….10 minutes apart & the forum got things going ……Cool !

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.