Runnin’ The Bridge

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Runnin’ The Bridge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

As always John,,,,,,,,,,Very cool……………….Don………..

dino
        Keymaster

Look close on the”Bird”…A rolling tribute to Dover, Frankie and Azzarito’s- same “sponsor” on Smokey’s Henry J.- Frankies Dad.

Attachments:

anonymous

GREAT STORY….Enjoy hearing about everyone’s stories from the “Dover Drag Strip Era” and of course the one’s that I can really relate to….
                I remember “The Bridge”….ran there many a night in the early 60’s….
                Thanks for the memory….

dino
                Keymaster

When I worked for Custom Vans in Danbury (75-76), we used that boat ramp and lake for background of our catalog cover . Got it someplace in the ‘closet” …I’ll dig it out and post.

billy-casey

John , that was great , what a wonderful tribute to your friend and my new hero … Lil Frankie… Billy

don-kauer

John has Lil Frankie in his life in one way or another all the time….I think it’s great. You’re keeping him alive with what he loved………Good man John………………………………Don……….

dino
                            Keymaster

Like that center Photo!…Gotta re-write Beach Boys “Shut-Down” …’It happened on the Bridge ,where the road is wide’

don-kauer

Checked em’ out John………………Very cool…….Great shots……….Don……..

anonymous

I remember when the bridge races were attracting cars from all over Ct. A friend of mine, Mel Ebstein, flipped his 55 Chevy convertible at the end one night. The following week the cops were waiting in the bushes and arrested everyone there. The arrest made many Ct. newspapers. I never heard much about the bridge after that.

billy-casey

Hi John , I noticed there was NO sign that said that drag racing is prohibited 😈 😈 😈 😆 😆 😆

don-kauer

John, I don’t think The Pumpkin has ever been that fast so Billy would be legal there…………Casey that’s got to get a rise out of you……………..Don………

smokey-dragct
                                                Participant

john your story at the bridge sure brings back a lot of memories.i remember everybody going there. remember the night i was runing the corvette and blew my motor in my 55 chevy. it was worth it as the guy had a big mouth. those were the good old days hanging out at azzaritos gas station and talking to you and lil frankie.everybody use to come looking for me to go to the bridge. you and lil frankie were’t old enough to drive yet so i would take you to dover on sundays with me.those were the days and we still have our memories.
                                                    smokey

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Smokey ! …How could You?…Engage in an Illegal Speed Contest on Public Highways. shame on you.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

………………………And You 😉

tomblake
                                                            Participant

12.5 mph should keep everyone out of trouble.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.