Runnin’ The Bridge

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Runnin’ The Bridge

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Dino, If you do a Hangout thread like John is talking about I have a few good Westchester hangout stories…….Don..

dino
        Keymaster

….You Got it ! right under Bench racing ,above Speed Shops on the Indx page …Great Idea .

dino
            Keymaster

Found It …The cover of Custom Vans inc. Catalog from like ’77 …thats the boat ramp at one end of bridge. All the paint jobs-my work and “Trickey Ricky” Russell’s. (He now runs the ‘Stormin StoveBolt’ …was at Nostalgia Drags).The short wheelbase Chevy in center won best paint at Maratta’s Hartford Car Show.then the place burned down and owner Rich Barchi reopened a trim shop just down the street.I started there in ’75….Didn’t Go to Dover that year at all …then It was gone next spring.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster
                    quote donkauer:

John, I don’t think The Pumpkin has ever been that fast so Billy would be legal there…………Casey that’s got to get a rise out of you……………..Don………

Hey …Found This -1969 Casey wins Street Elim…Goes ‘slower to in Class …Was that a “GOOD “time Billy ?:

Attachments:

billy-casey

Hi Dino , Billy here , WOW …this is unreal … in the class final , the other guy either fouled or broke , in 69 I still had a fairly weak drive train so I had to save the parts for the elim. , had to change the left axle every 3 to 4 runs , went home smellin like 90w oil every week … 11:51 was OK back then… 😀 😀 😀 Billy

dino
                        Keymaster

VETERANS DAY—NOVEMBER 11
                            http://www1.va.gov/opa/vetsday/vetdayhistory.asp < Just in case you young guys need some ‘background”
                            . . . . . and for all you New Guys -Heres All About ‘Little Frankie” mentioned :
                            http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2164&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=frankie

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

I guess “Running The Bridge” will take on a New Meaning this year.

dino
                                Keymaster

Hold on guys……….when John gets it up to 88 mph, you’re gonna see some serious s##t . . . . . .

dino
                                    Keymaster

jus about now, John is rolling the Vette out to make his Run.Car has Little Frankie on it And Casey Decal …..for guys that loved the race experiance…they get a ride ” In The Spirit” every year with “the Run’ . Open the headers John.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Ah: whats the tach & speedo say?

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

If You Ever Ran the Bridge or want to just remember….How ’bout Race Winner Stickers with the four spans on it ?

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY
                                                    Forward all mail for John and Frank to the Southbury State Police barracks Southbury ,Ct.!!!
                                                    Hey, and here I was sitting in the garage in the Vega with the practice tree all morning!!How did I miss this??

‘V’

mikey

I think that’s really cool. We had a similar deal in upstate N.Y. between Beacon and Cold Spring. It was a tunnel, about an 1/8th of a mile. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, did the “tunnel test” as it was known. It didn’t matter what you were driving, or when you did it, you just did it. But, you had to have someone with you that was at least somewhat reliable, to verify your MPH. Good job, guys. ………Mikey 😆

hvy70ss
                                                        Participant

Mikey….know right where ya talkin about. Next to the Metro North (formerly NY Central) train tracks. Remember the Breakneck Lodge restaurant??

Smitty

dino
                                                            Keymaster
                                                                quote video Bob:

HEY
                                                                Forward all mail for John and Frank to the Southbury State Police barracks Southbury ,Ct.!!!
                                                                Hey, and here I was sitting in the garage in the Vega with the practice tree all morning!!How did I miss this??

‘V’

>>>>> No Bail Money …Hey – state road guys helped !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.