Runnin’ The Bridge

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Runnin’ The Bridge

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Stand By…Another Veterans day -another Run for Frankie at the bridge

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Hey Rox, Nice to see you dusted off the Indian to make the Bridge Run….
            Nothing like “Runnin” the Bridge to bring out the emotions โ— Did you hear
            Little Frankie and Mr Speed yelling, Faster, Faster โ— ๐Ÿ˜› Great Job John โ—

Frank…..

tomblake
            Participant

Never been to the bridge. Just how long is it?
                I’d bet Little Frankie and Mr Speed were proud.

bossguy

Great job John, I like that tin Indian!

babycakes
                    Participant

I second the motion! GREAT JOB guys!!!!

dino
                        Keymaster

Hmmmm…make a cool 1/8 mile strip.

frank-j-majauskas
                            Participant

Well today John Shimer (ROXREC) and I made the Bridge Run “2012” with John’s “72
                                big block, 4 speed Corvette in honor of our buddy, Billy “SPEED” Casey. Today was
                                Billy’s birthday and he would have been 66. “Gone too soon” !! I’m sure I heard Billy
                                laughing as we made that run across the bridge. ๐Ÿ˜† Rest in Peace our friend. You
                                are not forgotten โ— โ—
                                Frank…

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                Participant

…….. I love the vette ๐Ÿ˜€ ….. WE ALL MISS BILLY โ— ……..I was very LUCKY to have met him and have him take me under his wing the way he DID โ— โ— A MAN I watched for years โ— and then for me to meet him at ISLAND THE 1st RACE โ— and for him to treat me the way he did โ— LIKE we had been FRIENDS FOREVER โ— there are NONE BETTER โ— …… I MISS HIM AS MUCH AS ANY OF YOU DOVER GUYS โ— โ— ………………………………………………………………………………….. what else can I say ,but running the bridge is next ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

casey-s-sister

Thank you guys. I told our brother Eddie the story of the “runnin’ the bridge” and he was thankful that you all remember Billy. As much as you all truly appreciated him, Billy without a doubt felt the same way about all of you. Once again thanks for keeping the bridge vigil on 8/9. ๐Ÿ˜†

babycakes
                                        Participant

Frank and John,what ‘BIG’ hearts you guys have! Your the BEST!!!!!! Pete.

don-kauer

Just a quick line… Shimer will be out there tomorrow morning in honor of “Little Frankie” and all of our fallen vets ๐Ÿ˜Ž :D…Pics to come………..

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

Hey Guys, I’m making this post for John Shimer (ROXREC)’ Nice job John โ—
                                                    Everyone should have a friend like you โ— ๐Ÿ˜›
                                                    Frank…

John writes: Thank you, Little Frankie – thanks to all veterans. Made three runs before
                                                    trans started slipping (Little Frankie would to proud that I trashed something), then on to
                                                    Williams Park to look at flag pole….

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                    Participant

One more that is the true meaning of friendship โ— โ—

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Thanks John for the 2012 edition and thanksFrank For posting

For those Of you New to this Bridge Thing…John Shimer Does it every year in honor of “Little Frankie” on Veterans Day
                                                            Found this stiff from years past so ya don’thave wade through all the posts :

http://thewall-usa.com/guest.asp?recid=1781

“Wall” website -under Frankies name …”See you at Dover” decal .Probably the only referance for a Vet there of Dover.Frankie and Rox would be taken to Dover By Smokey every Sunday,before they couild drive. Thats the connection, and Smokey had Azzarito as a sponsor on his Henry J gasser.Like so many other lost Dover “family”… we hope we don’t forget , by remembering them here.

Smokey Relates:
                                                            smokey-dragct ยป Wed Feb 03, 2010
                                                            I KNEW LITTLE FRANKIE SINCE HE WAS AROUND 9 YEARS OLD. THEN I MET HIS FRIEND JOHN. THEY WERE SOME PAIR GREAT KIDS.I TOOK LITTLE FRANKIE AND JOHN WITH ME ON SUNDAYS UP TO DOVER.I WORKED PART TIME MOSTLY IN THE WINTER FOR BIG FRANK AT AZZARITOS ESSO. I WAS THERE THE DAY THE MARINES CAME TO TELL HIM THAT HIS SON WAS MISSING IN ACTION.BIG FRANK WAS NEVER THE SAME AFTER THAT.SAD DAY FOR ALL. JOHN WAS A GREAT FRIEND AND HE HAS KEPT LITTLE FRANKIES MEMORY ALIVE ALL THESE YEARS.GOD BLESS YOU JOHN AND LITTLE FRANKIE.
                                                            SMOKEY

babycakes
                                                            Participant

If everybody in the world every day,had the kindness,and thoughtfulness that John Shimer has,there would never be any wars to worry about; just peace and harmony through our lifetime to enjoy! Just my thoughts,and wishful thinking,whether or not it will ever happen?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.