The End of One and the Begining of Another

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING The End of One and the Begining of Another

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

……… “BABYCAKES” 😀 thanks you very much for the good luck charm 😀 , must have been a real nice bird you had 😀 …….. well the race is over and the fairlane is parked again ❗ ………. so back to work and this is what the “cat” dragged in ❗ …. 62 T-Bird 390 cu in’s of FORD POWER 😀 ……….. will be putting a new gas tank and lines , radiator hoses , valve cover gaskets , power steering lines , fuel pump battery , battery cables , frezze out plugs , all 4 wheel brake job , new tires ………………………………………… it does run now , this guy told me he knows Ronnie Milanese , said he raced against Ronnie ,( on the street) in his a 57 OLDS with the 3×2 special motor and, Ronnie had a 62 vette ❗ ❓ 🙄 we gotta get hold of Ronnie , unless John Sachs , ( John it was GREAT shakin hands with you at the RACE ❗ 😀 it was my PLEASURE ❗ ) can fill us in ❓ ❓ he used to live in Katonah NY , were “DINO” used to live :!:…………………… He STILL has the OLDS !! 😮 !!! …… but as “DINO ” would say “MAN that thing is RUFF” ❗ 😮 its on his property next to the garage where this T-Bird was, ❗ …… I am trying to get him to let me take some pictures ………………………………………………………………..

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

T-Head…I believe Ronnie passed away…the T-Bird looks solid , and body in good condition…Lets make it a gasser!

patina
            Participant

Dino my friend Dan with the 68 Cougar that we go to the track with, has a 62 T-bird thats all set up to race its in the body shop now.

Pat

babycakes
                Participant

Dino is right Mater,Ronnie passed away last August.When I talked to John Sachs at the Dover 4,I meant to ask him if it was something Ronnie was fighting for awhile,or came on all of a sudden? Sad we lost another friend and Dover legend.

john-sachs-sr
                    Participant
                        quote Babycakes:

Dino is right Mater,Ronnie passed away last August.When I talked to John Sachs at the Dover 4,I meant to ask him if it was something Ronnie was fighting for awhile,or came on all of a sudden? Sad we lost another friend and Dover legend.

Ronnie’s health was failing. Shows how fragile life is when you are an ODF.
                        Take advantage of seeing old friends, and acquaintences. 💡 😉
                        John

don-kauer

Hey John………..It’s amazing how these kids throw all of us old guys names around 😆

bobby-s

Hi John
                                I have this picture on my computer work station, Ron was a one of a kind for sure. A lot of history in this picture. Was good seeing you & Bill sunday, Bobby

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                Participant

…..this is very sad news , since I wasnt payiny attenion , or did not know , I am very sorry to have missed this …………… I will tell Bobby Kurtz that Ronnie has passed ………………………. Bobby owns the T -Bird and the Olds with the 3×2 dueces and Hurst shifter …………….. I will get some pictures of the car ………. again I am very sorry ,to hear this , … but Like “CASEY” I am sure “RONNIE” 😀 was smileing when he hear this story of OLD street racing in Westchester County 😀 ❗ …………………………………….. tomato

babycakes
                                    Participant

Mater,talking to John Sachs at the Dover 4,he’s like the Energizer-Bunny! He keeps going and going on building racing motorcycle engines,non stop!!! He showed me his knuckles (twice the size) from work performed on cyl. heads alone! A gifted and mechanical craftsman! I know he got a big kick out of driving the Biscayne,down the 1/4.He had a big smile,afterwards,coming down the return road.Another living ‘legend’ from Dover days!

tomatohead
                                        Participant

…………….. like I said , …. “JOHN it was MY pleasure shakin” hands with You at the Race 😀 ❗ ……………… and I luved the look on your face when I lined up next to “V-BOB” 😀 , …….. in the staging lanes , 😀 I think You were with Bobby Smith and John Shimer …………. I think 😀 wish I had my camara in my car that would have made a GREAT shot from my car at all you guys faces 😀 ❗ …… you know the picture is worth a thousand words deal 😀 ❗ ……….. and I have this picture too on my DOVER PICS FILE , and I used to watch you and RONNIE run the angilia at DOVER TOO , back in the early seventys 😀 😆 ❗ ……….. like 1969 and 70 , I was like 13 years old then 😀 ❗ ……………………………………………… tomato

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Mater …Progress on T-Bird Report!

tomatohead
                                                Participant

……….. the Eagle has landed ❗ . …… er I mean the T-Bird has landed ❗ 😀 ………… in the garage , will start with the fuel pump to get the car runnin and then pull it out and face it in for the rest of the repairs 😀 , I aint pushing this thing around ❗ 😯 😆

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Mater,I remember my ’63’ Bird; the ride was impressive,it ‘float like a boat’,down the road.My biggest ‘gripe’ was,it’s thirst for gas! I tried 2 different rebuilt carbs from Ford; complete tune up,with no avail,yet my 71 Ford P/U with a 390 2bbl. with a Borg-Warner 4 speed (had the ‘granny’ 1st. gear) was ‘fare on fuel’ consumption;go figure? I hope your ‘Bird’ project isn’t a ‘gas-guzzler’ like mine was! Good luck with it Joe! Body wise,looks GOOD!

john-sachs-sr
                                                        Participant

Those “Birds” drove better than any car on the road at the time. 🙂
                                                            Mater, do right by it.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

What actually is your ‘plan’ for this car? Cruiser?…Lowered, lakes pipes -dummy spots? Racer-cut the wheel wells ! or?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.