The End of One and the Begining of Another

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING The End of One and the Begining of Another

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

………. the “PLAN” is realy a simple one 😀 , first its not my car , 😀 ………………… yet 😆 and it runs and drives now just need to go over the brakes and fuel system and its off to the interior shop in PEEKSKILL NY to “JO LEEs ” ring any bells with you ODFs ❓ 😀 ……………………….. then paint job and new tires and maybe it will be at the race next year 😀 ❗ 😮

Attachments:

tomatohead
        Participant

…. ok got the fuel pump in the “THUNDER-CHICKEN” 😀 and it fired right up ❗ drove it out the garage and turned it around and head first it to the garage to start replacing the frezze out plugs ❗ that was alot easyier then pushing it ❗ NOT ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
            Participant

………. so jacked up the car and thought it needed one frezze out plug 🙄 HA ❗ try all 6 ❗ 😮 ❗ heres the first one 😆

Attachments:

tomatohead
                Participant

…….. I love working on cars like this one 😀 , becuase its not mine and I dont have to pay for the parts 😀 ❗ …… cuase when I went to jack up the motor to remove the motor mounts so I can get the frezze plugs behind them ,found out BOTH of them are broken 😮 ❗ and need to remove the starter also ❗ the trans mount is SHOT too ❗

Attachments:

babycakes
                    Participant

Mater,the ‘same’ ole story…’expect the unexpected’ as they say,and I’m proud of you not taking any ‘short-cuts’,and doing it right for the owner! Always SURPRISES!!! 😮 😕

mikey

Mater, it sounds to me, like you should take off the wiper blades, and slide another car under them !!! 😮 😯 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

babycakes
                            Participant

Mikey-Mikey-Mikey,your a ‘pip’! Remember,it’s ‘not’ Mater’s ‘Thunderchicken’! He’s loves working on different ‘restorations’.That’s our man,JOE!!!

super-sport-pete

mater, your projects keep me looking at the forum.you seem to just fix it where neccesary, and go on. you don’t just “throw parts at it”. did you see the chopped 62 at al’s? its funny looking at some books in work yesterday i saw a 62 made into a ranchero, and another a station wagon from a vista cruiser! in hemmings?. in 1966 or so a kid in school had a 62 w/ tonneau he got from his dad. he blew the fmx and in auto shop they convertd it to a stick!

mikey

I figured Joe needed a laugh, ergo, the “wiper joke”. 😀 I watch the posts he makes on his works in progress, and he does nice work. And, as someone said, he only does what’s needed to repair the project. That’s the sign of a true mechanic, not a parts re-placer. 😉 They just throw shit at it until it works. 😮 Then, if you ask them what was wrong, they usually get that “deer in the headlights” look. 😯 I always prided myself on being a good mechanic, and “Mater” certainly fits the mold. 😎 Well, I guess I’ll just go “throw some shit” at Cassies Mitsubishi Eclipse, and see if I can make it work right. God, I love this crap !! ………………Mikey 😆

tomatohead
                                        Participant

…….. hey U guys 😀 ❗ thanks for all the great B.S. your throwin’ my way ❗ U guys are the GREATEST ❗ what are “DOVER” friends for ❗ 😀 Mikey luved the wiper joke ❗ SS “PETE” YES I saw the chopped ‘BIRD at BIG ALs ❗ “BABYCAKES” remember I also said this car isnt mine , …………………yet ❗ 😀 the guy that owns it has know me since I was a little sh#t ❗ and used to ride my bike in his store parking lot next to my dads farm and I actully ran in to it and scratched and dented it 😮 ❗ 😀 man did I get a beating 😮 🙄 ❗ 😀 that was a long time ago 🙄 ……………… then when I was older after I graduated from High School in 1980 he gave me his old 1968 Torino GT 390 fastback 4 speed ❗ ❗ , ….man it needed alot of work 😮 ❗ but I fixed it up and drove it to Lebanon Valley and RACED it ❗ 😀 it was Gold with black scooped hood and stripes and black interior 😀 you can just see it in the pictures of a Mustang that got painted white behind the farm in Somers , and ran at Lebanon Valley too ❗ so I have know Bob for a long time and hes had this car since it was NEW it was takin off the road in 1984 ❗ and parked in his garage where he has “other” cars 🙄 so Yes I am going to fix what is needed to drive it , and then he wants to take it and have the interior done , and repaint it , thats it ❗ , after I finish the frezze plugs and the mounts its going to get a 4 wheel brake rebiuld all the way ❗ everything will be replaced on the brakes for a prefect job ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                            Participant

….. I was not able to work on the thunderchicken today 🙄 had to go to work then stop at my cousins daugthers birthday party 😀 (to eat some really good food 😀 😆 ❗ ) then go to SEARS and pick up the new frig” ❗ so hopefully sunday I can get back to it 😀 ❗

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                Participant

Mater,were watchin ya! Just like Tom’s and Mikey’s builds. Keep us updated.Something ‘different’,restoring a ‘classic’ instead of a ‘hot-rod’ :geek:

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

……. “CAKES” 😀 ❗ if this was my car it would be getting traction bars headers and gears , slicks and a bigger cam 😀 ❗ …………. OH and a ALUMINUM intake 😆 ❗ new motor mounts and brake parts have been ordered and are on the WAY 😀 ❗

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Mater,I think something ‘clicked’ in your brain,after you saw that ‘chopped-top’ Thunderchicken at Big Al’s at Dover 22 Reunion? Joe,show the picture of it to the owner on the one your working on. You just might get him ‘pumped-up’ and the next thing you know you’ll be tubbing it for a narrowed rear,to fit steam-roller size rear tires, Mustang II suspension,rack and pinion steering,and the icing on the cake,a 427 Ford ‘cammer’ for power! Hey,like the lottery,,,,you never know Joe!!! 😆 😆 😆

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

………. man where does the TIME GO ❗ 😯 …. trying to do all the stuff you guys are trying to do , like working and NO playing and the time goes bye FASTER then my car runs at the track 😆 ❗ 😀 , ….. but the new water pump came in and its back to work on the ‘Bird ❗ 😀 so yes the fuel tank and the brakes are next ❗ 😀

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.