The End of One and the Begining of Another

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING The End of One and the Begining of Another

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Mater,when it comes to replacing that water pump on the T/Bird,I look at both my Ranger P/U and my Malibu (both with V/6’s ) and I’d rather do a 100 T/Bird water pump replacements,like yours,than do one on either one on mine! Back then the factories had some ‘ heart’ at least,for access to repair or replace parts on the engines!

tomatohead
        Participant

………….. OH “CAKE” s I hear YA on that one 😀 ❗ 😆 ……… but the plugs are going in , 😀 1 , … 2 , … 3 , …. 😀 ❗ this is pass side done 😀

Attachments:

mikey

Hey, don’t forget the ones behind the flywheel !!! 😈 🙄

tomatohead
                Participant

…….Mikey ❗ you silly boy ❗ 😆 😀 this is not a chevy 😉 three on each side , none in the front or rear 😀

mikey

OK, you got me !! 😆

tomatohead
                        Participant

….. Mikey 😀 ❗ out with the old , in with the new water pump ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                            Participant

…… there was plenty of room to work the swap , not like some of the cars today ❗ 😀 so new pump is in ,with correct water pump pulley and the gen. bracket is hooked up straight and the power steering belt is on too ❗ 😀 …….. what a deal ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                Participant

……. so the next step was dropping the old gas tank out and installing the new one ,all nice new parts ,always makes it easyier 😀 ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                    Participant

…… so now the new tang gets a nice coat of rustoleum paint and pretty much gets popped back in 😀 ❗ ……………… now the last picture is of the car leaving the shop running with a new water pump anti frezze frezze plugs alt and power steering belts and a new gas tank and fuel lines ❗ its great to start this car up and drive it out ❗ but its not road legal , no reg ins no insp. etc till next year would of been nice to take in down the run and open it up a “LITTLE” bit ❗ 😆 a full brake overhual will be next , so for now since the owner is going to FLA for the winter and will be back in the spring to contiue the repairs needed its back to his garage ❗ 😀 ………………………………………. so now I can go to work on the Fairlane for the 5th DOVER RACE at the VALLEY ❗ 😀 ……….. till the next project comes along 😀

Attachments:

babycakes
                                        Participant

Mater,NICE JOB!!!!

tomatohead
                                            Participant

…… OK pretty quiet here with everybody out at Numidia Pa. , so I guess I can finish up on the T-Bird 😀 , yes it t-bird time !, 😀 time to finish the brakes and test drive ❗ The motor mounts and frezze plugs are done and all new ❗ and have added a new 3/8″ fuel line to the tank ❗ trans mount is next ❗ got the car on a lift and can work standing up now ❗ 😀

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                Participant

‘Mater’! You forgot to glass-bead that ‘rusty’ ole water pump pulley,and paint it! 😮 😳 🙄

hvy70ss
                                                    Participant

Mater…Hot Rod TV ain’t got nothin on you!! Your pics are a “How To” online program,good job. You should be collecting royaltys.

Smitty

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

…. HEY ❗ like ive said before ❗ this stuff is just for your veiwing pleasure ❗ so please , ENJOY ❗ 😀 ………… new aluminum 3/8″ fuel line starts at the front and runs to the rear ,front and rear are joined by new 3/8″ rubber fuel line and clamps to complete the line ,from new fuel tank and pick up to new rebuilt fuel pump ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

…..couple more of the fuel system set up 😀 ❗ +

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.