West.-Fair.-Put.-Duch. ROCKERS from the 60’s-70’s

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION West.-Fair.-Put.-Duch. ROCKERS from the 60’s-70’s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Lumped all this in it’s own Heading …so it didn’t “interupt’ other topics The ROCK scene “after Hours”….In The “Metro” Dover Areas of WESTCHESTER-FAIRFIELD-PUTNAM-DUCHESS countys and maybe some of Jersey & long Island.

Paul C. wrote: ‘All those early 70’s chemicals did not disturb the
        outer fibers. The eardrums hurt though. I stayed a little close to the stage at the
        Fore’ N Aft. “Rat Race Choir”.’
        …..So Dino answered :”Which Aft ?….North ,South,East Or original -White Plains?…Me, Terry O. and Gil Shott at North…RRChior ! the Best Who Tribute Band ”

….OK…Westchester ODF rockers,I’ll give you the musicians names, you give me the bands name.
        1. Mark Hitt
        2. Dave Chemela
        3. Steve Luongo
        Your turn…..
        BobbyHVY70SS

dino
        Keymaster

Thats Easy:

Rat Race Choir was a phenomenon on the Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut and Westchester live music scene throughout most of the 70s and 80s, clocking in 300 performances a year and drawing tens of thousands to the burgeoning scene which produced Twisted Sister, Zebra and The Good Rats.
            …. the members consisted of
            Mark Hitt – Guitar,
            Dave Chmela – Bass and Vocals,
            Steve Luongo – Drums and Vocals,
            Gordon Cohen – Keys and Vocals.
            Mark Hitt is the world-class guitarist that recorded with Maggie Bell, John Bonham and Robert Plant before Bonham’s untimely death.
            Steve Luongo has toured the world as a musician with artists such as John Entwistle (The Who) Leslie West (Mountain) Todd Rundgren, Alan Parsons, Ann Wilson (Heart) David Pack (Ambrosia). He has produced music for Billy Squier, Mark Ford, Leslie West, and John Entwistle.
            STAND BY FOR “MY ” Quiz! 😆

related to this topic ,See: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1588&p=9387&hilit=Fore#p9387

dino
            Keymaster

You guys will LOVE this…FACEBOOK site For Fore “n” Aft ! mostly about Brewster BUT over 80 posts By former Band Members, Employees and customers !
                http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=56933683825&topic=8914#/group.php?gid=56933683825

………Oh- theres another one(FaceBook)- “i drank at the Fore’n’Aft, all about White Plains.

dino
                Keymaster

By the late 80’s The Fore n Aft located in White Plains NY had a slogan “We Rocked Your Mother”. It had been open with bands for over 25 years.Actually opened in ’59 Had One House Band always til Kevin Brenner opened Ruston And Brenner Agency, later called Creative Talent Associates,that started Booking bands ALL over .
                    Ok…Heres My Qiuz:
                    1.-Lynn Boccumini…In what Band?
                    2. Pepe Marchello…..In What Band?
                    3.-Lead singer in Big River?

……………………Heres some Bands…Oxford WatchBand, Supa Heat, Ritchie Scarlett Band, Prophecy, Hot Soup, Skin Deep, Reality, Horatio, Chains, Giant….

hvy70ss
                    Participant

Good job w/RRC Dino. i knew you’d know it. Your quiz is tough….still thinkin.

Bobby Smith

dino
                        Keymaster

Hints…Lynn’s nickname was “Mountain Dew” ….Pepe had a bat…..Big River known for perfect Rolling Stones tributes.

dino
                            Keymaster

GIVE UP?
                                1-GAS HOUSE KIDS who Became VELVET NIGHT
                                2-Good Rats
                                3- Big River

maso
                                Participant

* Steve Tollarico and his “Chain Reaction”
                                    * Pipp anf Guy Gilette and the “Big River” with John Plevritis and sometimes little Gerry Patillo.

BUT… We put the “Roll” in Rock & Roll… didn’t we…?!

don-kauer

Dino, Mark Hitt is living in Manhattan on the upper west side….I talk to him every week and we meet at least once a month…………Steve Longo is living in Florida and he and Mark travel back and forth to do gigs…….Mark has already told me that he will be at the meet at Island……..Back in the day I maintained Marks Firebird and Steves Corvette……..These are both World Class Rockers…Don……..

dino
                                        Keymaster

Don…My Wife is a big Who fan….Met Steve at the same time she met John Entwhistle when they were playing together. Can they ….BY Any Stretch of my ACTIVE imagination ….Throw together a group for Entertainment at the Drags ?

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Don Said;
                                                ” Somehow they did a CD with Ian Gillan (Deep Purple), Brian Johnson and Cliff Williams AC/DC and were having its debut at The Chance………We hung out with them backstage and had a great night………..The Rat Race crew is very interested in the DDS site and want to show up at the meet at Island…Don”
                                                ——————————————– So whats the Name of the Group on this CD and can you still get it. ?

don-kauer

You know it wouldn’t hurt to ask…As I said Steve is in Fla. and I see him maybe once a year but Mark and I speak all the time..He once came to a party and played solo for 2 hours and it was a good as having a band. I wiil talk to Mark and I’m sure he will do something….He and Steve are big Drag Race fans………I will also look for some old bootleg Entwhistle / Rat Race music I have around somewhere

don-kauer

Dino, That group effort CD was called Torque by Johnson, Williams, Hitt and Longo………….I’ve never heard it played anywhere but I will look for my demo copy and ship it to you……..Don…….

dino
                                                        Keymaster

don …check this out ! Hey – Were’s Paulie ? He Bartended at the Aft North .

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Oh…Its a WHO weekend …Halftime SHOW -superbowl !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 175 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.