West.-Fair.-Put.-Duch. ROCKERS from the 60’s-70’s

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION West.-Fair.-Put.-Duch. ROCKERS from the 60’s-70’s

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    71duster340

Holy S–t Dino I was there at both and at the time knew Rick. Thanks for reminding me how old I am ha ha.

maso
        Participant

I had a very close friend in Yonkers who I lost touch with in the late 60’s. He found his way up to Boston where he made some very fine recordings with producer Rick Harte and his company “Ace of Hearts Records”…

Go to: http://brushback.vox.com/library/audio/6a00d09e553660be2b011017b1e31e860e.html and have a listen to Lee Ritter and his band the “Infliktors”“Where’s You Get that…Cigarette…?”

These records now are very collectable and valuable.

The Infliktors had a degree of fame on the local Boston scene and TIME Magazine did an article about the Boston Punk Rock scene in 1976 and published pictures of my old buddie Lee Ritter and his band.

From TIME Magazine; 1976

Anyway… I managed to get in touch with him about four years ago through the Internet and gave him a phone call. I spoke to him just before he died of Emphasema… sad.

The Infliktors

Lee Ritter at the Mic

I was in a band with him in the summer of ’65 and we did cover songs that were pretty “hip” at the time. I got him pissed off once because I wanted to “go to the drags” one day instead of having a band rehersal. I didn’t go to the drags because the band was more important.

dino
            Keymaster
                quote 71duster340:

Holy S–t Dino I was there at both and at the time knew Rick. Thanks for reminding me how old I am ha ha.

then the name Joe Tausch should ring a bell…his best buddy and operated Tausch Music Store in Katonah. Our after school hang-out to take all the new Fenders off the wall display and jam when the boss was out .None of them were ever ‘new’ when someone bought them 😆

dino
                Keymaster

Dover Dudes Theme Song? “GET BACK….GET BACK….GET BACK TO WHERE YOU ONCE BELONGED”

vbob
                    Participant

HEY
                        WHOS ROOF WE GONNA MEET ON ??
                        ‘V’

paul-ceasrine

The Vagrants from Long Island, featuring Leslie West,,,,,,,,,,coming to Mahopac High School in 1968.
                            Tickets $3.00

dino
                            Keymaster

Mississippi Queen ! ….do ya know what I mean? ….

mikey

Holy Crap, Dino, we are getting old! Don’t forget Lee Michaels album Barrel. 😆

patina
                                    Participant
                                        quote Paul Ceasrine:

The Vagrants from Long Island, featuring Leslie West,,,,,,,,,,coming to Mahopac High School in 1968.
                                        Tickets $3.00

Wasn’t Leslie West with “Mountain” “Mississippi Queen” yes the Vagrrants where from LI we had a lot of them there 🙄 🙄 🙄

Pat

dino
                                        Keymaster

Pat…I wouldn’t mess with Paulies memory…He’s right.

This is an a very rare movie called “DISK-O-TEK HOLIDAY” circa 1964. This includes an even rarer video appearance by the Vagrants. Check out Leslie West, at the ripe age of 19, and the Vagrants perform “Oh,Those Eyes”

dino
                                            Keymaster

Here’s Leslie 5 years later and another 100 pounds at Woodstock….(We ran that Sunday with Blown Nitro Gas Coupes ! )…

paul-ceasrine

Yep,,,,Mountain performed on Saturday Night, just as Dino was getting home………… 😀

Dover,,,,,,,The Gassers arrived Sunday Morning,,,,,,,,,just as Grace Slick was saying Good Morning People at Woodstock.

The Vagrants,,,,,,played that Surfer Music in the mid-60’s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,’Oh Those Eyes’,,,,,,,the song in the movie.

Jerry Storch was on the organ, and lead singer.
                                                    Leslie West,,,,,,liked White Castle hamburgers,,,,,,,very popular on Long Island back then.

One of The Vagrants last shows, at Mahpac High School………Then came Mountain, with Felix Pappalardi

dino
                                                    Keymaster

FastLane Sent me this;

dino
                                                        Keymaster

AFT REUNION LAST NIGHT IN WHITE PLAINS>

http://www.facebook.com/groups/93710685326/#!/groups/147360055327754/?id=192621447468281&notif_t=group_activity

Also See the Facebook page ‘I Drank at the Fore’n’aft”
                                                            reunion was a ‘private invitation ‘only to keep it from being a Woodstock” (Minimum capacity at venue”… cause theres More Afties on the Facebook page that could Ever fit .
                                                            Heres Great Photo page …recognize anyone …Check out the BANDS !
                                                            http://www.facebook.com/groups/147360055327754/?id=192621447468281&notif_t=group_activity#!/media/set/?set=oa.192563364140756&type=1

TITO …..Niel And even CoCo was there

paul-ceasrine

Drinking Reunion,,,,,,,,

Never heard of that one before,,,,,,,,,,,but when did the regular Fore-N-Aft drinkers stop……. 😆
                                                                Best show at the ‘Fore-N-Aft’ North, Brewster,,,,,,,,,,,,,1974,,,,,,,Rat Race Choir
                                                                Funniest Show,,,,,,,’Fore-N-Aft’, White Plains,,,,,,,,,,,,1976,,,,,,,John Valby

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 175 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.