West.-Fair.-Put.-Duch. ROCKERS from the 60’s-70’s

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION West.-Fair.-Put.-Duch. ROCKERS from the 60’s-70’s

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster
        quote dmcarthur:

Route 22 song and video from youtube…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU6fJs5pmYE

this is so cool

don-kauer

Also Mark said that Dave is the only original there and they are at best a “cover band”…………… 😳

dino
            Keymaster

They Don’t do anything like What they were noted for originally…THE WHO tribute and 4-way surround sound. Mark did a Pete Townsend to the max.

hvy70ss
                Participant

Don’t forget about Mark’s excellent Zeppelin covers too! I’ll always remember the sound of his Heineken bottle on the guitar in”Dazed and Confused” Also…during that era they also covered many Jethro Tull songs. Guys!! I’m just being open minded here!! RRC without Mark? How can it possibly sound? But, how many groups today have ALL original members? I have seen alot of shows with “repalcement” members…some good, some not so good. Next to drag racing concerts/rock clubs are my thing in the past few years…actually since I was 18. SOOOOO..
                    I’ll have a “concert review” of RRC after the June 11 show @ The Chance. BTW.. Dave Chmela (bass & vocals) and Larry McGowan (keyboards) are original…at least as I remember from the late ’70’s.

Bobby Smith

dino
                    Keymaster
                        quote dinotheweirdo:

quote dinotheweirdo:

Any more info on that station…I havn’t gotton any replies. OH- Just Found Bill Suchy, in Florida….Drummer for Prophesy that became OX…He’s a -get this- VIDEO FILM PRODUCER ,and he worked for Disney at one time …Bill Suchy Productions. has a web site.WE ARE in contact and discussion of “the Big Video”.

……………..Billy contacted back …’out of country til May ‘,BUT will be getting together with me…I’ll try to get him on the Forum.

Just in From Billy -Original Drummer for OX-formerly known as ‘Prophesy”:
                        “OX had a reunion concert about 10 years ago in New Rochelle. That’s the last time I saw Coco. Have no idea what happened to Jay after we replaced him with Mike Fradella. I do get together with Mike Marceil (the keyboard player) and Mike Fevery so often. We’re planning to meet in NY later this year to play together. One lives in PA the other in CA. George, the bass player, passed away about 11 years ago.

paul-ceasrine

Dino, While researching for Dover history on t Woodstock weekend.
                            Found a little info about ‘The Mustard Family’. They opened up for a new ‘British Hard Rock Band’ at Oakdale, Theatre, in Wallingford, CT. on 8/17/69.
                            While the Blown-Gassers were running at the Big Gasser-Meet, and Charlie Castaldo was winning S/S eliminator in his SS/BA Hemi Dart, the ‘Mustard Family’ warmed up the
                            Central-Connecticut crowd of 2800 (full-capacity) at the theatre-in-the-round crowd for “Led Zeppelin’. Zeppelin’s fee for their 105-minute show with 2 encores…….$6533.
                            They broke the previous $ gate-record of $5500, held by CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival). The Mustard Family’s fee as the local attraction $500.

Back to ‘Rat Race Choir’. I’m still mad at those guys, as they priced themsleves out, as we tried to book them for our High School Re-Union at lakeland, back in 1975.
                            I think they wanted $3500, and (10) “Virgins from the Senior Class. Of course, they had to be girls…. 😆 😆
                            Paul,,,,,,,More Rck-N-Roll

71duster340

Banksville bar was Deercrest also known as the country house.

71duster340

A liitle late on last post I should have gone to page 7

71duster340

How about a band that played at the Rob Roy in Armonk I believe they were called the Torkays and screen name 094402386- Ray didn’t your brother Ron play the drums? or The Chevelles I believe a guy named Frank Turnball was lead singer?

71duster340

Ray the more I thought about it Ron the drummers last name was delarro your brother I think is Tony.

hvy70ss
                                            Participant

Hello All,
                                                As promised, I said I was going to give a concert review of the “new” Rat Race Choir at the Chance in Poughkeepsie. I could not attend as I was in E-Town for the Supernationals that day/night. BUT……….I sold the tickets to my friends and they went…here’s what they had to say. THEY ABSOLUTELY SUCKED!! Nothing as in the past. The audio/mixing was terrible. No familiar songs. People,including my friends, walked out in under a 1/2 hour. You guy’s were right…nothing like the ’70’s or early ’80’s.

Bob Smith

dino
                                                Keymaster

It all comes Back ! …Torkays Lead singer Richie Tarsiano….when group broke up …Became Our lead singer in my band “the Castaways”…we played at American Legion sun nights in Mt.Kisco….like ’65-’66

dino
                                                    Keymaster

This Might belong in the topic I started about “What Happened in 1964” But it all seems to go together ….Rolling Stone just put out the Top 500 List of “Greatest Songs of all Time” issue…watch This …. out of 500 the YEAR with the most songs is 1965! …at 195 songs. makes you think …the ‘big changes’ that went on -64-65.

patina
                                                        Participant

Fore N Aft never been there but Tommy McGinity has pictures here. http://www.tcmstudios.com/gallery.php#Sky%20Scapes

Nobody has posted anything since Dino at 10:55AM yesterday I’m waiting for a breeze so I can take a picture of my Flag.

Pat

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Just found this ….T-shirt Design I did for ‘comeback tour’ in ’85 of the early 60’s band that played mostly at Cozy Cabin in Cross River ,N.Y. and then in Vista, right down the road.Played at PLENTY of High Schools and even outside at Katonah Memorial Park. LeadGuitar- Davy Volkins,Rythem -Pete Mills ,Joe King on Bass and Denny Abbey on Drums. Fantastic lead singer Rick McMorrow.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 175 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.