2nd annual DOVER-FEST-MAR.20-2010…who’s coming?

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION 2nd annual DOVER-FEST-MAR.20-2010…who’s coming?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

VIDEO BOB sent me this Reminder.You remember Last Year At Jaycess…Snow Storm But about 45 of us got together at the old Sam’s.Well, thats closed up. Brian is the MC of this deal ,and he’s working on a new location…of course IN Wingdale. He’ll have to Follow up here with his progress. For you new guys …Here’s a link to see what happened last year.
        http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=788&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=jaycees

,,,,,AND we have A Video of IT! …In the Video Section (Multi-Media Section -bottom of board index page …have to be logged -in)

“2nd ANNUAL DOVER DRAG STRIP “DOVER FEST” to be held in Wingdale,N.Y.!
        Date,tentative sometime end of Feb. begining of March!!
        Do same thing, meet at the joint to be named at such a time then go to the track for a little ,or dont go to the track, buffet cake, coffee,videos, pic albums. Just a good ole towards the end of winter get together!!
        OH, I’ll make some kugule,What ya thinks ? Lets see if one will fly again before the warm weather comes back to new England!!
        if not Ill go, and drink with Brian by ourselves!!”.. … V-Bob

dino
        Keymaster

V-Bob says he’s going on an unofficial “Recon” of the area this coming week……He’s hitting the footlocker to get out his Stealth Scouting gear……. Remember V-B If your caugh or captured …name rank and serial number omly.

don-kauer

Can’t wait…….Sorry I missed the last one……..My house is only 10 min. from the track entrance………..Don…….

dino
                Keymaster

Yo BRIAN…Check in on your Progress

dino
                    Keymaster

Brian Says since the Old Sam’s is closed…He’s found another place : The “Riverview”…. good parking , owner is up for it. Next Intersection past Diner ,going toward Ct. 1/4 mile on right. Whoever missed it last year …here’s your chance…Just a “casual social ” gathering , as always, IN WINGDALE…..Food & drink,with a Dover flavor. Contact Brian ,to get it going and post here. Pick a date …and figure out the Food.

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

Attachments:

dover1320

Hey, Brian here last year was a blast we even had it covered in drag racer mag .Alot of people could not come because of the weather. I’ve had a plan to do something ”big” in Wingdale you know bring it back home ! but for now we could get together and really make it something there is alot of interest so let’s get some head counts. Thanks Brian M.

anonymous

HEY BRIAN>>
                                    count me in….good choice on the place…i was going to mention the Riverview to you…
                                    it’s where me and my crew stopped on the way back to ct. and sometimes for “lunch”…
                                    looking forward to seeing all 😎

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

Attachments:

bossguy

I’m in! 😀

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY

Attachments:

billy-casey

Isn’t that Al the starters brothers old place … The Berkshire Inn … many years ago… went there after the races a few times with Al and a bunch of guys… pretty big place if I remember correctly… Billy

dino
                                                    Keymaster

No …Als Brothers place close by…Now turned into some kind of repair Garage .Photos of the Dover boys at a after Race Party (end of season Points Trophies were awarded) in the Big ODF Galleries… its Gallery 6 in T.O’Shea Collection.Heres one I pulled…Left to Right :Lee Valentine, Me ,Bobby LaRegina and track worker “Zeke” -where IS HE?

Attachments:

pauljbayarinas

😉 count me in ill bring some friends too

bobby-s

Mid April seem a good time, just before the races & cruises start,
                                                                and ending of S–t Snow season.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.