55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Tom,got to say ‘NEVER A DULL MOMENT” !!! Another ‘memory’ to add to the new ‘ODD JOB ‘ 🙄 😆 Pete.

tomblake
        Participant

Cleaned up the viewing area by moving the gages. All the gages are connected and work plus still able to remove the dash with only two Dzus fasteners.

Attachments:

patina
            Participant

Tom nice tach I had the same in my first 57 in 1968 sold it when I went on vacation to south east asia. The gauges all look 60-ish except for the speedo, is that because it’s a GPS model.

Pat

Attachments:

tomblake
                Participant

Pat ….Yes the speedometer is a new style GPS. Most of the other gages are like the older ones from the original 55. Some of the actual gages in the 55 are pretty old, have been using any of the old stuff I had that would work.
                    I have a cable drive tach that I did use in the original 55 but didn’t put in this car.

tomblake
                    Participant

Working on putting parking lights into the 55.
                        Mikey….Back on Feb 10th you said I should do something about parking lights, well they are coming.

Attachments:

tomblake
                        Participant

Both parking lights are in the car. Still need wiring and molding into place for looks.
                            It is looking more and more like a real 55 Chevy, well maybe close to looking like a real 55.
                            Added a couple of pictures of the front end as 1st installed with paint and now with the addition of lights, grill, painted bumper and grill areas.

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

center Hood Emblem ? to finish it off? Hey Frank…got a spare kickin around?

Attachments:

babycakes
                                Participant

Tom,that really ‘dressed-up’ the nose! NICE!!! 😉 Pete.

tomatohead
                                    Participant

……. “TOM” car looks great ❗ 😀 , you do really NICE work ❗ 😀 ………….. dont stop now ❗ 😆

babycakes
                                        Participant

‘Mater’ Joe, check out the ‘color’ of Tom’s 55 front bumper; a reminder from Mikey on your Fairlane! 😕 😆 😆 😆 Pete.

tomblake
                                            Participant

Finished up a small project Thursday. The windows are now easy in and out with Dzus fasteners. That works good for cruising having open windows and letting air flow inside.

tomblake
                                                Participant

Window in and less than 10 seconds windows out.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                    Participant

WOW Tom…that is COOL! Thanks for sharing! 😮 😉 …Pete.

tomblake
                                                        Participant

The past weekend was a fun and busy one. We went to 5 different car shows. The Chevy has 206 trouble free miles on it so far. We even went to a car show in Dover, that’s Dover FL.
                                                            We have been told by some locals “We did know Dover had a dragstrip” until we tell them Dover NY and no not Dover MD or Dover FL but Dover NY.
                                                            Sometimes it is almost as much fun talking to the folks as it was dragracing. We break less parts anyway. 😀

super-sport-pete

TOM, never mind the lites, HOW do those big back tires work? are they intended for track use? you must have “tried them out” by now. if not i will give you a complementary road test. pete P.S.- make the backup lites work.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.