55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Mikey……Yes we have mufflers on the car now. They are the ones off my Super comp dragster with 4″ inlet and 4″ outlet straight thru mufflers. They are a bit loud. Ordered a set of real mufflers with baffles and everything. 😆 The new ones have 4″ inlets with two 3″ outlets on each muffler. Not on the car yet but did plug them into the present tail pipes and have run the car in the shop, they do lower the noise level. 😀

Attachments:

babycakes
        Participant

Hey Tom ‘SWEET-TUNES’ to cruise by,from your exhaust! 😉 😀 Pete.

tomblake
            Participant

We made the first trip in the air conditioned 55 Chevy tonight. Went to the local car show. Mary really likes the cold air and so do I. We did find out all the electrical draw was too much for the alternator, it was reading low voltage till we got home and started turning off stuff.

tomblake
                Participant

Fabricating brackets for the new mufflers. When finished it will be one bolt per side to go from mufflers to 4″ straight pipe exhaust.

Attachments:

bossguy

Lookin Good Tom! And those bumpers look great!!! Don’t they Tomatohead LOL 😆 😀

mikey

Good one, Jack!! Wake up, Mater, and paint the damn bumpers silver!! 😆 😆 😆 😆

babycakes
                            Participant

KEEP ON HIM MIKEY!!!!!! 😳 😆 😆 😆

mikey

I will, Pete! I’ll be on him like stink on poop!! 😮 😯 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

tomblake
                                    Participant

Just finished the muffler and RE-CHOMED bumper installation.
                                        Hey Mater, we could have done yours at the same time. 😆

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

Hey Tom, I told you before and I’ll say it again: “I loved your bumpers” ❗ 😆
                                            That exhaust system is pretty trick also’ Can’t wait to check it all out in person at the Valley in August. 😮 😆

Frank… 😎

babycakes
                                            Participant

Tom, nice “NEAT” job! It really looks “BOSS”!!!

mikey

Tom, the whole thing looks better than excellent!! I don’t know where you find the patience for that stuff. I’ve got enough on my plate just trying to get ready to get to the Race Track!!
                                                    …………………….Mikey 😆
                                                    PS. The new M&M Web Site is up and running, but is not finished yet. You will probably need to re-register, but then you can post, and put up some pics. I already put up some from the old Photo Gallery, and I’m trying to “steal” some more. 😆

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Got another Alternator but found out the normal alternator has the post on the back surface. The motor plate will not accept the normal post position. The rebuilder has both the burned up one and the new one to modify. The burned up one had a side post and worked good with the motor plate. Friday should have both back if I am lucky.

tomblake
                                                        Participant

Got the original alternator back, they are still working on the new one to convert it to a side post.
                                                            Installed the alternator, started the engine, runs good and charges. The a/c works after sitting all week with no leaks.
                                                            Headed to the car show, found a good place to get on the gas pretty good. The engine started to miss. A push rod guide broke letting the rocker move off the valve. Put the rocker back in place without the guide and drove it onto the trailer and back home we came. Will be looking at the valve train Saturday morning. Will fix the problem so we can make the car show in Plant City in the afternoon. Never a dull moment with these hot rods. 🙂

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Tom, I wish I had your patience and positive attitude towards the 55,and way of life! THANK GOODNESS this episode with your ‘hot-rod’,wasn’t too serious,and your able to make the shows that you look forward to attend. Enjoy,and have a ‘GOOD’ time at them!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 Pete.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.