55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Forgot a picture showing the front. Sure is a big open hole with the grill missing.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Yeah Tom, That new chromed grill will certainly be the cherry on top ❗ 😆
            Well, if that fuel pump had to go bad, maybe a good thing it happened when it did ❓
            Still sucks ❗ 🙁

Frank… 😎

dino
            Keymaster

NICE!

mikey

The car looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I still like silver bumpers though. Great job, can’t wait to see it in person.

babycakes
                    Participant

Tom,absolutely ‘BEAUTIFUL’!!!! I really hate to see it lettered up,it’s so ‘NICE’!!! 😉 …Pete

patina
                        Participant
                            quote Babycakes:

Tom,absolutely ‘BEAUTIFUL’!!!! I really hate to see it lettered up,it’s so ‘NICE’!!! 😉 …Pete

I agree Tom, it’s beautiful but lets not lose sight of what you built, a close facsimile of your old “RACE CAR”. Some people get upset when a race car with history gets turned into a street rod and all that racing (Dover History) is gone. Can you imagine this attachment. Now I say get out the sawzall and some white wall slicks.

Pat

Attachments:

tomblake
                            Participant

The new MagnaFuel pump is installed. Took a 5 mile test ride yesterday and a 20 mile trip today. The fuel problem is fixed.
                                Went by the upholstery shop the have the new headliner cut to install the dome light. The Guy has some good ideas for next years project, to make the interior look good.
                                Still waiting to hear about the chrome grill pieces.

dino
                                Keymaster

Lettering? Decals? Like last year?

tomblake
                                    Participant

Dino…..have the graphics but waiting till the last minute due to the fresh paint.

tomblake
                                        Participant

The Odd Job 55 is about finished. Did a couple of the finishing touches today. Had the new dome light installed and added the polished exhaust tips.
                                            No return call about the grill yet.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                            Participant

Once again Tom….looks ‘GREAT’!!! 😉 Pete

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

Tom, I’m keeping my fingers crossed on that grill chroming delay. The clock
                                                    is ticking. You guys usually leave a week or so before the race? I’d keep calling
                                                    the “chrome guy” !! 😮

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Frank….Called the chrome guy again, left a message but looks like we wouldn’t have the new chrome grill back in time. We put in an old grill without the bars that go around it, don’t have extra bars but did get a grill. Are plan is to start out this Sunday the 27th.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                        Participant

Tom, That old grill will do the job. A lot better than a big hole in front ❗ 😆
                                                            The car looks GREAT ❗ ❗ You guys certainly broke your butts getting this
                                                            gem together and ready to go. What a great job ❗ ❗ I can’t wait to see it
                                                            in a couple weeks, 😮 You guys have a safe trip ❗

The Blakes are coming ❗ The Blakes are coming ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Made the 1st car show with the 55. Lots of lookers and a fun night for the first time out.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.