55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,035 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

You are closing in on The Valley!!!!
        Be safe!!!!

‘V’

tomblake
        Participant

Made it to CT. Got into the Danbury Welcome Center 2:15PM.

frank-j-majauskas
            Participant

Hey Tom, Welcome to the “suckyest” state in the country ❗ 😆 😆

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

patina
                Participant

Hey Tom & Mary Welcome to “DOVERVILLE”
                    2014. The 1st run the MG made after restoration was at Dover 1
                    In 2009. Now it’s like a nationwide event.

Pat

dino
                    Keymaster

How ’bout New York…The “vampire state” …They suck you dry.

tomblake
                        Participant

Made it to my son’s place this afternoon. He needs to make a small repair to his motorcycle and I am going to help him. 😮 😆
                            The weather this time of year in CT is great compared to FL. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the track.
                            Dino….Know what you mean about NY, just bought the Newburg Bridge at the toll station.

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

Good to hear you made it AOK!!!
                                Going home its a free pass over the Hudson! Dont EVER tow anything over the G W bridge!
                                See you Friday at the Valley!

‘V’

babycakes
                                Participant

Tom,will try to hook up with ya Sunday.The ’55’ looking 1st. class! :geek: 😉 . Pete.

tomblake
                                    Participant

What a great show, thanks to Dino and all that made it possible. The 6th annual race was just the best it could be. Just not enough time to see and talk to everyone long enough.
                                        My son made it too hard for me to win our race this year with his perfect .000 tree. Way to go Ronny.
                                        Thanks for the pictures that were posted from the event. I Like the one attached from Bob Dastalto’s camera showing both front wheels up on the 55.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                        Participant

Tom,for all the hard work,and hours you and your wife have put into your ‘beautiful ’55’, NOW! Enjoy the ‘fruits of your labor’!!! 😉 Pete.

tomblake
                                            Participant

Thanks Pete, it was good to finally meet you face to face at the track.

tomblake
                                                Participant

What a good time we had. The trip was 6 miles short of 3000 and went pretty good till Orlando. Got into stop and go traffic for about 10 miles. Woman behind us decided to look for her cell phone and used our trailer to stop. She stuck her little foreign car between the 55 and the trailer bed. The 55 is not too bad but the idea of just getting is finished when this happened. The trailer was hurt the worst but even it was good enough to get home. Cut off the bent pins that held on the ramps and unloaded the car. Guess it is a good thing we didn’t make the front page of the newspaper.
                                                    Today we got all the damage so it looks good again.

patina
                                                    Participant

Glad to see that damage was relatively little and you made it home. Tom check out Robinz video on this site that I posted

Ciao Pat

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY

Geees, sorry to hear about getting rearended!!!
                                                            Thats something 3,000 miles and right near your home!!!Too bad!I drove for a living and I lost count how many cars ended up under the ICC bumper of the trailer!!!
                                                            Funny thing I never felt any of those hits!
                                                            The one I felt the most was pushing a Saturn sideways down 84 at 65 mph!

Take care best of luck now that youre home safe and sound!

‘V’

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Tom,that makes me sick,and it ain’t even my car! Thank goodness your trailer took most of the ‘blunt’! All that ‘hard’ work you and your wife put into the ‘beautiful’ 55. Somehow,it seems there like a target,with a bulls eye in the center, you have to watch and stay away from everything when you park them! To me, the law should be ( nation wide), take away there driver’s license for a year, and let them keep there cell phones! Is it that hard to pull over,and answer it, or make the call? How many accidents and deaths is it gonna take before these people ‘wise’ up, and are breaking the law? Glad you made it home safely,and enjoyed meeting and greeting ya! Pete.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,035 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.