Bill Caseys Surgery

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Bill Caseys Surgery

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    john-sachs-sr
    Participant

Hey “Fella”,
        Hope all goes well,and wishing for a quick recovery. 😀
        John

tomblake
        Participant

Bill
            Thinking about you and glad to hear everything went well.
            Us E/G racers need to stick together.

dino
            Keymaster

Ok- Billys won his class rounds and through to the final Eliminations…Home…rest and we look forward to his freindship and humor…back here when he’s ready . We’re all here for ya guy…you can count on us !

dino
                Keymaster

Just in From Brother BOB Casey !:

Hey Dino,
                    My name is Bob Casey and I am Bill Casey’s brother. I live right down the road from the old Dover Drag Strip in Wingdale. (not too many people say out loud that they’re from Wingdale)
                    I’m not sure whether Bill shared this with you or not, but he has cancer of the esophagus and today he went under the knife. He came out of the surgery with flying colors and we were talking with him at 4:30 this afternoon. It was a serious operation but he totally aced it – heart – lungs – blood pressure – everything looks great.
                    He will be in recovery for another day or so then be intensive care for another few days. Finally a few days in a regular room. His goal is to be out of the hospital in 7 days. It might be a tight schedule but Billy is determined to do it. And if you really know Bill, he probably will.
                    Donna gave me your email so that if you want, you can post this on the Dover web-site that Billy has been glued to all these months. If you or any of the guys wish to send him good wishes, here is the address of the hospital. I’ll keep you posted every few day until he is home again, It may be awhile before he is on line again.

Regards,
                    Bobby

………”send Your Pumpkins” TO:
                    William (Bill) Casey
                    patient
                    Brigham and Women’s Hospital
                    75 Francis Street
                    Boston, MA 02115

anonymous

HEY BILL
                        GREAT to hear the GOOD news 😀
                        what else could it have been with all ODF pulling for you ❗
                        💡 could you do me a favor ❓
                        on your way out stop by the gift shop and get me one of those cute Boston nurse’s (female please) 😎
                        I’ll owe ya
                        rest up Bill….i wiil too 😉
                        Tommy

dino
                        Keymaster

Just sent Reg mail a print-out of all your replies here…so he can see them in hospital…Someone should take him a laptop with wireless internet…and show him he latest ???

dino
                            Keymaster

LATEST FROM THE PUMPKIN WARD !:

Hi Dino,
                                Bill looks great. He was out of bed today and walking around the ICU. He did a 1/4 mile for old times sake. (6 laps). 😆 Tomorrow AM he moves into a ‘normal’ hospital room which is located on the Thoracic Floor. His goal remains the same, which is he wants out in 7 days. I won’t tell Donna but I saw him checking out a nurse. 😯
                                I went to Dover with Bill twice; once in 1965 in his famous 1940 Ford, and again in 1969 right after I returned from Vietnam. I was one of the “Good Morning Vietnam” guys back in their heyday 1968 and 1969. I was Head of Production for the network and had a very popular ‘oldies’ show.
                                I visited your site once just to check it out and see what Bill was talking so much about. I’m not much of a car guy. Bill said that I only made two good car moves in my life: one was when I bought a brand new 66 LeMans convertible and two, the day after I came home from Nam, I bought a new 69 GTO convertible that Bill enjoyed keeping in good shape for me. How I wish I had those cars today.
                                When I get home, I’ll check the site again and probably register.
                                Regards,
                                Bob Casey

bossguy

I’m glad Billys doing well Bob. My brother Bill worked for him on Mclean Ave. Always a great Christmas party there! Best Wishes, Jack Karl

anthony-r-terenzio

Bill get well soon and i’ll see you at the races Anthony Terenzio

dino
                                        Keymaster

MORE FROM ORANGE 57 PITS !!!:

Dino and Guys,
                                            You guys have no idea how your get well wishes effected Bill. This hospital, which is as ‘top shelf’ as it gets, has a beautiful Library with a whole bunch of computers and printers.
                                            Donna, Billy’s wife, got on the Dover site and found the multiple pages of good wishes.The Librarian showed us how to turn on the printer. We then placed some paper in and printed out the entire log which turned out to be about 10 pages.
                                            Bill is now out of ICU and is in a step-down room. He walked his 1/4 mile again today 2 1/2 times and tonight he may get the first good night of sleep since he arrived. He’s one tough
                                            MF and at times, he doesn’t tell the nurse if or when he has pain or discomfort. But these nurses are just as tough, and he is in the best of hands.
                                            As soon as he was settled in his new digs, we gave him the 10 stapled pages of all your good wishes. He began reading them with a big smile, stopping at times to tell us about the author. Needless to say he was touched by each and every one of them
                                            On behalf of Donna, and sister Judy, I thank you all. We shall continue to monitor the site and bring him updates. Words from you guys are just as important as any medicine or pill.
                                            Regards,
                                            Bob Casey

………………………Words from Our new Dover Song (DOVER DAYS) for “Big Video”;
                                            ‘In the other lane ,you’re the enemy, but back in the pits ,you’re family”……………………
                                            thanks guys…this is how we do it from now on…keep it up [dino-edit]

masracingtd1167
                                            Participant

Yesterday Billy Griffin calls me and say’s he just got a call from Billy Casey . He cuuld not talk very well but just wanted to know how we made out at the dyno .I hope I didnt get you in trouble Willie ? Were gonna miss having him at Maple Grove next weekend! Billy , hope you are feeling better, will talk to you soon .

maso
                                                Participant

hummm…

Maybe I will give him a call myself at the Boston hospital on Sunday or Monday.

http://www.brighamandwomens.org/

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Dover CSI ! We can find ya !…Thanks Maso…..He’s TALKING ALREADY ….good grief! I’d say the repairs in the “Pits” have him ready for “next Round”………If he gets to keyboard ,should be interesting !

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY

Billy,rumor is,they put a revlimiter on em to keep him from catching up with the help at the hospital !!
                                                            When ya get back to R.I. we’ll have a good ole beach party!!!

‘V’

masracingtd1167
                                                            Participant

Hey Bill

It’s the other half of Mas Racing (the half that can type!!!!) wishing you well. I am so happy to hear that the surgery is behind you and you are on your way to recovery. They can’t keep a good man down. Just do as your told and BEHAVE!!!

Tell Donna I was asking for her. I’m sure she is worn out from worry and the toll the hospital takes on a person (patient or visitor).

You are quite popular! You got more Emails than any one person I know.YOU MUST BE LOVED!!!!!

See you soon Kathy Mas

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.